error message on running windows 2000 profesional

tony

error message on running windows 2000 profesional
I have an old compaq ARMADA 7400 laptop and I basicaly use this computer for
getting on the internet and surfing. I am running a windows 2000 prof. with
service pack 2. I have downloaded the service pack 4 but everytime I tried to
install the service pack 4 after awhile I got an error message indicating
that there is a problem with installing it ( it says it needs a newer version
of the installation program for windows) today I tries to run MS messanger
ver 6.0 that is installed on my laptop and I got an error message indicating
it needs a newer ver of windows service pack that contains newer version of
windows installer service.
I think these two probles are related van anyone makes heads and tails from
these two problems I have and suggest a soloution. I realy appriciate any
positive feed back.
Gus

Re: error message on running windows 2000 profesional
On Jan 1, 1:26*pm, tony <t...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have an old compaq ARMADA 7400 laptop and I basicaly use this computer for
> getting on the internet and surfing. I am running a windows 2000 prof. with
> service pack 2. I have downloaded the service pack 4 but everytime I triedto
> install the service pack 4 after awhile I got an error message indicating
> that there is a problem with installing it ( it says it needs a newer version
> of the installation program for windows) today I tries *to run MS messanger
> ver 6.0 that is installed on my laptop and I got an error message indicating
> it needs a newer ver of windows service pack that contains newer version of
> windows installer service.
> I think these two probles are related van anyone makes heads and tails from
> these two problems I have and suggest a soloution. I realy appriciate any
> positive feed back.

Download and install Windows Installer 3.1 from: