Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Unable to update XP 2002.

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-23-2007
Jerry G.
 

Posts: n/a
Unable to update XP 2002.
I installed a new hard drive, since the old one stopped working.

I installed Windows XP version 2002, then went to MS site to update all the
changes.

IE version 6.0.2600 starts, MS checks my system for possible updates, then I
get the message that IE needs to shut down, do I want to send MS a copy of
the error.

I have goggled for this, checked MS web site for solutions and have been
unable to resolve this issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Take Care
Jerry

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-23-2007
PA Bear
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Unable to update XP 2002.
Download/install WinXP SP2 first.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Jerry G. wrote:
> I installed a new hard drive, since the old one stopped working.
>
> I installed Windows XP version 2002, then went to MS site to update all
> the
> changes.
>
> IE version 6.0.2600 starts, MS checks my system for possible updates, then
> I
> get the message that IE needs to shut down, do I want to send MS a copy of
> the error.
>
> I have goggled for this, checked MS web site for solutions and have been
> unable to resolve this issues.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-24-2007
Jerry G.
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Unable to update XP 2002.
I was able to download I.E. today, but when I run it it says it is
incompatible with my current OS (XP 2002) - no surprise there.

I unable to download SP2, because when I click on the download for windows,
IE blows up with that error message.


"PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:O9tMoVZRIHA.4400@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Download/install WinXP SP2 first.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Jerry G. wrote:
>> I installed a new hard drive, since the old one stopped working.
>>
>> I installed Windows XP version 2002, then went to MS site to update all
>> the
>> changes.
>>
>> IE version 6.0.2600 starts, MS checks my system for possible updates,
>> then I
>> get the message that IE needs to shut down, do I want to send MS a copy
>> of
>> the error.
>>
>> I have goggled for this, checked MS web site for solutions and have been
>> unable to resolve this issues.
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-24-2007
PA Bear
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Unable to update XP 2002.
I said nothing about downloading IE. IE isn't the problem.

Download SP2 from the following link (SAVE it to your desktop; don't RUN
it):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...5-9e368d3cdb5a

Did you format the new HDD before installing WinXP?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/


Jerry G. wrote:
> I was able to download I.E. today, but when I run it it says it is
> incompatible with my current OS (XP 2002) - no surprise there.
>
> I unable to download SP2, because when I click on the download for
> windows,
> IE blows up with that error message.
>
>
> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:O9tMoVZRIHA.4400@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Download/install WinXP SP2 first.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Jerry G. wrote:
>>> I installed a new hard drive, since the old one stopped working.
>>>
>>> I installed Windows XP version 2002, then went to MS site to update all
>>> the
>>> changes.
>>>
>>> IE version 6.0.2600 starts, MS checks my system for possible updates,
>>> then I
>>> get the message that IE needs to shut down, do I want to send MS a copy
>>> of
>>> the error.
>>>
>>> I have goggled for this, checked MS web site for solutions and have been
>>> unable to resolve this issues.
>>>
>>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2007
Jerry G.
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Unable to update XP 2002.
I found the answer. I downloaded SP2 from MS - the option which allows for
distribution to several computers. I downloaded it to my laptop,
transferred the file to the old computer and I am currently updated. And
here I was going to buy a brand-new computer.


"Jerry G." <groneberg@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:uOaI69XRIHA.5288@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>I installed a new hard drive, since the old one stopped working.
>
> I installed Windows XP version 2002, then went to MS site to update all
> the changes.
>
> IE version 6.0.2600 starts, MS checks my system for possible updates, then
> I get the message that IE needs to shut down, do I want to send MS a copy
> of the error.
>
> I have goggled for this, checked MS web site for solutions and have been
> unable to resolve this issues.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> --
> Take Care
> Jerry


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unable to update security in Vista DG microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 0 01-11-2008 18:54
Unable to disable Microsoft Update Derek G microsoft.public.windowsupdate 6 12-14-2007 21:18
unable to update and updates zero in size help with update microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 12-09-2007 01:35
Problems with Access 2002 (XP) After Installing Update Toefuzz microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 2 07-19-2007 08:36
Unable to connect to Windows Update Denny microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 03-01-2007 04:58




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:30.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120