Massive update

Gunnar Z

Massive update
Dear All!
I have currently installed a relatively old version of Windows XP in a
portable computer, since I wanted to have a "professional" version instead of
the "Home" version that I had before. I had it since long, used on a
computer on which I managed to destroy the motherboard.
After this install, I got 90 updates from Microsoft Update.
I have not got any messages that could indicate some problem with verifying
the validity of the Windows version, but after trying to install some 20
times, and going through all the six**** (16) different error messages that I
got, finding nothing wrong, I just don't know where to continue my search.
I have been going through all the error massages, running REGEDIT, regsvr32,
and updating Internet Explorer innumberable times. Emptying all the caches
as well.
Could it be something with the number of updates? I have tried to use the
"Advanced" tab when installing. No difference. Even if I allow only one
update at a time, no success! All the updates download correctly on my
computer, but they can not be installed.
--
GON
Engel

RE: Massive update
Hello GON,

Look here

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...b-3c76650a7720

Good luck
- -- ---

"Gunnar Z" wrote:

> Dear All!
> I have currently installed a relatively old version of Windows XP in a
> portable computer, since I wanted to have a "professional" version instead of
> the "Home" version that I had before. I had it since long, used on a
> computer on which I managed to destroy the motherboard.
> After this install, I got 90 updates from Microsoft Update.
> I have not got any messages that could indicate some problem with verifying
> the validity of the Windows version, but after trying to install some 20
> times, and going through all the six**** (16) different error messages that I
> got, finding nothing wrong, I just don't know where to continue my search.
> I have been going through all the error massages, running REGEDIT, regsvr32,
> and updating Internet Explorer innumberable times. Emptying all the caches
> as well.
> Could it be something with the number of updates? I have tried to use the
> "Advanced" tab when installing. No difference. Even if I allow only one
> update at a time, no success! All the updates download correctly on my
> computer, but they can not be installed.
> --
> GON

KingKong

Re: Massive update
You cannot have a "professional"version of XP unless you have the XP Pro
install CD .
Updates cannot make XP Home into XP Pro so what is with the "I wanted to
have a professional version"??
If it is and was an"old"version of XP Home then it stays XP Home.
Al you can do is install SP2 to make it XP Home SP2.
"Gunnar Z" <jafet@gro.pp.te> wrote in message
> Dear All!
> I have currently installed a relatively old version of Windows XP in a
> portable computer, since I wanted to have a "professional" version instead
> of
> the "Home" version that I had before. I had it since long, used on a
> computer on which I managed to destroy the motherboard.
> After this install, I got 90 updates from Microsoft Update.
> I have not got any messages that could indicate some problem with
> verifying
> the validity of the Windows version, but after trying to install some 20
> times, and going through all the six**** (16) different error messages
> that I
> got, finding nothing wrong, I just don't know where to continue my search.
> I have been going through all the error massages, running REGEDIT,
> regsvr32,
> and updating Internet Explorer innumberable times. Emptying all the
> caches
> as well.
> Could it be something with the number of updates? I have tried to use
> the
> "Advanced" tab when installing. No difference. Even if I allow only one
> update at a time, no success! All the updates download correctly on my
> computer, but they can not be installed.
> --
> GON

Gunnar Z

Re: Massive update
I'm sorry,
Obviously I was not clear enough.
Of course I have a Professional CD! My laptop was, though, delivered with
a "Home" version preinstalled. Today I downloaded Internet Explorer 7. It
worked like a dream, BUT, the updates to XP that need to be installed for IE7
did not install. I went back to Microsoft Update to try to install again,
this time inactivating my Norton Antivirus. Same result. No install.
--
GON

"KingKong" wrote:

> You cannot have a "professional"version of XP unless you have the XP Pro
> install CD .
> Updates cannot make XP Home into XP Pro so what is with the "I wanted to
> have a professional version"??
> If it is and was an"old"version of XP Home then it stays XP Home.
> Al you can do is install SP2 to make it XP Home SP2.
> "Gunnar Z" <jafet@gro.pp.te> wrote in message
> > Dear All!
> > I have currently installed a relatively old version of Windows XP in a
> > portable computer, since I wanted to have a "professional" version instead
> > of
> > the "Home" version that I had before. I had it since long, used on a
> > computer on which I managed to destroy the motherboard.
> > After this install, I got 90 updates from Microsoft Update.
> > I have not got any messages that could indicate some problem with
> > verifying
> > the validity of the Windows version, but after trying to install some 20
> > times, and going through all the six**** (16) different error messages
> > that I
> > got, finding nothing wrong, I just don't know where to continue my search.
> > I have been going through all the error massages, running REGEDIT,
> > regsvr32,
> > and updating Internet Explorer innumberable times. Emptying all the
> > caches
> > as well.
> > Could it be something with the number of updates? I have tried to use
> > the
> > "Advanced" tab when installing. No difference. Even if I allow only one
> > update at a time, no success! All the updates download correctly on my
> > computer, but they can not be installed.
> > --
> > GON

Gunnar Z

RE: Massive update
IT WORKED LIKE A DREAM!
No wonder your screen name is "Angel", if I should translate it to english.
I thank you from all my heart. I would never have found out that problem
unless you had directed me to it!
As we say in Sweden: Hav a nice end of the year 2007, and a very happy 2008!
--
GON

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello GON,
>
> Look here
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...b-3c76650a7720
>
> Good luck
> - -- ---
>

> "Gunnar Z" wrote:
>
> > Dear All!
> > I have currently installed a relatively old version of Windows XP in a
> > portable computer, since I wanted to have a "professional" version instead of
> > the "Home" version that I had before. I had it since long, used on a
> > computer on which I managed to destroy the motherboard.
> > After this install, I got 90 updates from Microsoft Update.
> > I have not got any messages that could indicate some problem with verifying
> > the validity of the Windows version, but after trying to install some 20
> > times, and going through all the six**** (16) different error messages that I
> > got, finding nothing wrong, I just don't know where to continue my search.
> > I have been going through all the error massages, running REGEDIT, regsvr32,
> > and updating Internet Explorer innumberable times. Emptying all the caches
> > as well.
> > Could it be something with the number of updates? I have tried to use the
> > "Advanced" tab when installing. No difference. Even if I allow only one
> > update at a time, no success! All the updates download correctly on my
> > computer, but they can not be installed.
> > --
> > GON

PA Bear

Re: Massive update
Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you repair a Windows XP
installation
[ignore the title]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Gunnar Z wrote:
> Dear All!
> I have currently installed a relatively old version of Windows XP in a
> portable computer, since I wanted to have a "professional" version instead
> of the "Home" version that I had before. I had it since long, used on a
> computer on which I managed to destroy the motherboard.
> After this install, I got 90 updates from Microsoft Update.
> I have not got any messages that could indicate some problem with
> verifying
> the validity of the Windows version, but after trying to install some 20
> times, and going through all the six**** (16) different error messages
> that
> I got, finding nothing wrong, I just don't know where to continue my
> search.
> I have been going through all the error massages, running REGEDIT,
> regsvr32,
> and updating Internet Explorer innumberable times. Emptying all the
> caches
> as well.
> Could it be something with the number of updates? I have tried to use
> the
> "Advanced" tab when installing. No difference. Even if I allow only one
> update at a time, no success! All the updates download correctly on my
> computer, but they can not be installed.

bob

RE: Massive update

"Gunnar Z" wrote:

> Dear All!
> I have currently installed a relatively old version of Windows XP in a
> portable computer, since I wanted to have a "professional" version instead of
> the "Home" version that I had before. I had it since long, used on a
> computer on which I managed to destroy the motherboard.
> After this install, I got 90 updates from Microsoft Update.
> I have not got any messages that could indicate some problem with verifying
> the validity of the Windows version, but after trying to install some 20
> times, and going through all the six**** (16) different error messages that I
> got, finding nothing wrong, I just don't know where to continue my search.
> I have been going through all the error massages, running REGEDIT, regsvr32,
> and updating Internet Explorer innumberable times. Emptying all the caches
> as well.
> Could it be something with the number of updates? I have tried to use the
> "Advanced" tab when installing. No difference. Even if I allow only one
> update at a time, no success! All the updates download correctly on my
> computer, but they can not be installed.
> --
> GON

bob

RE: Massive update
well dear microsoft i have recentlly had a copie of my xp pro. stolen it was
not a full copie it was an upgrade from win 98 .,., i crashed hard on vista
and tried to go back and put it on again (time 9999999999999) ,.,. so i tried
to go back and put xp pro. on and i got some weird errors i have never seen
in blu screan before ,..,and finnally it crashed and i could no longer use xp
por. ,.., i think someone that stole my xp copie has regestered it on their
computer ,.,., they are no longer my friend and i have a police report if u
need it .,.,,. i live in santa monica cal. ,.,., i really want my xp back
,.,., can i kill the person that stole it ,.,., that was my friend .., and
now acts like oh no its my copie of xp ,.., he took it to a shop and had them
regester it ...he acts dummmmmm,,.,.,. say i can kill him or i will no longer
be a happy custammer of microsoft ,..,lov, kjh p.s. i think he said his
his name was jon.