hp photosmart c3100

jon

hp photosmart c3100
I cant get my scanner to work on this vista, i have searched and cant seem to
find the answer.
TaurArian

Re: hp photosmart c3100
Try the manufacturer's site for Vista drivers.

BTW - this NG deals with WU issues (or I should say, attempts to)

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"jon" <jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I cant get my scanner to work on this vista, i have searched and cant seem to
| find the answer.

PA Bear

Re: hp photosmart c3100
X-post to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan

Vista-specific newsgroups include:

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unt
microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

jon wrote:
> I cant get my scanner to work on this vista, i have searched and cant seem
> to find the answer.

JP

Re: hp photosmart c3100
I found the same problem with the scan button on two different models of
Photosmat: C4385 and C4280 After spending 5 hours with HP technicians
(uninstalling and re-installing HP software from the respective CDs, and also
from the "fresh" softwares on HP Photosmart drives for Vista) I concluded
that there is a conflict between Vista and HP drives or/and between my
Toshiba PC Tablet, Vista Ultimate, 4Gb RAM. It should not because the printer
carry the logo "Vista Certified". You can check HP statement about this
problem (that should not be happening if printers are "Vista Certified",
right ? HP Scan problem website :
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...ncodeUrl=true&

Any other info on that? Thank you
JP
"PA Bear" wrote:

> X-post to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
>
> Vista-specific newsgroups include:
>
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unt
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> jon wrote:
> > I cant get my scanner to work on this vista, i have searched and cant seem
> > to find the answer.

TaurArian

Re: hp photosmart c3100
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933305 - for applications
and
http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/ for hardware
More particularly :
http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/Pro...ries&oid=31and for the C3100 serieshttp://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/ProductDetails.aspx?m=v&g=d&cid=900&sv=&f=86p&pn=H P%20Photosmart%20C3100%20series&oid=31In theory it should work but parts of it may not work.--====================================TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia====================================How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/5553...ndex.htmEmails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit."JP" <JP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messagenews:BC41EF46-A22F-4362-BD8A-5A9D11CB81E7@microsoft.com...|I found the same problem with the scan button on two different models of| Photosmat: C4385 and C4280 After spending 5 hours with HP technicians| (uninstalling and re-installing HP software from the respective CDs, and also| from the "fresh" softwares on HP Photosmart drives for Vista) I concluded| that there is a conflict between Vista and HP drives or/and between my| Toshiba PC Tablet, Vista Ultimate, 4Gb RAM. It should not because the printer| carry the logo "Vista Certified". You can check HP statement about this| problem (that should not be happening if printers are "Vista Certified",| right ? HP Scan problem website :|http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00809848&dlc= en&printable=no&encodeUrl=true&|| Any other info on that? Thank you| JP| "PA Bear" wrote:|| > X-post to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan| >| > Vista-specific newsgroups include:| >| > microsoft.public.windows.vista.general| > microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unt| > microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices| > microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup| > microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail| > microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing| > microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance| > microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan| > microsoft.public.windows.vista.security| > --| > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)| > MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)| > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net| > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/| >| >| > jon wrote:| > > I cant get my scanner to work on this vista, i have searched and cant seem| > > to find the answer.| >| >

PA Bear

Re: hp photosmart c3100
[[Nice formatting! If you figure out why that happened, help out the OP in
this thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...9b130a520b7d51 ]
]

TaurArian wrote:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933305 - for applications
> and
> http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/ for hardware
> More particularly :
> http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/Pro...ries&oid=31and
> for the C3100
> serieshttp://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/ProductDetails.aspx?m=v&g=d&cid=900&sv=&f=86p&pn=H P%20Photosmart%20C3100%20series&oid=31In
> theory it should work but parts of it may not
> work.--====================================TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 -
> Australia====================================How to ask a question:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/5553...ndex.htmEmails
> will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may
> benefit."JP" <JP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> messagenews:BC41EF46-A22F-4362-BD8A-5A9D11CB81E7@microsoft.com...|I found
> the same problem with the scan button on two different models of|
> Photosmat: C4385 and C4280 After spending 5 hours with HP technicians|
> (uninstalling and re-installing HP software from the respective CDs, and
> also| from the "fresh" softwares on HP Photosmart drives for Vista) I
> concluded| that there is a conflict between Vista and HP drives or/and
> between my| Toshiba PC Tablet, Vista Ultimate, 4Gb RAM. It should not
> because the printer| carry the logo "Vista Certified". You can check HP
> statement about this| problem (that should not be happening if printers
> are
> "Vista Certified",| right ? HP Scan problem website
> :|http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00809848&dlc= en&printable=no&encodeUrl=true&||
> Any other info on that? Thank you| JP| "PA Bear" wrote:|| > X-post to
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan| >| > Vista-specific
> newsgroups include:| >| > microsoft.public.windows.vista.general| >
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unt| >
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices| >
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup| >
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail| >
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing| >
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance| >
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan| >
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.security| > --| > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)| >
> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)| > AumHa VSOP & Admin
> http://aumha.net| > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/| >| >| > jon wrote:| > > I
> cant
> get my scanner to work on this vista, i have searched and cant seem| > >
> find the answer.| >| >

PA Bear

Re: hp photosmart c3100
Bingo! Thanks for this, JP.

JP wrote:
> I found the same problem with the scan button on two different models of
> Photosmat: C4385 and C4280 After spending 5 hours with HP technicians
> (uninstalling and re-installing HP software from the respective CDs, and
> also from the "fresh" softwares on HP Photosmart drives for Vista) I
> concluded that there is a conflict between Vista and HP drives or/and
> between my Toshiba PC Tablet, Vista Ultimate, 4Gb RAM. It should not
> because the printer carry the logo "Vista Certified". You can check HP
> statement about this problem (that should not be happening if printers are
> "Vista Certified", right ? HP Scan problem website :
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...ncodeUrl=true&
>
> Any other info on that? Thank you
> JP
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> X-post to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
>>
>> Vista-specific newsgroups include:
>>
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unt
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>

>> jon wrote:
>>> I cant get my scanner to work on this vista, i have searched and cant
>>> seem
>>> to find the answer.

TaurArian

Re: hp photosmart c3100
I have no idea what happened with the formatting unfortunately and I'm using OE! See if
this is better.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933305 - for applications
and
http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/ for hardware
More particularly :
http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/Pro...0series&oid=31
and for the C3100 series

| [[Nice formatting! If you figure out why that happened, help out the OP in
| this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...9b130a520b7d51 ]
| ]
|
| TaurArian wrote:
| > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933305 - for applications
| > and
| > http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/ for hardware
| > More particularly :

http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/Pro...ries&oid=31and
| > for the C3100

serieshttp://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/ProductDetails.aspx?m=v&g=d&cid=900&sv=&f=86p&pn=H P%20Photosmart%20C3100%20series&oid=31In
| > theory it should work but parts of it may not
| > work.--====================================TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 -
| > Australia====================================How to ask a question:
| > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/5553...ndex.htmEmails
| > will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may
| > benefit."JP" <JP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
| > messagenews:BC41EF46-A22F-4362-BD8A-5A9D11CB81E7@microsoft.com...|I found
| > the same problem with the scan button on two different models of|
| > Photosmat: C4385 and C4280 After spending 5 hours with HP technicians|
| > (uninstalling and re-installing HP software from the respective CDs, and
| > also| from the "fresh" softwares on HP Photosmart drives for Vista) I
| > concluded| that there is a conflict between Vista and HP drives or/and
| > between my| Toshiba PC Tablet, Vista Ultimate, 4Gb RAM. It should not
| > because the printer| carry the logo "Vista Certified". You can check HP
| > statement about this| problem (that should not be happening if printers
| > are
| > "Vista Certified",| right ? HP Scan problem website

:|http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00809848&dlc= en&printable=no&encodeUrl=true&||
| > Any other info on that? Thank you| JP| "PA Bear" wrote:|| > X-post to
| > microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan| >| > Vista-specific
| > newsgroups include:| >| > microsoft.public.windows.vista.general| >
| > microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unt| >
| > microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices| >
| > microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup| >
| > microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail| >
| > microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing| >
| > microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance| >
| > microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan| >
| > microsoft.public.windows.vista.security| > --| > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)| >
| > MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)| > AumHa VSOP & Admin
| > http://aumha.net| > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/| >| >| > jon wrote:| > > I
| > cant
| > get my scanner to work on this vista, i have searched and cant seem| > >
| > find the answer.| >| >

PA Bear

Re: hp photosmart c3100
[Dunno what happened earlier. Some server somewhere (e.g., on a server farm
outside of Redmond) must have been having a brief case of /agita/.]

TaurArian wrote:
> [...]

>>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan| >| > Vista-specific
>>> newsgroups include:| >| > microsoft.public.windows.vista.general| >
>>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unt| >
>>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices| >
>>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup| >
>>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail| >
>>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing| >
>>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance| >
>>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan| >
>>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.security| > --| > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)|
>>> >
>>> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)| > AumHa VSOP & Admin
>>> http://aumha.net| > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/| >| >| > jon wrote:| > > I
>>> cant
>>> get my scanner to work on this vista, i have searched and cant seem| > >

TaurArian

Re: hp photosmart c3100
Just wondering if it could have been copying and pasting between websites and OE. When
copying and pasting, it retains the format whilst you're writing the email, then when it
sends in plain text, it goes out of format? That's my explanation anyway.