Update KB933928 Killed My Laptop!

Tipsy

Update KB933928 Killed My Laptop!
Long story short I've been all over the Vista forum and support and I've been
told that Update KB933928 put my laptop into a Mod-Auth tamper state. I'm not
sure what that means but if I log on to my laptop I get a box with an X and
it lets me either open only my internet explorer or it logs me off. So I only
have access to internet explorer, to get anything else I need to go on in
safe mode. I was told the solution to my problem is to uninstall KB933928 and
then reinstall it but it wont let me uninstall it. I get this message when I
try: update could not be fully uninstalled! I was able to uninstall other
updates earlier because I thought they were the problem but now I can't
uninstall the update that is apparently the problem.

Please help me, I need my laptop working again before school starts and If I
can't find a solution I'm going to either pirate a copy of Vista or turn it
into a Linux laptop...
--
Alea Iacta Est
PA Bear

Re: Update KB933928 Killed My Laptop!
Sounds like you may already be running a pirated version of Vista, Tipsy.
Contact Microsoft or the outfit that sold you the machine.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Tipsy wrote:
> Long story short I've been all over the Vista forum and support and I've
> been told that Update KB933928 put my laptop into a Mod-Auth tamper state.
> I'm not sure what that means but if I log on to my laptop I get a box with
> an X and it lets me either open only my internet explorer or it logs me
> off. So I only have access to internet explorer, to get anything else I
> need to go on in safe mode. I was told the solution to my problem is to
> uninstall KB933928 and then reinstall it but it wont let me uninstall it.
> get this message when I try: update could not be fully uninstalled! I was
> able to uninstall other updates earlier because I thought they were the
> problem but now I can't uninstall the update that is apparently the
> problem.
>
> Please help me, I need my laptop working again before school starts and If
> can't find a solution I'm going to either pirate a copy of Vista or turn
> it
> into a Linux laptop...

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Update KB933928 Killed My Laptop!
Since there is an MS presence in the below forum, suggest you post
there, Tipsy:

Windows Vista Validation Issues (Windows Vista)
http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/...1004&SiteID=25

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Tipsy wrote:

> Long story short I've been all over the Vista forum and support and I've been
> told that Update KB933928 put my laptop into a Mod-Auth tamper state. I'm not
> sure what that means but if I log on to my laptop I get a box with an X and
> it lets me either open only my internet explorer or it logs me off. So I only
> have access to internet explorer, to get anything else I need to go on in
> safe mode. I was told the solution to my problem is to uninstall KB933928 and
> then reinstall it but it wont let me uninstall it. I get this message when I
> try: update could not be fully uninstalled! I was able to uninstall other
> updates earlier because I thought they were the problem but now I can't
> uninstall the update that is apparently the problem.
>
> Please help me, I need my laptop working again before school starts and If I
> can't find a solution I'm going to either pirate a copy of Vista or turn it
> into a Linux laptop...

Tipsy

Re: Update KB933928 Killed My Laptop!
Thanks for the answers but your both wrong. I took the Microsoft validation
test and it said my Vista was genuine, I was able to get updates always until
just now. Also in the case of the other Forum that was linked "Windows Vista
Validation Issues", I've been there as is shown by the several threads with
my nickname on em and it didn't solve my problem.
--
Alea Iacta Est