windows updater isnt updating

HIKER777

windows updater isnt updating
I am having awful time of it here. first got into the problem when we were
having javascript errors on websites. i figured direct X was problem but i
couldnt fix it. then figured that i needed a window update and tried to
download but got the Error Code: 0x80242006, which i went to this forum and
got info on how to preceed, attempted to down load the net3.0 and the add
KB... updates. i think my updater is hosed'

i am running windows xp/sp2
PA Bear

Re: windows updater isnt updating

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

HIKER777 wrote:
> I am having awful time of it here. first got into the problem when we were
> having javascript errors on websites. i figured direct X was problem but i
> couldnt fix it. then figured that i needed a window update and tried to
> download but got the Error Code: 0x80242006, which i went to this forum
> and
> got info on how to preceed, attempted to down load the net3.0 and the add
> KB... updates. i think my updater is hosed'
>
> i am running windows xp/sp2

Brian

Re: windows updater isnt updating
Thanks Bear,

I keep getting this statement:

"Files required to use Microsoft Update are no longer registered or
installed on your computer. "

when I try to run the windows update. When I try the corrective routine it
gives, it doesnt work.

--
yea

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org
>
> HIKER777 wrote:
> > I am having awful time of it here. first got into the problem when we were
> > having javascript errors on websites. i figured direct X was problem but i
> > couldnt fix it. then figured that i needed a window update and tried to
> > download but got the Error Code: 0x80242006, which i went to this forum
> > and
> > got info on how to preceed, attempted to down load the net3.0 and the add
> > KB... updates. i think my updater is hosed'
> >
> > i am running windows xp/sp2

PA Bear

Re: windows updater isnt updating
I was replying to HIKER777, Brian, but you too could start a free Windows
Update support incident about your problem.

Or you could begin a new thread.
--
~PA Bear