hp total care advisor stopped working

susan l

hp total care advisor stopped working
The replies on the discussion group don't work. Does anyone have a fix? I've
tried everything...
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: hp total care advisor stopped working
susan l wrote:

> The replies on the discussion group don't work. Does anyone have a fix? I've
> tried everything...

Someone at HP's site might. Since it is not a Windows Update issue,
suggest you post there.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/...isplay=support

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============
susan l

Re: hp total care advisor stopped working
I was told it could be a Vista problem that it why I posted here.

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> susan l wrote:
>
> > The replies on the discussion group don't work. Does anyone have a fix? I've
> > tried everything...

> Someone at HP's site might. Since it is not a Windows Update issue,
> suggest you post there.
>
> http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/...isplay=support
>

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============

Shenan Stanley

susan l wrote:
> I was told it could be a Vista problem that it why I posted here.

Told by whom?

When posting your issues in the future - please provide all relevant details
at the start. For example, in this post alone - we have stumbled across the
facts that you have an HP computer of some sort, 4 replies later, we know
you have Windows Vista (not what version, however) and we know you have
discussed this problem in other newsgroups/forums and have been told it
*could* be a Windows Vista (not an HP) issue...

It would be nice if you told us more of what we might need to know now...
Like...
- If the "HP Total Care Advisor" worked when you first got the HP computer?
- If the "HP Total Care Advisor" was working and stopped, when did it stop?
What changed? Updates were applied? Which ones? What happens when you
uninstall said updates?
- What were you told in the 'other discussion groups'? (and what other
discussion groups are you referring to?)
- What have *you* tried to fix the issue?
- Done any web searches to try and find the solution?

Example - a Google search for:
"hp total care advisor" "Windows Vista" not working

Lead me to:
http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=785005

Which may work for you - but not knowing if you have tried it or not might
keep me from posting it.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

susan l

Re: hp total care advisor stopped working
I appreciate your reply and appologize that I did not ask the question
properly, however I have been working on this for 2 days and it's driven me a
little crazy. The HP advisor was working previously. I have Vista home
premium and an hp pavillion dv6265 notebook. I hadn't used the laptop in a
month or so when I turned it on the message came up that the hp advisor has
stopped working. When I went to the hp website in the troubleshooting area,
it kept coming up about Vista so I then asked the question on here. The site
you gave me I started to try however, the mediafire in one of the steps no
longer is working. I've tried to system restore and that won't work either.

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> susan l wrote:
> > Does anyone have a fix?

> susan l wrote:
> > The replies on the discussion group don't work. Does anyone have a
> > fix? I've tried everything...

> MowGreen [MVP] wrote:
> > Someone at HP's site might. Since it is not a Windows Update issue,
> > suggest you post there.
> >
> > http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/...isplay=support

> susan l wrote:
> > I was told it could be a Vista problem that it why I posted here.

> Told by whom?
>
> When posting your issues in the future - please provide all relevant details
> at the start. For example, in this post alone - we have stumbled across the
> facts that you have an HP computer of some sort, 4 replies later, we know
> you have Windows Vista (not what version, however) and we know you have
> discussed this problem in other newsgroups/forums and have been told it
> *could* be a Windows Vista (not an HP) issue...
>
> It would be nice if you told us more of what we might need to know now...
> Like...
> - If the "HP Total Care Advisor" worked when you first got the HP computer?
> - If the "HP Total Care Advisor" was working and stopped, when did it stop?
> What changed? Updates were applied? Which ones? What happens when you
> uninstall said updates?
> - What were you told in the 'other discussion groups'? (and what other
> discussion groups are you referring to?)
> - What have *you* tried to fix the issue?
> - Done any web searches to try and find the solution?
>
> Example - a Google search for:
> "hp total care advisor" "Windows Vista" not working
>
> Lead me to:
> http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=785005
>
> Which may work for you - but not knowing if you have tried it or not might
> keep me from posting it.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Mohan Kumar

Hp total care advisor not working
Hi,
Create a new user account and check the status of total care advisor .It will work if the old user profile/account is currupt.

Regards,
Mohan

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Hp total care advisor not working