Re: 0x80248015 update error

vmguy

Re: 0x80248015 update error
Microsoft Update has so many sand traps, it's hard to keep up with them all.
So here's a suggestion ... why don't they check the computer date in the
ActiveX code that interfaces to the Update site?

It sure would save all of us a heap of trouble.

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "pdlo269dl" <pdlo269dl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > message Error number: 0x80248015 i found NO help with this, i think it has
> > to do with security certificate validation. failure of the home pc to be
> > authenticated is viewed by the home pc as a probelm of the security
> > certificates of the site it is attempting to contact. isn't there an index
> > of references?

> Try a search?
>
> http://docxp.mvps.org/WU5-ERR.htm
>
> (MSN search for
> 0x80248015
> )
>

> <quote>
> 0x80248015 -2145091563 SUS E DS SERVICEEXPIRED the caller has requested a service whose registration has expired
>
> </quote>
>

> Is your computer's date correct? <eg>
>

> HTH
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---
>

> > "Bob" wrote:
> >
> >> Does anyone have any idea how to correct this update error? It occurs when
> >> automatic update attempts an update. Any ideas would be appreciated.

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: 0x80248015 update error
Yes, why should people know what date it is ? Microsoft should tell them
and also tell them what time it is ... in fact, Microsoft should also
provide a calendar with significant dates already circled.
MS should also inform people when their bills are due.
They can do that, right ?

OK, why stop there ? MS should tell folks who to vote for, provide
directions when folks are driving, tell them when they're low on petrol,
choose a mate for them, ad infinitum.
Why should Folks be responsible for anything when Microsoft can be their
Big Daddy ?
Makes sense to me ...

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

vmguy wrote:

> Microsoft Update has so many sand traps, it's hard to keep up with them all.
> So here's a suggestion ... why don't they check the computer date in the
> ActiveX code that interfaces to the Update site?
>
> It sure would save all of us a heap of trouble.
>
> "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:
>

>>"pdlo269dl" <pdlo269dl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>message Error number: 0x80248015 i found NO help with this, i think it has
>>>to do with security certificate validation. failure of the home pc to be
>>>authenticated is viewed by the home pc as a probelm of the security
>>>certificates of the site it is attempting to contact. isn't there an index
>>>of references?

>>Try a search?
>>
>>http://docxp.mvps.org/WU5-ERR.htm
>>
>>(MSN search for
>> 0x80248015
>>)
>>

>><quote>
>> 0x80248015 -2145091563 SUS E DS SERVICEEXPIRED the caller has requested a service whose registration has expired
>>
>></quote>
>>

>>Is your computer's date correct? <eg>
>>

>>HTH
>>
>>Robert Aldwinckle
>>---

vmguy

Re: 0x80248015 update error
My goodness, you are an idiot. Santa didn't bring you the toys you wanted?

Why the hell should I be checking the date on my system?
I expect it to be kept in sync, especially when I've told Windows to keep
it sync'd with an external source.

You're an "MVP" .... please, god ... don't let me ever achive this level of
sophistication.

Just in case you missed it, idiot, the reason for Microsoft ActiveX client
to check the date is because their stupid updates are sensitive to such stuff.

I can still pay my bills without the assistance of Microsoft,
(or valuable assistance from dim-bulbs like you).