Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

unable to download any updates to Win XP or Defender.

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2008
silverb
 

Posts: n/a
unable to download any updates to Win XP or Defender.
It appears there has been some type of bug in the software somewhere. This
many people not being able to install updates looks like a Microsoft issue
and not users. I keep getting [Error number: 0x80072EE7]. Will Microsoft
issue a fix?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2008
rspires@ohiohills.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: unable to download any updates to Win XP or Defender.
On Jan 1, 8:03*pm, silverb <silv...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> It appears there has been some type of bug in the software somewhere. *This
> many people not being able to install updates looks like a Microsoft issue
> and not users. I keep *getting [Error number: 0x80072EE7]. *Will Microsoft
> issue a fix?


I have tried all of the fixes for Error 0x80072EE7 suggested by
Microsoft,
plus these posts. Non of them have fixed the problem ! Can't get
updates
for XP or Defender for the last several weeks after major updates
(about four
all in the same batch). Can't restore XP to prior date before these
updates ?
Spent 4 hrs. on the phone with Microsoft, still no resolution ! What
now ?
I do not want to reload XP from scratch. It is about 4 years old with
hundreds
of updates since ! Please help. Find below several lines from
suggested
log. Please help me.

**** Spires

2008-01-01 20:18:46:375 2452 c60 Misc =========== Logging initialized
(build: 7.0.6000.381, tz: -0500) ===========
2008-01-01 20:18:46:375 2452 c60 Misc = Process: C:\Program Files
\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
2008-01-01 20:18:46:375 2452 c60 Misc = Module: C:\WINDOWS
\system32\WUWEB.DLL
2008-01-01 20:18:46:375 2452 c60 Misc Validating signature for C:
\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\WuRedir\9482F4B4-E343-43B6-
B170-9A65BC822C77\wuredir.cab:
2008-01-01 20:18:46:531 2452 c60 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
2008-01-01 20:18:46:578 2452 c60 Misc WARNING: DownloadFileInternal
failed for http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7...r/wuredir.cab:
error 0x80072ee7
2008-01-01 20:18:46:578 2452 c60 Misc Validating signature for C:
\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\WuRedir\9482F4B4-E343-43B6-
B170-9A65BC822C77\wuredir.cab:
2008-01-01 20:18:46:593 2452 c60 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
2008-01-01 20:18:47:843 2452 c60 Misc Validating signature for C:
\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\WuRedir\9482F4B4-E343-43B6-
B170-9A65BC822C77\wuredir.cab:
2008-01-01 20:18:47:859 2452 c60 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
2008-01-01 20:18:47:890 2452 c60 Misc Validating signature for C:
\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\WebSetup\wuident.cab :
2008-01-01 20:18:47:921 2452 c60 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
2008-01-01 20:18:48:328 2452 c60 Misc Validating signature for C:
\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\WebSetup\wuident.cab :
2008-01-01 20:18:48:343 2452 c60 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
2008-01-01 20:18:48:406 2452 c60 Misc WARNING: DownloadFileInternal
failed for http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7...sus3setup.cab:
error 0x80072ee7
2008-01-01 20:18:48:406 2452 c60 WUWeb FATAL:
CheckIfClientUpdateNeeded failed: error 0x80072ee7
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2008
Christa
 

Posts: n/a
RE: unable to download any updates to Win XP or Defender.
Never had this problem before , will Microsoft do something about it ?

"silverb" wrote:

> It appears there has been some type of bug in the software somewhere. This
> many people not being able to install updates looks like a Microsoft issue
> and not users. I keep getting [Error number: 0x80072EE7]. Will Microsoft
> issue a fix?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2008
Christa
 

Posts: n/a
RE: unable to download any updates to Win XP or Defender.
Has anything been done about it

"silverb" wrote:

> It appears there has been some type of bug in the software somewhere. This
> many people not being able to install updates looks like a Microsoft issue
> and not users. I keep getting [Error number: 0x80072EE7]. Will Microsoft
> issue a fix?

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2008
PA Bear
 

Posts: n/a
Re: unable to download any updates to Win XP or Defender.
Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527

Support for Windows Update:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport

For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in
the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with
security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available through
your usual support contacts.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

silverb wrote:
> It appears there has been some type of bug in the software somewhere.
> This
> many people not being able to install updates looks like a Microsoft issue
> and not users. I keep getting [Error number: 0x80072EE7]. Will Microsoft
> issue a fix?


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2008
oljohn
 

Posts: n/a
Re: unable to download any updates to Win XP or Defender.
Have you tried the fix written about under one of the other groups (one with
the most post) 30 in fact. The entery I am referring to is by Silver,where he
suggest checking and changing your DNS resolution .Worked for me.
--
oljohn


"PA Bear" wrote:

> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
>
> Support for Windows Update:
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
>
> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in
> the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with
> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).
>
> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>
> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available through
> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org
>
> silverb wrote:
> > It appears there has been some type of bug in the software somewhere.
> > This
> > many people not being able to install updates looks like a Microsoft issue
> > and not users. I keep getting [Error number: 0x80072EE7]. Will Microsoft
> > issue a fix?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2008
silverb
 

Posts: n/a
Re: unable to download any updates to Win XP or Defender.
oljohn, I don't see that group and not sure how to change my DNS setting. Can
you attach the link for it?
Thanks

"oljohn" wrote:

> Have you tried the fix written about under one of the other groups (one with
> the most post) 30 in fact. The entery I am referring to is by Silver,where he
> suggest checking and changing your DNS resolution .Worked for me.
> --
> oljohn
>
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
> > Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
> > https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
> >
> > Support for Windows Update:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
> >
> > For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in
> > the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> > subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with
> > security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> > to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).
> >
> > For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
> > for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
> > site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
> >
> > For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available through
> > your usual support contacts.
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org
> >
> > silverb wrote:
> > > It appears there has been some type of bug in the software somewhere.
> > > This
> > > many people not being able to install updates looks like a Microsoft issue
> > > and not users. I keep getting [Error number: 0x80072EE7]. Will Microsoft
> > > issue a fix?

> >
> >

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2008
oljohn
 

Posts: n/a
Re: unable to download any updates to Win XP or Defender.

Check under search 80072ee7 , windows update. Ten groups down from yours,
Group started by Gent 12-16-07. Last post dated 01-02-08 by Silver. 30 post
in that group.
Respond if you cant locate.

--
oljohn


"silverb" wrote:

> oljohn, I don't see that group and not sure how to change my DNS setting. Can
> you attach the link for it?
> Thanks
>
> "oljohn" wrote:
>
> > Have you tried the fix written about under one of the other groups (one with
> > the most post) 30 in fact. The entery I am referring to is by Silver,where he
> > suggest checking and changing your DNS resolution .Worked for me.
> > --
> > oljohn
> >
> >
> > "PA Bear" wrote:
> >
> > > Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
> > > https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
> > >
> > > Support for Windows Update:
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
> > >
> > > For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in
> > > the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> > > subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with
> > > security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> > > to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).
> > >
> > > For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
> > > for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
> > > site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
> > >
> > > For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available through
> > > your usual support contacts.
> > > --
> > > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > > MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> > > AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org
> > >
> > > silverb wrote:
> > > > It appears there has been some type of bug in the software somewhere.
> > > > This
> > > > many people not being able to install updates looks like a Microsoft issue
> > > > and not users. I keep getting [Error number: 0x80072EE7]. Will Microsoft
> > > > issue a fix?
> > >
> > >

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2008
silverb
 

Posts: n/a
Re: unable to download any updates to Win XP or Defender.
I opened a windows support. It was the DNS setting. Once I set my DNS to auto
detect. It worked fine. Thanks to all the posts for the help!

"oljohn" wrote:

>
> Check under search 80072ee7 , windows update. Ten groups down from yours,
> Group started by Gent 12-16-07. Last post dated 01-02-08 by Silver. 30 post
> in that group.
> Respond if you cant locate.
>
> --
> oljohn
>
>
> "silverb" wrote:
>
> > oljohn, I don't see that group and not sure how to change my DNS setting. Can
> > you attach the link for it?
> > Thanks
> >
> > "oljohn" wrote:
> >
> > > Have you tried the fix written about under one of the other groups (one with
> > > the most post) 30 in fact. The entery I am referring to is by Silver,where he
> > > suggest checking and changing your DNS resolution .Worked for me.
> > > --
> > > oljohn
> > >
> > >
> > > "PA Bear" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
> > > > https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
> > > >
> > > > Support for Windows Update:
> > > > http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
> > > >
> > > > For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in
> > > > the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> > > > subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with
> > > > security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> > > > to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).
> > > >
> > > > For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
> > > > for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
> > > > site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
> > > >
> > > > For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available through
> > > > your usual support contacts.
> > > > --
> > > > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > > > MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> > > > AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org
> > > >
> > > > silverb wrote:
> > > > > It appears there has been some type of bug in the software somewhere.
> > > > > This
> > > > > many people not being able to install updates looks like a Microsoft issue
> > > > > and not users. I keep getting [Error number: 0x80072EE7]. Will Microsoft
> > > > > issue a fix?
> > > >
> > > >

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: unable to download any updates to Win XP or Defender.
YW & thanks for this feedback.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

silverb wrote:
> I opened a windows support. It was the DNS setting. Once I set my DNS to
> auto detect. It worked fine. Thanks to all the posts for the help!
>
> "oljohn" wrote:
>
>>
>> Check under search 80072ee7 , windows update. Ten groups down from yours,
>> Group started by Gent 12-16-07. Last post dated 01-02-08 by Silver. 30
>> post
>> in that group.
>> Respond if you cant locate.
>>
>> --
>> oljohn
>>
>>
>> "silverb" wrote:
>>
>>> oljohn, I don't see that group and not sure how to change my DNS
>>> setting.
>>> Can you attach the link for it?
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> "oljohn" wrote:
>>>
>>>> Have you tried the fix written about under one of the other groups (one
>>>> with the most post) 30 in fact. The entery I am referring to is by
>>>> Silver,where he suggest checking and changing your DNS resolution
>>>> .Worked for me. --
>>>> oljohn
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "PA Bear" wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
>>>>> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
>>>>>
>>>>> Support for Windows Update:
>>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
>>>>>
>>>>> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling
>>>>> 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States and in Canada or by contacting
>>>>> your
>>>>> local Microsoft subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that
>>>>> are associated with security updates. When you call, clearly state
>>>>> that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
>>>>> update's
>>>>> KB number (e.g., KB123456).
>>>>>
>>>>> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft
>>>>> subsidiary for security update support issues, visit the International
>>>>> Support Web site:
>>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>>>>>
>>>>> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
>>>>> through your usual support contacts.
>>>>> --
>>>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>>>> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
>>>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org
>>>>>
>>>>> silverb wrote:
>>>>>> It appears there has been some type of bug in the software somewhere.
>>>>>> This
>>>>>> many people not being able to install updates looks like a Microsoft
>>>>>> issue and not users. I keep getting [Error number: 0x80072EE7].
>>>>>> Will
>>>>>> Microsoft issue a fix?


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
unable to download updates brian henry microsoft.public.windowsupdate 3 11-28-2007 13:51
security center not able to download windows defender updates ashok parmar microsoft.public.windowsupdate 3 11-24-2007 16:07
Blème Win. Defender Alex VN microsoft.public.fr.windows.vista.general 1 10-31-2007 16:44
Win/Defender can't install Def updates musiclover microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 6 07-17-2007 17:06




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:33.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120