Error Code: 0x800B0001 when trying to update windows installer 3.

Robot_71

Error Code: 0x800B0001 when trying to update windows installer 3.
I followed all the instructions on the windows support page, including
renaming Edb.log and catroot2 folder, reregistering the .dlls, and dumping
the software distribution folder. This problem started after I performed and
In Place upgrade to repair my system after installing a new motherboard.
Engel

RE: Error Code: 0x800B0001 when trying to update windows installer 3.
When searching for available updates on the Update site, you receive the
0x800B0001 error.
http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/showarticle.aspx?articleid=34&ln=en>

You cannot install some updates or programs
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

Good luck
- -- ---

"Robot_71" wrote:

> I followed all the instructions on the windows support page, including
> renaming Edb.log and catroot2 folder, reregistering the .dlls, and dumping
> the software distribution folder. This problem started after I performed and
> In Place upgrade to repair my system after installing a new motherboard.

TaurArian

Re: Error Code: 0x800B0001 when trying to update windows installer 3.
To add to Engel's posting -

0x800B0001 - -2146762751
Trust_E_Provider_Unknown

Check that automatic updating of trusted root authority certificates is turned on
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true

1. In Control Panel, open Add or Remove Programs
2. Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
3. Select the Update Root Certificates check box.
4. Click Next, and then click Finish.

Note
.. To open Add/Remove Windows Components, click Start, click Control Panel, click Add or
Remove Programs, and then click Add/Remove Windows Components.

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"Robot_71" <Robot_71@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I followed all the instructions on the windows support page, including
| renaming Edb.log and catroot2 folder, reregistering the .dlls, and dumping
| the software distribution folder. This problem started after I performed and
| In Place upgrade to repair my system after installing a new motherboard.

PA Bear

Re: Error Code: 0x800B0001 when trying to update windows installer 3.
WIndows version?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Robot_71 wrote:
> I followed all the instructions on the windows support page, including
> renaming Edb.log and catroot2 folder, reregistering the .dlls, and dumping
> the software distribution folder. This problem started after I performed
> and In Place upgrade to repair my system after installing a new
> motherboard.

Robot_71

Re: Error Code: 0x800B0001 when trying to update windows installe
Windows XP Pro

"PA Bear" wrote:

> WIndows version?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Robot_71 wrote:
> > I followed all the instructions on the windows support page, including
> > renaming Edb.log and catroot2 folder, reregistering the .dlls, and dumping
> > the software distribution folder. This problem started after I performed
> > and In Place upgrade to repair my system after installing a new
> > motherboard.

PA Bear

Re: Error Code: 0x800B0001 when trying to update windows installe
See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144 (ignore the title if
inapplicable); if still no joy, see
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...cleid=34&ln=en