Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool and Service Pack 2

Cathryn

Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool and Service Pack 2
I recently got a new iPod that said it needed service pack 2 to work. But my
computer has service pack 1 so as I was trying to download service pack 2 my
computer decided that I did not have the Windows Genuine Advantage Validation
Tool everytime I try to download it it says that it has failed. I tried the
diagnostic at www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag, but i fail the last three parts
about activex (windows activex loaded, Office validation ActiveX loaded, and
Validation Self-help ActiveX loaded) I am pretty sure I also have disabled
my spyware as well. If anyone has any ideas on how to help me that would be
great!
Engel

RE: Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool and Service Pack 2
This is not the forum for WGA issues, Cathryn. Try here:

Windows XP Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Windows XP)
<http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=442&SiteID=25>

Good luck
- -- ---

"Cathryn" wrote:

> I recently got a new iPod that said it needed service pack 2 to work. But my
> computer has service pack 1 so as I was trying to download service pack 2 my
> computer decided that I did not have the Windows Genuine Advantage Validation
> Tool everytime I try to download it it says that it has failed. I tried the
> diagnostic at www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag, but i fail the last three parts
> about activex (windows activex loaded, Office validation ActiveX loaded, and
> Validation Self-help ActiveX loaded) I am pretty sure I also have disabled
> my spyware as well. If anyone has any ideas on how to help me that would be
> great!

Cathryn

RE: Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool and Service Pack 2
that seemed like it would work except for the fact that it says my activex
controls are not correct...any ideas on how to fix this?

"Engel" wrote:

> This is not the forum for WGA issues, Cathryn. Try here:
>
> Windows XP Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Windows XP)
> <http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=442&SiteID=25>
>
> Good luck
> - -- ---
>
> "Cathryn" wrote:
>
> > I recently got a new iPod that said it needed service pack 2 to work. But my
> > computer has service pack 1 so as I was trying to download service pack 2 my
> > computer decided that I did not have the Windows Genuine Advantage Validation
> > Tool everytime I try to download it it says that it has failed. I tried the
> > diagnostic at www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag, but i fail the last three parts
> > about activex (windows activex loaded, Office validation ActiveX loaded, and
> > Validation Self-help ActiveX loaded) I am pretty sure I also have disabled
> > my spyware as well. If anyone has any ideas on how to help me that would be
> > great!

PA Bear

Re: Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool and Service Pack 2
Post your questions in that forum, please.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/