Validation Not Completed: ActiveX Error

Don Dempsey

Validation Not Completed: ActiveX Error
I had to reinstall Windows XP Home to correct an OS error. I have reloaded
my data and program files. Windows Automatic Update brought my critical
security updates current. Trying (unusccessfully so far) to accomplish same
for Office 2000 update. MS Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Results shows that
Active scripting allowed, Display images enabled, Time & date correct,
Cookies enabled, ActiveX enabled, and Windows Validation ActiveX loaded all
passed. But, Office validation and Validation Self-help ActiveX loads both
failed. The "Resolve Now" button does not appear to have resolved anything.

I get a Valdiation Not Completed: ActiveX Error. It cites the following
possible reasons why validation was not successful:
1) MS Genuine Advantage Tool requires the user to have administrative
priviledges on the computer. (This is my home PC; I'm the head of the
household; What must I do to get MS Genuine Advantage to recognize that I
have admin. rights to this PC?)

2) MS Genuine Advantage Tool is unable to communicate with the Micosoft
validation servers. (Windows Update Servers could communicate with the
Genuine Advantage Tool; why can't Office Update accomplish that
communication)?!!

The link to "learn more about troublehooting anit-virus, anti-spyware, IE
and firewall settings" hasn't helped so far. Any suggestions? Please
provide relevant citations from relevant MS Knowledge Base articles. Thanks.

TaurArian

Re: Validation Not Completed: ActiveX Error
The Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) validation check process does not complete when you
try to validate your copy of Windows XP or Windows 2000 Professional
You receive an error code and the copy of Microsoft Windows is not validated when you try
to use Windows Genuine Advantage to validate your copy of Windows

You receive a "Validation Incomplete: Online Validation Failure" error message or a
"0x80080204" error code when you try to validate Windows XP

For assistance from Microsoft:
Please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of Microsoft Download Center pages
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/ContactDownloads

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"Don Dempsey" <DonDempsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I had to reinstall Windows XP Home to correct an OS error. I have reloaded
| my data and program files. Windows Automatic Update brought my critical
| security updates current. Trying (unusccessfully so far) to accomplish same
| for Office 2000 update. MS Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Results shows that
| Active scripting allowed, Display images enabled, Time & date correct,
| Cookies enabled, ActiveX enabled, and Windows Validation ActiveX loaded all
| passed. But, Office validation and Validation Self-help ActiveX loads both
| failed. The "Resolve Now" button does not appear to have resolved anything.
|
| I get a Valdiation Not Completed: ActiveX Error. It cites the following
| possible reasons why validation was not successful:
| 1) MS Genuine Advantage Tool requires the user to have administrative
| priviledges on the computer. (This is my home PC; I'm the head of the
| household; What must I do to get MS Genuine Advantage to recognize that I
| have admin. rights to this PC?)
|
| 2) MS Genuine Advantage Tool is unable to communicate with the Micosoft
| validation servers. (Windows Update Servers could communicate with the
| Genuine Advantage Tool; why can't Office Update accomplish that
| communication)?!!
|
| The link to "learn more about troublehooting anit-virus, anti-spyware, IE
| and firewall settings" hasn't helped so far. Any suggestions? Please
| provide relevant citations from relevant MS Knowledge Base articles. Thanks.

Don Dempsey

Re: Validation Not Completed: ActiveX Error
TaurAurian's reply related to Windows Update (which I completed
successfully). My problem relates to critical/security updates to Office
2000. The references do not appear to be applicable to my problem.

The ActiveX for Office Validation and Validation Self-help won't load. I
think it has to do with Admin Rights for my PC (my home PC, I'm the head of
household; I have the authority, but apparently the OS re-load messed up
those settings, and I don't know how to satisfy Windows Genuine Advantage
that I have the appropriate Admin Rights for this PC.

Don Dempsey
Highlands Ranch, CO

"TaurArian" wrote:

> The Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) validation check process does not complete when you
> try to validate your copy of Windows XP or Windows 2000 Professional
> You receive an error code and the copy of Microsoft Windows is not validated when you try
> to use Windows Genuine Advantage to validate your copy of Windows
>
> You receive a "Validation Incomplete: Online Validation Failure" error message or a
> "0x80080204" error code when you try to validate Windows XP
>
> For assistance from Microsoft:
> Please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of Microsoft Download Center pages
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/ContactDownloads
>

> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "Don Dempsey" <DonDempsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I had to reinstall Windows XP Home to correct an OS error. I have reloaded
> | my data and program files. Windows Automatic Update brought my critical
> | security updates current. Trying (unusccessfully so far) to accomplish same
> | for Office 2000 update. MS Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Results shows that
> | Active scripting allowed, Display images enabled, Time & date correct,
> | Cookies enabled, ActiveX enabled, and Windows Validation ActiveX loaded all
> | passed. But, Office validation and Validation Self-help ActiveX loads both
> | failed. The "Resolve Now" button does not appear to have resolved anything.
> |
> | I get a Valdiation Not Completed: ActiveX Error. It cites the following
> | possible reasons why validation was not successful:
> | 1) MS Genuine Advantage Tool requires the user to have administrative
> | priviledges on the computer. (This is my home PC; I'm the head of the
> | household; What must I do to get MS Genuine Advantage to recognize that I
> | have admin. rights to this PC?)
> |
> | 2) MS Genuine Advantage Tool is unable to communicate with the Micosoft
> | validation servers. (Windows Update Servers could communicate with the
> | Genuine Advantage Tool; why can't Office Update accomplish that
> | communication)?!!
> |
> | The link to "learn more about troublehooting anit-virus, anti-spyware, IE
> | and firewall settings" hasn't helped so far. Any suggestions? Please
> | provide relevant citations from relevant MS Knowledge Base articles. Thanks.

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Validation Not Completed: ActiveX Error
Suggest you post the Office validation issue here since it's not Windows
Update related, Don :

Office Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Office)
http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/...1005&SiteID=25

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten