Windows Office XP Service Pack 3

Tuckerman

Windows Office XP Service Pack 3
When i try to download and install this update it tells me the feature i am
am trying to use is on a Cd that is not available. This makes me weary as
none of my updates need a cd. It says to insert the "Microsoft Office XP
Professional with Front Page" disk. Is this something that maybe i do not
need? I do not have XP professional I have the XP home version. How can i
skip this update without it continuing to tell me to update my system?
PA Bear

Re: Windows Office XP Service Pack 3
Insert the CD.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Tuckerman wrote:
> When i try to download and install this update it tells me the feature i
> am
> am trying to use is on a Cd that is not available. This makes me weary as
> none of my updates need a cd. It says to insert the "Microsoft Office XP
> Professional with Front Page" disk. Is this something that maybe i do not
> need? I do not have XP professional I have the XP home version. How can i
> skip this update without it continuing to tell me to update my system?

Shenan Stanley

Tuckerman wrote:
> When i try to download and install this update it tells me the
> feature i am am trying to use is on a Cd that is not available.
> This makes me weary as none of my updates need a cd. It says to
> insert the "Microsoft Office XP Professional with Front Page" disk.
> Is this something that maybe i do not need? I do not have XP
> professional I have the XP home version. How can i skip this update
> without it continuing to tell me to update my system?

It has nothing to do with "Windows".

Take that word out, read CAREFULLY what you are getting and I bet it says:
"Microsoft Office XP" (nothing about Windows in it.)

Think Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc...

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Shenan Stanley

Tuckerman wrote:
> You are correct, it is not "windows". It is Microsoft Office XP.
> Do I need the update? If not how can I skip it so my computer
> does not keep telling me I need it?

You should have it installed in my opinion. (Meaning you should install
it.)

I take it from your response you do not have the original installation media
for your computer and/or for Word XP (2002)?

Tried getting the stand-alone installer?

Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)

Released way back on 3/30/2004. What I suggest is that you download from
the above link the "OfficeXpSp3-kb832671-fullfile-enu.exe" file and save it
to your desktop. (57.5MB - not 16MB!) Try running it.

(It states, on that page, "OfficeXpSp3-kb832671-fullfile-enu.exe: Download
this file if you do not have access to your installation source...")

Please keep future replies *in the newsgroups* so it may benefit those who
search before they ask questions. ;-)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP