Exploror Update

Dan

Exploror Update
Checking the web site told me of an available update to Exploror 7, Security
Update. When I tried to update got message telling me that update did not
d/l with error code of 0x80242006. Anybody got any idea what this mens?
--
Dan
Engel

RE: Exploror Update
Hello Dan,

1.- Click Start, and then click Run.

2.- In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.

3.- Write (copy & paste) each command and press Enter.

net stop wuauserv
ren %SystemRoot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution_antiguo
net start wuauserv

4.- Exit

5.- Try to Update now.

Good luck
- -- --

"Dan" wrote:

> Checking the web site told me of an available update to Exploror 7, Security
> Update. When I tried to update got message telling me that update did not
> d/l with error code of 0x80242006. Anybody got any idea what this mens?
> --
> Dan

Dan

RE: Exploror Update
Engel, Hello
I will try your "fix" and let you know.
Dan
--
Dan

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello Dan,
>
> 1.- Click Start, and then click Run.
>
> 2.- In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.
>
> 3.- Write (copy & paste) each command and press Enter.
>
> net stop wuauserv
> ren %SystemRoot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution_antiguo
> net start wuauserv
>
> 4.- Exit
>
> 5.- Try to Update now.
>
> Good luck
> - -- --
>
> "Dan" wrote:
>
> > Checking the web site told me of an available update to Exploror 7, Security
> > Update. When I tried to update got message telling me that update did not
> > d/l with error code of 0x80242006. Anybody got any idea what this mens?
> > --
> > Dan

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Exploror Update
Is this Windows XP or Vista ?

Please, do *not* rename the folder that Engel suggested be renamed.
Besides, I doubt the command he posted will work.

Instead, open the WindowsUpdate.log by going to Start> Run > type in

%windir%\windowsupdate.log

Click OK or press Enter
Please copy and paste the last 50 or so lines of the WU.log into your
reply, Dan.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Dan wrote:

> Engel, Hello
> I will try your "fix" and let you know.
> Dan

PA Bear

Re: Exploror Update
Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot, AVG
Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before attempting
to install the update(s).

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

**As your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call the
above number and ask to be transfered to the Consumer IE7 queue (which is
#47830).**

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

Dan wrote:
> Checking the web site told me of an available update to Exploror 7,
> Security
> Update. When I tried to update got message telling me that update did not
> d/l with error code of 0x80242006. Anybody got any idea what this mens?

Dan

RE: Exploror Update
Engle,
I called a Exploror help desk. They sent me some files to update my
regestry. I installed the files and now I can download updates!
Dan
--
Dan

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello Dan,
>
> 1.- Click Start, and then click Run.
>
> 2.- In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.
>
> 3.- Write (copy & paste) each command and press Enter.
>
> net stop wuauserv
> ren %SystemRoot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution_antiguo
> net start wuauserv
>
> 4.- Exit
>
> 5.- Try to Update now.
>
> Good luck
> - -- --
>
> "Dan" wrote:
>
> > Checking the web site told me of an available update to Exploror 7, Security
> > Update. When I tried to update got message telling me that update did not
> > d/l with error code of 0x80242006. Anybody got any idea what this mens?
> > --
> > Dan

Dan

Re: Exploror Update
I did contact an IE7 helpdesk. They sent me some files. I installed the
files and now everything appears to be working!
--
Dan

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
> anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot, AVG
> Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before attempting
> to install the update(s).

> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).
>
> **As your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call the
> above number and ask to be transfered to the Consumer IE7 queue (which is
> #47830).**

> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org
>

> Dan wrote:
> > Checking the web site told me of an available update to Exploror 7,
> > Security
> > Update. When I tried to update got message telling me that update did not
> > d/l with error code of 0x80242006. Anybody got any idea what this mens?

Re: Exploror Update
Thanks for your feedback.

Dan, can you tell us your Windows version, the file names you were given and
what you were to do with them, please? Thanks! Your answers might help
others here.
--
~PA Bear

Dan wrote:
> I did contact an IE7 helpdesk. They sent me some files. I installed the
> files and now everything appears to be working!
>
>> Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
>> anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot, AVG
>> Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before
>> attempting
>> to install the update(s).

>> Support for Windows Update:

>> in
>> with
>> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
>> related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g.,
>> KB123456).
>>
>> **As your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call
>> the
>> above number and ask to be transfered to the Consumer IE7 queue (which is
>> #47830).**
>>
>> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
>> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
>> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>>
>> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
>> through
>> your usual support contacts.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org
>>
>> Dan wrote:
>>> Checking the web site told me of an available update to Exploror 7
>>> Security
>>> Update. When I tried to update got message telling me that update did
>>> not
>>> d/l with error code of 0x80242006. Anybody got any idea what this mens?

Dan

Re: Exploror Update
I have Windows XP and use Exploror 7.0. The files that I was sent looked
like they had something to do with the Registry. After I installed the
files, my windows update worked fine, but my download history is gone! I
will find the files and send them to you if you wish.
--
Dan

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Thanks for your feedback.
>
> Dan, can you tell us your Windows version, the file names you were given and
> what you were to do with them, please? Thanks! Your answers might help
> others here.
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> Dan wrote:
> > I did contact an IE7 helpdesk. They sent me some files. I installed the
> > files and now everything appears to be working!
> >
> >> Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
> >> anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot, AVG
> >> Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before
> >> attempting
> >> to install the update(s).
> >>
> >> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
> >> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
> >>
> >> Support for Windows Update:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
> >>
> >> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
> >> in
> >> the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> >> subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated
> >> with
> >> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
> >> related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g.,
> >> KB123456).
> >>
> >> **As your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call
> >> the
> >> above number and ask to be transfered to the Consumer IE7 queue (which is
> >> #47830).**
> >>
> >> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
> >> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
> >> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
> >>
> >> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
> >> through
> >> your usual support contacts.
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> >> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

Re: Exploror Update
Yes, please put the REG files in a ZIP file then send the ZIP file to me at
pabearmvp[AT]gmail.com. Thank you very much.
--
~PA Bear