Error(s) found: Code 8024402c

Manuel

Error(s) found: Code 8024402c
Hi, I recently ran my Windows Update and got an error code 8024402c.
I am running Windows Vista. I ran the get help on my computer. It said I
needed to set internet explorer automatically detect local area network
(LAN). I went though
the steps and reran Windows Update but, it still gives my the same error code.
If anyone knows what to do I would appreciate some advice. Thanks Manuel.

TaurArian

Re: Error(s) found: Code 8024402c
Windows Update error 8024402C
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...504611033.mspx
in particular Windows Update error 80072efd.

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"Manuel" <Manuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi, I recently ran my Windows Update and got an error code 8024402c.
| I am running Windows Vista. I ran the get help on my computer. It said I
| needed to set internet explorer automatically detect local area network
| (LAN). I went though
| the steps and reran Windows Update but, it still gives my the same error code.
| If anyone knows what to do I would appreciate some advice. Thanks Manuel.

Manuel

RE: Error(s) found: Code 8024402c
Hi Greetz on another post about the same problem found a fix.
Please read on and do what I did to fix my problem.

I solved the problem on my computer...finally

at first my englisch is not very well so exuses me for that

Open your networkcenter and go to manage connections, go to your active
conection and go to properties. Go to TCP/ipv4 and to properties, now mark
ip- adres and dns-serveradres to automatic.

then turn your conection off and on.

finally go to windows update.

I hope this will work for al of you

greetz martijn

"Manuel" wrote:

> Hi, I recently ran my Windows Update and got an error code 8024402c.
> I am running Windows Vista. I ran the get help on my computer. It said I
> needed to set internet explorer automatically detect local area network
> (LAN). I went though
> the steps and reran Windows Update but, it still gives my the same error code.
> If anyone knows what to do I would appreciate some advice. Thanks Manuel.

Rick_C34

RE: Error(s) found: Code 8024402c
Thanks this worked for me too! After hours online with hpsupport and microsoft.

"Manuel" wrote:

> Hi Greetz on another post about the same problem found a fix.
> Please read on and do what I did to fix my problem.
>
> I solved the problem on my computer...finally
>
> at first my englisch is not very well so exuses me for that
>
> Open your networkcenter and go to manage connections, go to your active
> conection and go to properties. Go to TCP/ipv4 and to properties, now mark
> ip- adres and dns-serveradres to automatic.
>
> then turn your conection off and on.
>
> finally go to windows update.
>
> I hope this will work for al of you
>
> greetz martijn
>

> "Manuel" wrote:
>
> > Hi, I recently ran my Windows Update and got an error code 8024402c.
> > I am running Windows Vista. I ran the get help on my computer. It said I
> > needed to set internet explorer automatically detect local area network
> > (LAN). I went though
> > the steps and reran Windows Update but, it still gives my the same error code.
> > If anyone knows what to do I would appreciate some advice. Thanks Manuel.

U Myint Oo

"Manuel" wrote:

> Hi, I recently ran my Windows Update and got an error code 8024402c.
> I am running Windows Vista. I ran the get help on my computer. It said I
> needed to set internet explorer automatically detect local area network
> (LAN). I went though
> the steps and reran Windows Update but, it still gives my the same error code.
> If anyone knows what to do I would appreciate some advice. Thanks Manuel.

Burnheart

RE: Error(s) found: Code 8024402c

Hi Manuel,
Just wanted to say thanx for the fix to this problem. I spent hours looking
for a fix
in the Microsoft KB and got nothing.

Cheers

pellew

"U Myint Oo" wrote:

> "Manuel" wrote:
>
> > Hi, I recently ran my Windows Update and got an error code 8024402c.
> > I am running Windows Vista. I ran the get help on my computer. It said I
> > needed to set internet explorer automatically detect local area network
> > (LAN). I went though
> > the steps and reran Windows Update but, it still gives my the same error code.
> > If anyone knows what to do I would appreciate some advice. Thanks Manuel.

Joahnn

"Manuel" wrote:

> Hi Greetz on another post about the same problem found a fix.
> Please read on and do what I did to fix my problem.
>
> I solved the problem on my computer...finally
>
> at first my englisch is not very well so exuses me for that
>
> Open your networkcenter and go to manage connections, go to your active
> conection and go to properties. Go to TCP/ipv4 and to properties, now mark
> ip- adres and dns-serveradres to automatic.
>
> then turn your conection off and on.
>
> finally go to windows update.
>
> I hope this will work for al of you
>
> greetz martijn
>

> "Manuel" wrote:
>
> > Hi, I recently ran my Windows Update and got an error code 8024402c.
> > I am running Windows Vista. I ran the get help on my computer. It said I
> > needed to set internet explorer automatically detect local area network
> > (LAN). I went though
> > the steps and reran Windows Update but, it still gives my the same error code.
> > If anyone knows what to do I would appreciate some advice. Thanks Manuel.

thanks I run Vist Home Premium 64bit and today when I checked for updates it
gave me the same code and your fix worked it is apreciated! (Good work)
ThePhotoMan

RE: Error(s) found: Code 8024402c
Thank You. I have been down since 2/10/08 with this problem. Thank you so
much for posting the fix. I hope someday I can help you. Thank you again.