error code ox80246008

SpatialPoet

error code ox80246008

through some reading of other people's experiences with this error on this
forum, i opened up the services.msc program on the Start/Run program.

I found the BITS and opened the properties to find that the Service status
is Stopped. Changing the startup type to manual and clicking the Start
button results in a "Error 126: The specified module could not be found."

Now I don't what else to do. Please help!

Please let me know if there is any additional information that you require.

thanks
Engel

RE: error code ox80246008
0x80246008 -2145099768 SUS_E_DM_FAILTOCONNECTTOBITS Failed to create the
IBackgroundCopyManager interface to BITS. The BITS service may have been
disabled

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=910337
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916251
- -- ---

"SpatialPoet" wrote:

> error code ox80246008
>
> through some reading of other people's experiences with this error on this
> forum, i opened up the services.msc program on the Start/Run program.
>
> I found the BITS and opened the properties to find that the Service status
> is Stopped. Changing the startup type to manual and clicking the Start
> button results in a "Error 126: The specified module could not be found."
>
> Now I don't what else to do. Please help!
>
> Please let me know if there is any additional information that you require.
>
> thanks

SpatialPoet

RE: error code ox80246008
Thank you very much for your suggestion. After a few false starts, I
followed only the first two steps on the this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916251 and when I restarted my computer it
started downloading and installing updates automatically that I haven't been
able to download for almost two months. Thanks again.

Should I continue with the remaining steps in the process, or do you think
I'm ok?

"Engel" wrote:

> 0x80246008 -2145099768 SUS_E_DM_FAILTOCONNECTTOBITS Failed to create the
> IBackgroundCopyManager interface to BITS. The BITS service may have been
> disabled
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=910337
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916251
> - -- ---
>
> "SpatialPoet" wrote:
>
> > error code ox80246008
> >
> > through some reading of other people's experiences with this error on this
> > forum, i opened up the services.msc program on the Start/Run program.
> >
> > I found the BITS and opened the properties to find that the Service status
> > is Stopped. Changing the startup type to manual and clicking the Start
> > button results in a "Error 126: The specified module could not be found."
> >
> > Now I don't what else to do. Please help!
> >
> > Please let me know if there is any additional information that you require.
> >
> > thanks

Engel

RE: error code ox80246008
You're welcome, glad to have been of service and thanks for posting bªck.

IMHO you're OK

Remember - if it ain't broke - don't fix it. :-)

Have a Good Year 2008

(¯`·._.·Ǝиçεl·._.·´¯)

"SpatialPoet" wrote:

> Thank you very much for your suggestion. After a few false starts, I
> followed only the first two steps on the this article:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916251 and when I restarted my computer it
> started downloading and installing updates automatically that I haven't been
> able to download for almost two months. Thanks again.
>
> Should I continue with the remaining steps in the process, or do you think
> I'm ok?
>

> "Engel" wrote:
>
> > 0x80246008 -2145099768 SUS_E_DM_FAILTOCONNECTTOBITS Failed to create the
> > IBackgroundCopyManager interface to BITS. The BITS service may have been
> > disabled

> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916251
> > - -- ---
> >
> > "SpatialPoet" wrote:
> >
> > > error code ox80246008
> > >
> > > through some reading of other people's experiences with this error on this
> > > forum, i opened up the services.msc program on the Start/Run program.
> > >
> > > I found the BITS and opened the properties to find that the Service status
> > > is Stopped. Changing the startup type to manual and clicking the Start
> > > button results in a "Error 126: The specified module could not be found."
> > >
> > > Now I don't what else to do. Please help!
> > >
> > > Please let me know if there is any additional information that you require.
> > >
> > > thanks

SpatialPoet

RE: error code ox80246008
OK that's great. Thank you very much for your help. Happy New Year!