Windows update partially down?

Nondisclosure007

Windows update partially down?
I've tried to run Windows/Microsoft update from 2 different PC's on 2
different ISP's and I get the same error from both stating that it
couldn't download the updates.

PC 1: Vista, Cable broadband (Windows update control panel applet)
PC 2: XP, DSL (Microsoft Update website)

Is MS having problems? I say yes, since this pretty much tells me the
same thing on both of these.

Anyone else noticing this?
PA Bear

Re: Windows update partially down?
Post the complete error message(s) and tell us how the machines connect to
the internet.

Also tell us if Automatic Updates is enabled on both machines.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Nondisclosure007 wrote:
> I've tried to run Windows/Microsoft update from 2 different PC's on 2
> different ISP's and I get the same error from both stating that it
> couldn't download the updates.
>
> PC 1: Vista, Cable broadband (Windows update control panel applet)
> PC 2: XP, DSL (Microsoft Update website)
>
> Is MS having problems? I say yes, since this pretty much tells me the
> same thing on both of these.
>
> Anyone else noticing this?

Nondisclosure007

Re: Windows update partially down?
hmmm, odd. it's working now on the Vista machine. I'm not hear the
XP machine, so I can't get that one.

thanks anyways!

On Jan 2, 9:59*am, "PA Bear" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Post the complete error message(s) and tell us how the machines connect to
> the internet.
>
> Also tell us if Automatic Updates is enabled on both machines.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Adminhttp://aumha.net
> DTS-Lhttp://dts-l.net/
>

> Nondisclosure007 wrote:
> > I've tried to run Windows/Microsoft update from 2 different PC's on 2
> > different ISP's and I get the same error from both stating that it
> > couldn't download the updates.

> > PC 1: Vista, Cable broadband (Windows update control panel applet)
> > PC 2: XP, DSL (Microsoft Update website)

> > Is MS having problems? *I say yes, since this pretty much tells me the
> > same thing on both of these.

> > Anyone else noticing this?- Hide quoted text -

Robbok

RE: Windows update partially down?
I can no longer get into updates. I use MSN Premium as my ISO. My McAfee
became corrupted & I had to get another AV program. I reported the problem &
had a tech rep from MSN/Verizon take over my browser & work with me. I worked
with 2 tech reps on 2 occasions late Dec. We spent about 2 hours on this.
They were stumped. They think it's a Microsoft problem & they promised to
report it. My error code is 0x80072EE7.

"Nondisclosure007" wrote:

> I've tried to run Windows/Microsoft update from 2 different PC's on 2
> different ISP's and I get the same error from both stating that it
> couldn't download the updates.
>
> PC 1: Vista, Cable broadband (Windows update control panel applet)
> PC 2: XP, DSL (Microsoft Update website)
>
> Is MS having problems? I say yes, since this pretty much tells me the
> same thing on both of these.
>
> Anyone else noticing this?

PA Bear

Re: Windows update partially down?
As if anyone from MSN/Verizon would have a clue!

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

Robbok wrote:
> I can no longer get into updates. I use MSN Premium as my ISO. My McAfee
> became corrupted & I had to get another AV program. I reported the
> problem
> & had a tech rep from MSN/Verizon take over my browser & work with me. I
> worked with 2 tech reps on 2 occasions late Dec. We spent about 2 hours on
> this. They were stumped. They think it's a Microsoft problem & they
> promised to report it. My error code is 0x80072EE7.
>
> "Nondisclosure007" wrote:
>
>> I've tried to run Windows/Microsoft update from 2 different PC's on 2
>> different ISP's and I get the same error from both stating that it
>> couldn't download the updates.
>>
>> PC 1: Vista, Cable broadband (Windows update control panel applet)
>> PC 2: XP, DSL (Microsoft Update website)
>>
>> Is MS having problems? I say yes, since this pretty much tells me the
>> same thing on both of these.
>>
>> Anyone else noticing this?

Robbok

RE: Windows update partially down?
Here's the answer as I now see it-- the Microsoft update for Dec. contained a
new download tool. All of the problems started after that update that
probably contained a "corrupt" file that keeps Microsoft from recognizing
Microsoft. Tens of thousands of windows users have this problem. Many don't
even realize it yet. Let's hope that Microsoft knows about this & sends us
an update in Jan. that corrects this. However, how do we get the update if
we can't get into the update site? Will the auto updates still work???

"Nondisclosure007" wrote:

> I've tried to run Windows/Microsoft update from 2 different PC's on 2
> different ISP's and I get the same error from both stating that it
> couldn't download the updates.
>
> PC 1: Vista, Cable broadband (Windows update control panel applet)
> PC 2: XP, DSL (Microsoft Update website)
>
> Is MS having problems? I say yes, since this pretty much tells me the
> same thing on both of these.
>
> Anyone else noticing this?

Mick Trezise

RE: Windows update partially down?
I have exactly the same error code appearing on my machine too and have no
clue as to why this is happening. It has only recently appeared and all
other anti virus or firewall programmes are unaffected so it is not a virus.
I have swept my machine and it appears that the only programme affected is
Microsoft Updates. My system is fully legal as well so no problems with
piracy or anything like that. No idea what is happening at all. My error
code is 0x80072EE7 as well.

"Robbok" wrote:

> I can no longer get into updates. I use MSN Premium as my ISO. My McAfee
> became corrupted & I had to get another AV program. I reported the problem &
> had a tech rep from MSN/Verizon take over my browser & work with me. I worked
> with 2 tech reps on 2 occasions late Dec. We spent about 2 hours on this.
> They were stumped. They think it's a Microsoft problem & they promised to
> report it. My error code is 0x80072EE7.
>
> "Nondisclosure007" wrote:
>
> > I've tried to run Windows/Microsoft update from 2 different PC's on 2
> > different ISP's and I get the same error from both stating that it
> > couldn't download the updates.
> >
> > PC 1: Vista, Cable broadband (Windows update control panel applet)
> > PC 2: XP, DSL (Microsoft Update website)
> >
> > Is MS having problems? I say yes, since this pretty much tells me the
> > same thing on both of these.
> >
> > Anyone else noticing this?

PA Bear

Re: Windows update partially down?
What leads you to the conclusion that the December updates included "a new
download tool"?

Robbok wrote:
> Here's the answer as I now see it-- the Microsoft update for Dec.
> contained
> a new download tool. All of the problems started after that update that
> probably contained a "corrupt" file that keeps Microsoft from recognizing
> Microsoft. Tens of thousands of windows users have this problem. Many
> don't even realize it yet. Let's hope that Microsoft knows about this &
> sends us an update in Jan. that corrects this. However, how do we get the
> update if we can't get into the update site? Will the auto updates still
> work???
>
> "Nondisclosure007" wrote:
>
>> I've tried to run Windows/Microsoft update from 2 different PC's on 2
>> different ISP's and I get the same error from both stating that it
>> couldn't download the updates.
>>
>> PC 1: Vista, Cable broadband (Windows update control panel applet)
>> PC 2: XP, DSL (Microsoft Update website)
>>
>> Is MS having problems? I say yes, since this pretty much tells me the
>> same thing on both of these.
>>
>> Anyone else noticing this?

Robbok

Re: Windows update partially down?
The site said that a new tool is part of the Dec. update & it will make
downloads faster.

"PA Bear" wrote:

> What leads you to the conclusion that the December updates included "a new
> download tool"?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Robbok wrote:
> > Here's the answer as I now see it-- the Microsoft update for Dec.
> > contained
> > a new download tool. All of the problems started after that update that
> > probably contained a "corrupt" file that keeps Microsoft from recognizing
> > Microsoft. Tens of thousands of windows users have this problem. Many
> > don't even realize it yet. Let's hope that Microsoft knows about this &
> > sends us an update in Jan. that corrects this. However, how do we get the
> > update if we can't get into the update site? Will the auto updates still
> > work???
> >
> > "Nondisclosure007" wrote:
> >
> >> I've tried to run Windows/Microsoft update from 2 different PC's on 2
> >> different ISP's and I get the same error from both stating that it
> >> couldn't download the updates.
> >>
> >> PC 1: Vista, Cable broadband (Windows update control panel applet)
> >> PC 2: XP, DSL (Microsoft Update website)
> >>
> >> Is MS having problems? I say yes, since this pretty much tells me the
> >> same thing on both of these.
> >>
> >> Anyone else noticing this?

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Windows update partially down?
Please post the URL to the site that contains that information.
Thanks.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten