Vista Software Compatibility Update June 2007

Alex

Vista Software Compatibility Update June 2007
Hello, i have just installed Dungeon Siege on my computer. Too my horror it
doesnt work on vista. So i did some research and found out that i had to
install this compatability update, i downloaded the correct installer (x86)
tried to run it and it says THIS UPDATE DOES NOT APPLY TO YOUR SYSTEM and it
is really annoying me.

Thanks in advance
Alex
PA Bear

Re: Vista Software Compatibility Update June 2007
One assumes the machine is fully patched at Windows Update, yes?

The error message is telling you that a later compatibility update is
already installed. That update supersedes and includes the fixes in the one
that you're trying to install. In short, no currently available
compatibility update will resolve your problem.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Alex wrote:
> Hello, i have just installed Dungeon Siege on my computer. Too my horror
> it
> doesnt work on vista. So i did some research and found out that i had to
> install this compatability update, i downloaded the correct installer
> (x86)
> tried to run it and it says THIS UPDATE DOES NOT APPLY TO YOUR SYSTEM and
> it
> is really annoying me.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Alex

Alex

Re: Vista Software Compatibility Update June 2007
My computer is fully patched with Windows Update.

Thanks very much for helping.
Alex

"PA Bear" wrote:

> One assumes the machine is fully patched at Windows Update, yes?
>
> The error message is telling you that a later compatibility update is
> already installed. That update supersedes and includes the fixes in the one
> that you're trying to install. In short, no currently available
> compatibility update will resolve your problem.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Alex wrote:
> > Hello, i have just installed Dungeon Siege on my computer. Too my horror
> > it
> > doesnt work on vista. So i did some research and found out that i had to
> > install this compatability update, i downloaded the correct installer
> > (x86)
> > tried to run it and it says THIS UPDATE DOES NOT APPLY TO YOUR SYSTEM and
> > it
> > is really annoying me.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Alex

antioch

"Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, i have just installed Dungeon Siege on my computer. Too my horror
> it
> doesnt work on vista. So i did some research and found out that i had to
> install this compatability update, i downloaded the correct installer
> (x86)
> tried to run it and it says THIS UPDATE DOES NOT APPLY TO YOUR SYSTEM and
> it
> is really annoying me.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Alex

As you are using the web interface discussion group, had you thought to post
here, as you seem to be a gamer, and your post seemed to have no connection
with 'updates'.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US

Antioch

PA Bear

Re: Vista Software Compatibility Update June 2007
cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...rt=0&scoring=d
--
~PA Bear