mshtml.dll failure in ie7 and outlook2000

Peter Goodman

mshtml.dll failure in ie7 and outlook2000
Hi,

Does anyone have an idea about whats going on with my PC?

Running: Windows XP SP2, IE7.

After getting the latest updates over a week ago (12/13), when I
rebooted could not get back into ie 7 or open outlook 2000.

Each time I try to open either program I get the IE has encountered a
problem and needs to close window. The error information refers to
mshtml.dll.

I have done a zillion searches on this and found nothing specific to
my problem. Most of the the fixes involve "intermittent" errors with
this but my system fails every time.

I have 3 years of emails and my address book being held captive.

Any advice is appreciated.

Regards,

Peter Goodman
PA Bear

Re: mshtml.dll failure in ie7 and outlook2000

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

Peter Goodman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have an idea about whats going on with my PC?
>
> Running: Windows XP SP2, IE7.
>
> After getting the latest updates over a week ago (12/13), when I
> rebooted could not get back into ie 7 or open outlook 2000.
>
> Each time I try to open either program I get the IE has encountered a
> problem and needs to close window. The error information refers to
> mshtml.dll.
>
> I have done a zillion searches on this and found nothing specific to
> my problem. Most of the the fixes involve "intermittent" errors with
> this but my system fails every time.
>
> I have 3 years of emails and my address book being held captive.
>
> Any advice is appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter Goodman

Old Angelo

RE: mshtml.dll failure in ie7 and outlook2000
I had a similar problem when after updating 7, so I restored my system to a
previous date. It now works fine, I will not update 7 untill I hear more
positive comments.

"Peter Goodman" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have an idea about whats going on with my PC?
>
> Running: Windows XP SP2, IE7.
>
> After getting the latest updates over a week ago (12/13), when I
> rebooted could not get back into ie 7 or open outlook 2000.
>
> Each time I try to open either program I get the IE has encountered a
> problem and needs to close window. The error information refers to
> mshtml.dll.
>
> I have done a zillion searches on this and found nothing specific to
> my problem. Most of the the fixes involve "intermittent" errors with
> this but my system fails every time.
>
> I have 3 years of emails and my address book being held captive.
>
> Any advice is appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter Goodman

PA Bear

Re: mshtml.dll failure in ie7 and outlook2000
Required reading IMHO before installing IE7:

Sandi's Installation Tips <= FOLLOW THESE TIPS TO THE LETTER!

[And I strongly recommend using
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow.../getitnow.mspx as the
installation source, not Automatic/Windows Update. Make *certain* that you
check in at Windows Update immediately after installing IE7 and install any
critical updates offered. If Optional Updates category offers Root
Certificates update, I recommend installing it to take full advantage of
IE7's additional security.]

IEBlog : IE7 Installation and Anti-Malware Applications

What's New in Internet Explorer 7

Release Notes
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/Aa740486.aspx

Those with IE7-specific questions or comments are asked to post to and seek
support in this newsgroup: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

On the web:

In your newsreader:
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/