Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Same update promt, KB936181

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-27-2007
Anetten
 

Posts: n/a
Same update promt, KB936181
I've been getting the same update prompt for 3 months now. It's a security
update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181).
When I install it, it always says sucsessfull, but keeps coming back the
minute I click "OK". The update log shows that I've installed it over and
over again, but when I try to remove it in the add/remove section, it's not
there.
How can I fix this?

I have Windows Vista 32-bit.

Please help me, and please BE SPECIFIC and give me a step-by-step
explanation, cause I don't know alot about this stuff.

A.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-28-2007
PA Bear
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Same update promt, KB936181
Cut to the chase and...

Start a free Windows Update support incident request
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527

[...then maybe MS might get a clue that so many Vista users are having
problems installing 936181 and other updates]

Support for Windows Update:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport

For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in
the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with
security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available through
your usual support contacts.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

Anetten wrote:
> I've been getting the same update prompt for 3 months now. It's a security
> update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181).
> When I install it, it always says sucsessfull, but keeps coming back the
> minute I click "OK". The update log shows that I've installed it over and
> over again, but when I try to remove it in the add/remove section, it's
> not
> there.
> How can I fix this?
>
> I have Windows Vista 32-bit.
>
> Please help me, and please BE SPECIFIC and give me a step-by-step
> explanation, cause I don't know alot about this stuff.
>
> A.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2008
Virginia
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Same update promt, KB936181
I contacted Microsoft and they wrote back and gave me step by step
instructions how to stop it. I had to delete the original core and
reinstall. Very simple instructions. I printed what they sent and in a
matter of minutes it was lall fixed and I have not had it reoccur in over a
week now.

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Cut to the chase and...
>
> Start a free Windows Update support incident request
> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
>
> [...then maybe MS might get a clue that so many Vista users are having
> problems installing 936181 and other updates]
>
> Support for Windows Update:
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
>
> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in
> the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with
> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).
>
> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>
> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available through
> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org
>
> Anetten wrote:
> > I've been getting the same update prompt for 3 months now. It's a security
> > update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181).
> > When I install it, it always says sucsessfull, but keeps coming back the
> > minute I click "OK". The update log shows that I've installed it over and
> > over again, but when I try to remove it in the add/remove section, it's
> > not
> > there.
> > How can I fix this?
> >
> > I have Windows Vista 32-bit.
> >
> > Please help me, and please BE SPECIFIC and give me a step-by-step
> > explanation, cause I don't know alot about this stuff.
> >
> > A.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2008
xdemon
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Same update promt, KB936181
What are those steps?

"Virginia" wrote:

> I contacted Microsoft and they wrote back and gave me step by step
> instructions how to stop it. I had to delete the original core and
> reinstall. Very simple instructions. I printed what they sent and in a
> matter of minutes it was lall fixed and I have not had it reoccur in over a
> week now.
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
> > Cut to the chase and...
> >
> > Start a free Windows Update support incident request
> > https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
> >
> > [...then maybe MS might get a clue that so many Vista users are having
> > problems installing 936181 and other updates]
> >
> > Support for Windows Update:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
> >
> > For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in
> > the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> > subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with
> > security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> > to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).
> >
> > For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
> > for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
> > site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
> >
> > For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available through
> > your usual support contacts.
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org
> >
> > Anetten wrote:
> > > I've been getting the same update prompt for 3 months now. It's a security
> > > update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181).
> > > When I install it, it always says sucsessfull, but keeps coming back the
> > > minute I click "OK". The update log shows that I've installed it over and
> > > over again, but when I try to remove it in the add/remove section, it's
> > > not
> > > there.
> > > How can I fix this?
> > >
> > > I have Windows Vista 32-bit.
> > >
> > > Please help me, and please BE SPECIFIC and give me a step-by-step
> > > explanation, cause I don't know alot about this stuff.
> > >
> > > A.

> >
> >

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KB936181 Update Sheild won't go away denmarfl microsoft.public.windowsupdate 19 02-06-2008 16:34
Windows Update KB936181 will not install mdkw microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 01-29-2008 00:41
Vista Update (KB936181) keeps reinstalling Mannie G microsoft.public.windowsupdate 5 11-27-2007 05:09
Security Update KB936181 Say's Installed ? downmaine microsoft.public.windowsupdate 11 11-19-2007 02:23
Security update KB936181 coming back PeterÖ microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 3 11-01-2007 02:37




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:14.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120