Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2

mamabear0917

Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
Everytime I turn my computer on there is another update and it is always the
same update as the subject line above, it has installed successfully each
time, but as soon as I restart my computer it is there again. Any
suggestions?
windows XP Basics

RE: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2

How can i install this update? - Error Code: 0x80242006
--
jerry owens

"mamabear0917" wrote:

> Everytime I turn my computer on there is another update and it is always the
> same update as the subject line above, it has installed successfully each
> time, but as soon as I restart my computer it is there again. Any
> suggestions?

mamabear0917

RE: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pa
I don't have a clue, it's an automatic update and mine has installed over 15
times since I got the computer last Sunday 12/16/07. I am trying to figure
out how to stop it from installing another 15 times.

"windows XP Basics" wrote:

> How can i install this update? - Error Code: 0x80242006
> --
> jerry owens
>

> "mamabear0917" wrote:
>
> > Everytime I turn my computer on there is another update and it is always the
> > same update as the subject line above, it has installed successfully each
> > time, but as soon as I restart my computer it is there again. Any
> > suggestions?

mamabear0917

RE: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pa
P.S. I am running VISTA not Windows XP!!

"windows XP Basics" wrote:

> How can i install this update? - Error Code: 0x80242006
> --
> jerry owens
>

> "mamabear0917" wrote:
>
> > Everytime I turn my computer on there is another update and it is always the
> > same update as the subject line above, it has installed successfully each
> > time, but as soon as I restart my computer it is there again. Any
> > suggestions?

Virginia

"mamabear0917" wrote:

> Everytime I turn my computer on there is another update and it is always the
> same update as the subject line above, it has installed successfully each
> time, but as soon as I restart my computer it is there again. Any
> suggestions?

Virginia

RE: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pa
Thanks to all that helped me. I finally went to Microsoft and they had me
to install the Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup utility. Then I had to
remove the MSXML software. Then I had to reinstall the security updates
KB935672 and KB927978. So far it seems to be working and I had the yellow
tag to reinstall update again and when I did all this the tag is gone.

Hope this helps a lot of others with this problem.

"Virginia" wrote:

> "mamabear0917" wrote:
>
> > Everytime I turn my computer on there is another update and it is always the
> > same update as the subject line above, it has installed successfully each
> > time, but as soon as I restart my computer it is there again. Any
> > suggestions?

mamabear0917

RE: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pa
Yes, I see, but does this apply to VISTA?