Excel

confused

Excel
Since the problem started with my updates (which incidentally have now
ceased) I haven't been able to get on to Excel everything else in Office
works just not excel - keeps asking me for Front Page disk which I don't
have? please help this is very annoying
PA Bear

Re: Excel
Please stick to your original thread ("Update problem") or see assistance in
an Excel-specific newsgroup.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

confused wrote:
> Since the problem started with my updates (which incidentally have now
> ceased) I haven't been able to get on to Excel everything else in Office
> works just not excel - keeps asking me for Front Page disk which I don't
> have? please help this is very annoying

confused

Re: Excel
Surely to help would be better than to criticise me for posting in the
"wrong" place I am new to this and getting a bit fed up with getting no help
with my Excel dilemma

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Please stick to your original thread ("Update problem") or see assistance in
> an Excel-specific newsgroup.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> confused wrote:
> > Since the problem started with my updates (which incidentally have now
> > ceased) I haven't been able to get on to Excel everything else in Office
> > works just not excel - keeps asking me for Front Page disk which I don't
> > have? please help this is very annoying

Leonard Agoado

Re: Excel

"confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote -

> Surely to help would be better than to criticise me for posting
> in the
> "wrong" place I am new to this and getting a bit fed up with
> getting no help
> with my Excel dilemma

Confused,

I think what PA Bear is telling you is that you won't get
help with incomplete information in a new thread when you have
yet to answer the questions about your updates from your old
thread. It's a bit unreasonable to expect those trying to help
you to linger around your old messages while you start a new
train of inquiry elsewhere.

As for your being "fed up" - with what are you fed up? You
asked a question, PA Bear asked for more information, you never
answered. I've seen some sharp people give insightful answers,
but I've yet to see evidence of clairvoyance....

Len Agoado
agoado@msn.com

PA Bear

Re: Excel
Well, I'm getting fed up with telling you that your best help would be found
in an Office-specific newsgroup, so there!

confused wrote:
> Surely to help would be better than to criticise me for posting in the
> "wrong" place I am new to this and getting a bit fed up with getting no
> help
> with my Excel dilemma
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>> Please stick to your original thread ("Update problem") or see assistance
>> in an Excel-specific newsgroup.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> confused wrote:
>>> Since the problem started with my updates (which incidentally have now
>>> ceased) I haven't been able to get on to Excel everything else in Office
>>> works just not excel - keeps asking me for Front Page disk which I don't
>>> have? please help this is very annoying

Wm.

Re: Excel
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:47:03 -0800, confused
<confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Surely to help would be better than to criticise me for posting in the
>"wrong" place I am new to this and getting a bit fed up with getting no help
>with my Excel dilemma
>
>"PA Bear" wrote:

He can't help it. It's part of the oath the MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE,
Security, Shell/User) take.

Just ignore him.