Update Problem

confused

Update Problem
Everytime I switch my computer on (Windows XP) I am told there are updates
for it - when I try to install and I have tried both express and custom - it
keeps asking me for a disc to enable it to update? it also won't let me open
excel as it says the same thing - I need the disc - very confused
PA Bear

Re: Update Problem
What updates (e.g., Office 2003 SP3)?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

confused wrote:
> Everytime I switch my computer on (Windows XP) I am told there are updates
> for it - when I try to install and I have tried both express and custom -
> it
> keeps asking me for a disc to enable it to update? it also won't let me
> open
> excel as it says the same thing - I need the disc - very confused

confused

Re: Update Problem
I have managed to stop it asking about updates - it was sp3 incidentally -
but I still cannot get on to excel at all - tells me it is configuring then
tells me it needs the disc?!!!! and can't find it - I've always had excel and
never had a problem before

"PA Bear" wrote:

> What updates (e.g., Office 2003 SP3)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> confused wrote:
> > Everytime I switch my computer on (Windows XP) I am told there are updates
> > for it - when I try to install and I have tried both express and custom -
> > it
> > keeps asking me for a disc to enable it to update? it also won't let me
> > open
> > excel as it says the same thing - I need the disc - very confused

PA Bear

Re: Update Problem
Until you tell me what updates are being offered, I can't help you here.

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

confused wrote:
> I have managed to stop it asking about updates - it was sp3 incidentally -
> but I still cannot get on to excel at all - tells me it is configuring
> then
> tells me it needs the disc?!!!! and can't find it - I've always had excel
> and never had a problem before
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>> What updates (e.g., Office 2003 SP3)?
>> --
>> confused wrote:
>>> Everytime I switch my computer on (Windows XP) I am told there are
>>> updates
>>> for it - when I try to install and I have tried both express and
>>> custom -
>>> it
>>> keeps asking me for a disc to enable it to update? it also won't let me
>>> open
>>> excel as it says the same thing - I need the disc - very confused

XP User in Kazoo

RE: Update Problem

--
AHL

"confused" wrote:

> Everytime I switch my computer on (Windows XP) I am told there are updates
> for it - when I try to install and I have tried both express and custom - it
> keeps asking me for a disc to enable it to update? it also won't let me open
> excel as it says the same thing - I need the disc - very confused

XP User in Kazoo

RE: Update Problem
I too am very confused as I have been trying to download and install 87
security updates, the system refuses to install them, Automatic updates is
tuurned on and I cannot determine why the system continually refuses to
install the updates, Any one have an idea what the ptoblem may be? I do not
get an error message only the the updates failed to install.
--
AHL

"confused" wrote:

> Everytime I switch my computer on (Windows XP) I am told there are updates
> for it - when I try to install and I have tried both express and custom - it
> keeps asking me for a disc to enable it to update? it also won't let me open
> excel as it says the same thing - I need the disc - very confused

Tony

RE: Update Problem
I'm having the same problem. Same amount of security updates. I'm able to
download them but they always fail to install.