[Error number: 0x80190193

saheed

[Error number: 0x80190193
I get this error, whenever i requested that my system be scanned for windows
server 2003 updates:

The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem
TaurArian

Re: [Error number: 0x80190193
This issue occurs if the server is busy. Also check your security software to make sure
Script Blocking is not enabled.

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"saheed" <saheed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I get this error, whenever i requested that my system be scanned for windows
| server 2003 updates:
|
| The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
| trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem

saheed

Re: [Error number: 0x80190193
Hi,
I actually removed the Mcafee EPO Server on the system and enabled settings
that has anything to do with scripting on the IE security setting for
Internet zone.

I get the same message, but with a different error code now.
[Error number: 0x80072EFD]

"TaurArian" wrote:

> This issue occurs if the server is busy. Also check your security software to make sure
> Script Blocking is not enabled.
>
> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "saheed" <saheed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I get this error, whenever i requested that my system be scanned for windows
> | server 2003 updates:
> |
> | The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> | trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem

TaurArian

Re: [Error number: 0x80190193
Error: 80072EFD = ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT
Translation: Cannot connect to the Internet server

There's a possibility that either a 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware program, web
accelerator, Internet security/antivirus program and/or a proxy server is interfering with
the Windows Update Services (SVCHOST) accessing the Internet.

Suggest adding the Windows Update website addresses to exceptions/allow list
http://*.update.microsoft.com
https://*.update.microsoft.com
http://download.windowsupdate.com

If that hasn't help, check that the Windows Update Service can connect to the Internet
through port 80 and port 443.

You may need to refer to the individual programs documentation for further instructions.

When accessing the Update site, you receive the 0x80072EE2 or 0x80072EFD error.
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False

You may receive an "Error 0x80072EE2," "Error 0x80072EE7," "Error 0x80072EFD," "Error
0x80072F76," or "Error 0x80072F78" error message when you try to use the Windows Update
Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836941

Finding a solution for the 0x80072EFD error
http://www.updatexp.com/0x80072efd.html

See also:

When searching for available updates on the Update site, you receive the 0x8024502d
error - WinXP.
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False

What causes Error 0x8024502d
http://www.updatexp.com/0x8024502d.html

--
====================================

| Hi,
| I actually removed the Mcafee EPO Server on the system and enabled settings
| that has anything to do with scripting on the IE security setting for
| Internet zone.
|
| I get the same message, but with a different error code now.
| [Error number: 0x80072EFD]
|

| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > This issue occurs if the server is busy. Also check your security software to make
sure
| > Script Blocking is not enabled.
| >
| > --
| > ====================================
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
| > ====================================
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
| > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
| >

| > "saheed" <saheed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > |I get this error, whenever i requested that my system be scanned for windows
| > | server 2003 updates:
| > |
| > | The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
| > | trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem

saheed

Re: [Error number: 0x80190193

Yes, it worked. I Implemented all suggestions on the Microsoft Update Web site
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836941. I actually dont know the exact
one that did it.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Error: 80072EFD = ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT
> Translation: Cannot connect to the Internet server
>
> There's a possibility that either a 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware program, web
> accelerator, Internet security/antivirus program and/or a proxy server is interfering with
> the Windows Update Services (SVCHOST) accessing the Internet.
>
> Suggest adding the Windows Update website addresses to exceptions/allow list
> http://*.update.microsoft.com
> https://*.update.microsoft.com
> http://download.windowsupdate.com
>
> If that hasn't help, check that the Windows Update Service can connect to the Internet
> through port 80 and port 443.
>
> You may need to refer to the individual programs documentation for further instructions.
>
> When accessing the Update site, you receive the 0x80072EE2 or 0x80072EFD error.
> http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False
>
> You may receive an "Error 0x80072EE2," "Error 0x80072EE7," "Error 0x80072EFD," "Error
> 0x80072F76," or "Error 0x80072F78" error message when you try to use the Windows Update
> Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836941
>
> Finding a solution for the 0x80072EFD error
> http://www.updatexp.com/0x80072efd.html
>
> See also:
>
> When searching for available updates on the Update site, you receive the 0x8024502d
> error - WinXP.
> http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False
>
> What causes Error 0x8024502d
> http://www.updatexp.com/0x8024502d.html
>

> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "saheed" <saheed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Hi,
> | I actually removed the Mcafee EPO Server on the system and enabled settings
> | that has anything to do with scripting on the IE security setting for
> | Internet zone.
> |
> | I get the same message, but with a different error code now.
> | [Error number: 0x80072EFD]
> |

> | "TaurArian" wrote:
> |
> | > This issue occurs if the server is busy. Also check your security software to make
> sure
> | > Script Blocking is not enabled.
> | >
> | > --
> | > ====================================
> | > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> | > ====================================
> | > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> | > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
> | > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
> | >

> | > "saheed" <saheed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | > |

TaurArian

Re: [Error number: 0x80190193
At least you're updating again.

====================================

| Yes, it worked. I Implemented all suggestions on the Microsoft Update Web site
| http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836941. I actually dont know the exact
| one that did it.

| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > Error: 80072EFD = ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT
| > Translation: Cannot connect to the Internet server
| >
| > There's a possibility that either a 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware program, web
| > accelerator, Internet security/antivirus program and/or a proxy server is interfering
with
| > the Windows Update Services (SVCHOST) accessing the Internet.
| >
| > Suggest adding the Windows Update website addresses to exceptions/allow list
| > http://*.update.microsoft.com
| > https://*.update.microsoft.com
| > http://download.windowsupdate.com
| >
| > If that hasn't help, check that the Windows Update Service can connect to the Internet
| > through port 80 and port 443.
| >
| > You may need to refer to the individual programs documentation for further
instructions.

| > When accessing the Update site, you receive the 0x80072EE2 or 0x80072EFD error.

http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False

| > You may receive an "Error 0x80072EE2," "Error 0x80072EE7," "Error 0x80072EFD," "Error
| > 0x80072F76," or "Error 0x80072F78" error message when you try to use the Windows
Update
| > Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site
| > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836941
| >
| > Finding a solution for the 0x80072EFD error
| > http://www.updatexp.com/0x80072efd.html
| >
| > See also:
| >
| > When searching for available updates on the Update site, you receive the 0x8024502d
| > error - WinXP.

http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False

| > What causes Error 0x8024502d
| > http://www.updatexp.com/0x8024502d.html
| >

| > --
| > ====================================
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
| > ====================================
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
| > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
| >

| > "saheed" <saheed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | Hi,
| > | I actually removed the Mcafee EPO Server on the system and enabled settings
| > | that has anything to do with scripting on the IE security setting for
| > | Internet zone.
| > |
| > | I get the same message, but with a different error code now.
| > | [Error number: 0x80072EFD]
| > |
| > |
| > | "TaurArian" wrote: