update error 8024402C

nk5

update error 8024402C
Hi!i search for a solution as i haven't updated my computer since last month.
I recieve the "Windows Update error 8024402C" when I try to manually
> update my system. I have a windows vista home basic edition. I have never had any problem like this before. I have tried many solutions for this problem, but none of them have worked.
> If you have any information, please tell me.thank you

TaurArian

Re: update error 8024402C
You may receive a "0x8024402C" error message when you scan for updates on the Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900936

Windows Update error 8024402C
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...504611033.mspx

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"nk5" <nk5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi!i search for a solution as i haven't updated my computer since last month.
| I recieve the "Windows Update error 8024402C" when I try to manually
| > update my system. I have a windows vista home basic edition. I have never had any
problem like this before. I have tried many solutions for this problem, but none of them
have worked.
| > If you have any information, please tell me.thank you

nk5

Re: update error 8024402C
Thanks for the site but i still have the problem. My lan settings are ok and
i have followed the instructions with proxy...etc. Do you think that norton
antivirus programme that i have set up to my computer may cause the problem
with windows update?Thanks for the assistance. Does anyone else has found out
which specific programme may prevent the windows update?

"TaurArian" wrote:

> You may receive a "0x8024402C" error message when you scan for updates on the Windows
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900936
>
> Windows Update error 8024402C
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...504611033.mspx
>

> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "nk5" <nk5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Hi!i search for a solution as i haven't updated my computer since last month.
> | I recieve the "Windows Update error 8024402C" when I try to manually
> | > update my system. I have a windows vista home basic edition. I have never had any
> problem like this before. I have tried many solutions for this problem, but none of them
> have worked.
> | > If you have any information, please tell me.thank you

stylistlaurie

RE: update error 8024402C
I had the same problem. Try going to your network center from the control
panel. Go to manage network connections, select the network then select
diagnose this connection. From there it gave me an error saying my IP
addresses were not configured correctly. It then allowed me to automatically
configure it to the correct settings.