Update error "C80003FA"

Wupster

Update error "C80003FA"
Hey everyone.

I'm Encountering problems with (Suprise Suprise!!) Windows Vista.

Update won't even get me a list of files to download. I click on search for
updates and all i get is "windows could not search for new updates" and the
error code C80003FA.

this is REALLY frustrating as this computer system was supposed to be a good
gift for christmas. so much for that huh?

any advice would be great appreciated.

thanks all. =]
--
"If 95 were as bad as Vista - We''d all be speaking mac right now"
TaurArian

Re: Update error "C80003FA"
All I have to offer is - Start a free Windows Update support incident request:

Please post back the result of the support request as it does help others with the same
frustration.

====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
====================================
http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

"Wupster" <Wupster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hey everyone.
|
| I'm Encountering problems with (Suprise Suprise!!) Windows Vista.
|
| Update won't even get me a list of files to download. I click on search for
| updates and all i get is "windows could not search for new updates" and the
| error code C80003FA.
|
| this is REALLY frustrating as this computer system was supposed to be a good
| gift for christmas. so much for that huh?
|
| any advice would be great appreciated.
|
| thanks all. =]
| --
| "If 95 were as bad as Vista - We''d all be speaking mac right now"

Wupster

Re: Update error "C80003FA"
Thanks for the reply. Good suggestion if it weren't for Vista being.....Vista

Crashes when i try to open a request form....And i don't have much faith in
microsoft support anyway.

I think i'll just go back to XP for now...Maybe go back to vista when it's
first service pack is released.
--

"TaurArian" wrote:

> All I have to offer is - Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
>
> Please post back the result of the support request as it does help others with the same
> frustration.

> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "Wupster" <Wupster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Hey everyone.
> |
> | I'm Encountering problems with (Suprise Suprise!!) Windows Vista.
> |
> | Update won't even get me a list of files to download. I click on search for
> | updates and all i get is "windows could not search for new updates" and the
> | error code C80003FA.
> |
> | this is REALLY frustrating as this computer system was supposed to be a good
> | gift for christmas. so much for that huh?
> |
> | any advice would be great appreciated.
> |
> | thanks all. =]
> | --
> | "If 95 were as bad as Vista - We''d all be speaking mac right now"

TaurArian

Re: Update error "C80003FA"
I have Vista on a laptop - yes it can be frustrating.

====================================

| Thanks for the reply. Good suggestion if it weren't for Vista being.....Vista
|
| Crashes when i try to open a request form....And i don't have much faith in
| microsoft support anyway.
|
| I think i'll just go back to XP for now...Maybe go back to vista when it's
| first service pack is released.
| --
| "If 95 were as bad as Vista - We'd all be speaking mac right now"
|

| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > All I have to offer is - Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
| > https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
| >
| > Please post back the result of the support request as it does help others with the
same
| > frustration.
| >
| > --
| > ====================================
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
| > ====================================
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
| > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
| >

| > "Wupster" <Wupster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | Hey everyone.
| > |
| > | I'm Encountering problems with (Suprise Suprise!!) Windows Vista.
| > |
| > | Update won't even get me a list of files to download. I click on search for
| > | updates and all i get is "windows could not search for new updates" and the
| > | error code C80003FA.
| > |