Error Message 0x80242006 when installing KB942615

jodym1uk

Error Message 0x80242006 when installing KB942615
I check for updates regularly which normally get installed without any
hitches but this one (KB942615) is being a pain. Everytime I try to instal it
it comes up with the error code=0x80242006.
Can anyone tell me why this is and what I can do about it?
Is this update something I need or will it be OK to ignore it?
I wouldn't mind but I don't manually pick the updates Microsoft are telling
me I need it!!!!
Please Help.
Thanks
Jodym1uk
PA Bear

Re: Error Message 0x80242006 when installing KB942615
Windows version? IE version? [Lemme guess: Vista & IE7]
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

jodym1uk wrote:
> I check for updates regularly which normally get installed without any
> hitches but this one (KB942615) is being a pain. Everytime I try to instal
> it it comes up with the error code=0x80242006.
> Can anyone tell me why this is and what I can do about it?
> Is this update something I need or will it be OK to ignore it?
> I wouldn't mind but I don't manually pick the updates Microsoft are
> telling
> me I need it!!!!
> Please Help.
> Thanks
> Jodym1uk

jodym1uk

Re: Error Message 0x80242006 when installing KB942615
Windows XP
Sorry but I have no idea what IE Version means let alone what it is??

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Windows version? IE version? [Lemme guess: Vista & IE7]
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> jodym1uk wrote:
> > I check for updates regularly which normally get installed without any
> > hitches but this one (KB942615) is being a pain. Everytime I try to instal
> > it it comes up with the error code=0x80242006.
> > Can anyone tell me why this is and what I can do about it?
> > Is this update something I need or will it be OK to ignore it?
> > I wouldn't mind but I don't manually pick the updates Microsoft are
> > telling
> > me I need it!!!!
> > Please Help.
> > Thanks
> > Jodym1uk

jodym1uk

Re: Error Message 0x80242006 when installing KB942615
Windows XP.
Sorry but I have no idea what IE version means let alone what it is??
I am somewhat computer iliterate

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Windows version? IE version? [Lemme guess: Vista & IE7]
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> jodym1uk wrote:
> > I check for updates regularly which normally get installed without any
> > hitches but this one (KB942615) is being a pain. Everytime I try to instal
> > it it comes up with the error code=0x80242006.
> > Can anyone tell me why this is and what I can do about it?
> > Is this update something I need or will it be OK to ignore it?
> > I wouldn't mind but I don't manually pick the updates Microsoft are
> > telling
> > me I need it!!!!
> > Please Help.
> > Thanks
> > Jodym1uk

PA Bear

Re: Error Message 0x80242006 when installing KB942615
IE = Internet Explorer

Also tell me if Automatic Updates is encountering this problem or if you are
when attempting to update at Windows Update website?
--
~PA Bear

jodym1uk wrote:
> Windows XP.
> Sorry but I have no idea what IE version means let alone what it is??
> I am somewhat computer iliterate
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> Windows version? IE version? [Lemme guess: Vista & IE7]
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> jodym1uk wrote:
>>> I check for updates regularly which normally get installed without any
>>> hitches but this one (KB942615) is being a pain. Everytime I try to
>>> instal
>>> it it comes up with the error code=0x80242006.
>>> Can anyone tell me why this is and what I can do about it?
>>> Is this update something I need or will it be OK to ignore it?
>>> I wouldn't mind but I don't manually pick the updates Microsoft are
>>> telling
>>> me I need it!!!!
>>> Please Help.
>>> Thanks
>>> Jodym1uk

jodym1uk

Re: Error Message 0x80242006 when installing KB942615
It's IE Version 7. The problem only occurs when updateing from the windows
update website. As far as I am aware I have no issues with automatic updates
"PA Bear" wrote:

> IE = Internet Explorer
>
> Also tell me if Automatic Updates is encountering this problem or if you are
> when attempting to update at Windows Update website?
> --
> ~PA Bear
>

> jodym1uk wrote:
> > Windows XP.
> > Sorry but I have no idea what IE version means let alone what it is??
> > I am somewhat computer iliterate
> >
> > "PA Bear" wrote:
> >
> >> Windows version? IE version? [Lemme guess: Vista & IE7]
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> >> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

PA Bear

Re: Error Message 0x80242006 when installing KB942615
Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Make sure the "Show Updates" box is
checked at top-right | Scroll down | Is "Security Update for Windows
Internet Explorer 7 (KB942615)" listed here?

Now scroll down further | What is the last entry similar to "Security Update
for Windows XP (KB123456)" and what was the install date?
--
~PA Bear

jodym1uk wrote:
> It's IE Version 7. The problem only occurs when updateing from the windows
> update website. As far as I am aware I have no issues with automatic
> updates
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> IE = Internet Explorer
>>
>> Also tell me if Automatic Updates is encountering this problem or if you
>> are when attempting to update at Windows Update website?
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>

>> jodym1uk wrote:
>>> Windows XP.
>>> Sorry but I have no idea what IE version means let alone what it is??
>>> I am somewhat computer iliterate

jodym1uk

Re: Error Message 0x80242006 when installing KB942615
KB942615 is there. It says it was installed on 12/12/2007.
KB123456 is not there.
So am I correct in assuming the KB942615 wouldn't install because it was
already there?
And do I need KB123456?

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Make sure the "Show Updates" box is
> checked at top-right | Scroll down | Is "Security Update for Windows
> Internet Explorer 7 (KB942615)" listed here?
>
> Now scroll down further | What is the last entry similar to "Security Update
> for Windows XP (KB123456)" and what was the install date?
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> jodym1uk wrote:
> > It's IE Version 7. The problem only occurs when updateing from the windows
> > update website. As far as I am aware I have no issues with automatic
> > updates
> > "PA Bear" wrote:
> >
> >> IE = Internet Explorer
> >>
> >> Also tell me if Automatic Updates is encountering this problem or if you
> >> are when attempting to update at Windows Update website?
> >> --
> >> ~PA Bear

purplepaisley

Re: Error Message 0x80242006 when installing KB942615
I am getting this error code also thru Automatic Update - It tells me I am
missing this, then tries to download/install, that the installation has
failed...BUT control panel shows it is already there. My last KB install
was on 10/10/07 for KB939653
I amwondering if the problem is with Microsoft's Updater, or that an msi is
corrupted - not my computer. I have no idea if I am protected by this
"update" or not. Is it really installed or not?? ?More Microsoft Magic
Illusion!I dont know...I do know I am sick to death of these security update
problems.
Any guidance to fix the fix is much appreciated!
Thanks and may 2008 bring less trouble with Microsoft products or a coup by
Linux!
purplepaisley

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Make sure the "Show Updates" box is
> checked at top-right | Scroll down | Is "Security Update for Windows
> Internet Explorer 7 (KB942615)" listed here?
>
> Now scroll down further | What is the last entry similar to "Security Update
> for Windows XP (KB123456)" and what was the install date?
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> jodym1uk wrote:
> > It's IE Version 7. The problem only occurs when updateing from the windows
> > update website. As far as I am aware I have no issues with automatic
> > updates
> > "PA Bear" wrote:
> >
> >> IE = Internet Explorer
> >>
> >> Also tell me if Automatic Updates is encountering this problem or if you
> >> are when attempting to update at Windows Update website?
> >> --
> >> ~PA Bear

purplepaisley

RE: Error Message 0x80242006 when installing KB942615
In searching thru posts I found Marc Liron posted a link for an excellent
page that I _think_ has helped me (more will be revealed) While waiting for
other solution replies you might check it out...it is
http://www.updatexp.com/kb913446.html

I will post if after signing out, installing restarting etc I have found it
worked.
cheerio
purplepaisley