Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)

Paul

Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)
Hi,
My computer has Windows XP and I'm getting above error code while
running windows update. This computer was build by oem manufacturer and the
serial number sticker is attached to my computer. I do not know how to enter
this serial number in my compter so this error will go away.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
TaurArian

Re: Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)
what is the error code?
KB892130 merely references: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892130

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

| Hi,
| My computer has Windows XP and I'm getting above error code while
| running windows update. This computer was build by oem manufacturer and the
| serial number sticker is attached to my computer. I do not know how to enter
| this serial number in my compter so this error will go away.
|
| Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Rich

Re: Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)
If you dont implement the Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool then
Windows Update won't download any Critical Updates. I had done any updates
since last May until I gave in and ran the Validation Tool.

Rich

"TaurArian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@gmail.com> wrote in message
> what is the error code?
> KB892130 merely references: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892130
>
> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
> Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may
> benefit.
>

> "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Hi,
> | My computer has Windows XP and I'm getting above error code while
> | running windows update. This computer was build by oem manufacturer and
> the
> | serial number sticker is attached to my computer. I do not know how to
> enter
> | this serial number in my compter so this error will go away.
> |
> | Your help will be greatly appreciated.

TaurArian

Re: Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)
In addition:
You receive an error code and the copy of Microsoft Windows is not validated when you try
to use Windows Genuine Advantage to validate your copy of Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908440

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
====================================
http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

"TaurArian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@gmail.com> wrote in message
| what is the error code?
| KB892130 merely references: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892130
|
| --
| ====================================
| TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
| ====================================
| How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
| Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
|

| "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|| Hi,
|| My computer has Windows XP and I'm getting above error code while
|| running windows update. This computer was build by oem manufacturer and the
|| serial number sticker is attached to my computer. I do not know how to enter
|| this serial number in my compter so this error will go away.
|| Your help will be greatly appreciated.

joel