UPDATE WILL NOT INSTALL

Troy

UPDATE WILL NOT INSTALL
THE UPDATE Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows
Vista (KB942615) fails to install and the error 80070002 is received.
Ive tried all the help and support fixes including deleting the download
foldr,rrenaming thrr SD folder, Did a system scan it found corrupt files but
couldnt repair them can anyone help me?
PA Bear

Re: UPDATE WILL NOT INSTALL
Are you attempting to install it via Windows Update website or are you
getting this error when Automatic Updates tries to install it, Troy?

Can you download the update from the following link (save it to your
desktop, don't Run it), then install it manually by double-clicking on the
saved file?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1-BECB0E277341

Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot, AVG
Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before attempting
to install the update(s).

===============================

If still no joy...

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Are you attempting to install it via Windows Update website or are you
> getting this error when Automatic Updates tries to install it, Troy?
>
> Can you download the update from the following link (save it to your
> desktop, don't Run it), then install it manually by double-clicking on the
> saved file?
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1-BECB0E277341
>
> Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
> anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot, AVG
> Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before attempting
> to install the update(s).
>
> ===============================
>
> If still no joy...

> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net
>
> Troy wrote:
> > THE UPDATE Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows
> > Vista (KB942615) fails to install and the error 80070002 is received.
> > Ive tried all the help and support fixes including deleting the download
> > foldr,rrenaming thrr SD folder, Did a system scan it found corrupt files
> > but
> > couldnt repair them can anyone help me?

> no i tried that i do have a support request with windows update still no fix

check out this screen shot i have found the error log event number is
4385 <screen shot wont post here>
PA Bear

Re: UPDATE WILL NOT INSTALL
Troy wrote:
>>> THE UPDATE Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows
>>> Vista (KB942615) fails to install and the error 80070002 is received.
>>> Ive tried all the help and support fixes including deleting the download
>>> foldr,rrenaming thrr SD folder, Did a system scan it found corrupt files
>>> but
>>> couldnt repair them can anyone help me?

> "PA Bear" wrote:
>> Are you attempting to install it via Windows Update website or are you
>> getting this error when Automatic Updates tries to install it, Troy?
>>
>> Can you download the update from the following link (save it to your
>> desktop, don't Run it), then install it manually by double-clicking on
>> the
>> saved file?
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1-BECB0E277341
>>
>> Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
>> anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot, AVG
>> Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before
>> attempting
>> to install the update(s).
>>
>> ===============================
>>
>> If still no joy...

>> Support for Windows Update:

>> in
>> with
>> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
>> related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g.,
>> KB123456).
>>
>> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
>> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
>> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>>
>> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
>> through
>> your usual support contacts.
>> --
>> no i tried that i do have a support request with windows update still no
>> fix
>> check out this screen shot i have found the error log event number is
>> 4385 <screen shot wont post here>

[You can't insert or attach a file using the web interface; You could post a
link to the screenshot, however.]

You have plenty of company, it seems:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...0002+%2B+vista

Follow-up on your support request.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

SDNATUV

Re: UPDATE WILL NOT INSTALL

"PA Bear" wrote:

> > "PA Bear" wrote:
> >> Are you attempting to install it via Windows Update website or are you
> >> getting this error when Automatic Updates tries to install it, Troy?
> >>
> >> Can you download the update from the following link (save it to your
> >> desktop, don't Run it), then install it manually by double-clicking on
> >> the
> >> saved file?
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1-BECB0E277341
> >>
> >> Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
> >> anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot, AVG
> >> Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before
> >> attempting
> >> to install the update(s).
> >>
> >> ===============================
> >>
> >> If still no joy...
> >>
> >> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
> >> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
> >>
> >> Support for Windows Update:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
> >>
> >> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
> >> in
> >> the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> >> subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated
> >> with
> >> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
> >> related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g.,
> >> KB123456).
> >>
> >> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
> >> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
> >> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
> >>
> >> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
> >> through
> >> your usual support contacts.
> >> --
> >> no i tried that i do have a support request with windows update still no
> >> fix
> >> check out this screen shot i have found the error log event number is
> >> 4385 <screen shot wont post here>

> [You can't insert or attach a file using the web interface; You could post a
> link to the screenshot, however.]
>
> You have plenty of company, it seems:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...0002+%2B+vista
>
> Follow-up on your support request.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> MY PROBLEM IS IT INSTALLED THE FIRST TIME AND KEEPS TRYING TO REINSTALL AND THEN I GET THE ERRORE SDNATUV@HOTMAIL.COMMASAGE

TaurArian

Re: UPDATE WILL NOT INSTALL

"SDNATUV" <SDNATUV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

| > MY PROBLEM IS IT INSTALLED THE FIRST TIME AND KEEPS TRYING TO REINSTALL AND THEN I
GET THE ERRORE SDNATUV@HOTMAIL.COMMASAGE

SDNATUV, please start your own thread detailing what your problem is, what operating
system etc. if you want assistance.
On the other hand, if you're making a statement and don't require assistance, then there
is nothing further to do.

Thank you.

--
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia