Windows Update error 8024402C

angelkiller117

Windows Update error 8024402C
I recieved the "Windows Update error 8024402C" when I tried to manually
update my system today. It also tells me my computer hasn't been update
since the 14th. I haven't done anything strange or new to my computer in a
long time. I have never had any problem like this. I have Vista Home Basic.
I have tried many solutions for this problem, but none of them have worked.
If you have any info, please post.
peter

RE: Windows Update error 8024402C
Hi Angelkiller117,

Im sorry to say I dont have a solution to this problem your having with
error code 8024402c, But I find your post interesting as I also am receiving
this error message and strange enough my last update was also on the 14th
Dec???.

Could it be that there was something in the download (windows defender
definition download) that corrupted the windows update programme??????? could
this be possible I really dont know.

I also have made no changes to my system prior to this happening, and like
yourself I have tried all the suggestions to fix this, and its still there.

If I find a solution that works for me I shall let you know, On the same
note anyone else who reads this posting with the same problem, please let us
both know.

Thanks.

"angelkiller117" wrote:

> I recieved the "Windows Update error 8024402C" when I tried to manually
> update my system today. It also tells me my computer hasn't been update
> since the 14th. I haven't done anything strange or new to my computer in a
> long time. I have never had any problem like this. I have Vista Home Basic.
> I have tried many solutions for this problem, but none of them have worked.
> If you have any info, please post.

angelkiller117

RE: Windows Update error 8024402C
Thank you for the reply. And likewise, if I find an answer I will share it
here as well.

"peter" wrote:

> Hi Angelkiller117,
>
> Im sorry to say I dont have a solution to this problem your having with
> error code 8024402c, But I find your post interesting as I also am receiving
> this error message and strange enough my last update was also on the 14th
> Dec???.
>
> Could it be that there was something in the download (windows defender
> definition download) that corrupted the windows update programme??????? could
> this be possible I really dont know.
>
> I also have made no changes to my system prior to this happening, and like
> yourself I have tried all the suggestions to fix this, and its still there.
>
> If I find a solution that works for me I shall let you know, On the same
> note anyone else who reads this posting with the same problem, please let us
> both know.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "angelkiller117" wrote:
>
> > I recieved the "Windows Update error 8024402C" when I tried to manually
> > update my system today. It also tells me my computer hasn't been update
> > since the 14th. I haven't done anything strange or new to my computer in a
> > long time. I have never had any problem like this. I have Vista Home Basic.
> > I have tried many solutions for this problem, but none of them have worked.
> > If you have any info, please post.

Engel

RE: Windows Update error 8024402C
Hi angelkiller117 and Peter,

Have you try this solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900936

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.
- -- ---

"angelkiller117" wrote:

> I recieved the "Windows Update error 8024402C" when I tried to manually
> update my system today. It also tells me my computer hasn't been update
> since the 14th. I haven't done anything strange or new to my computer in a
> long time. I have never had any problem like this. I have Vista Home Basic.
> I have tried many solutions for this problem, but none of them have worked.
> If you have any info, please post.

angelkiller117

RE: Windows Update error 8024402C
Yes, I tried the first part, and on the second, I don't have that firewall.

"Engel" wrote:

> Hi angelkiller117 and Peter,
>
> Have you try this solution:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900936
>
> I hope this post is helpful.
>
> Let us know how it works ºut.
> - -- ---
>

> "angelkiller117" wrote:
>
> > I recieved the "Windows Update error 8024402C" when I tried to manually
> > update my system today. It also tells me my computer hasn't been update
> > since the 14th. I haven't done anything strange or new to my computer in a
> > long time. I have never had any problem like this. I have Vista Home Basic.
> > I have tried many solutions for this problem, but none of them have worked.
> > If you have any info, please post.

peter

RE: Windows Update error 8024402C
Hi Engel.

Same as Angelkiller, Tried first method no joy, second method dont apply.

However, Thanks for your responce.

"Engel" wrote:

> Hi angelkiller117 and Peter,
>
> Have you try this solution:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900936
>
> I hope this post is helpful.
>
> Let us know how it works ºut.
> - -- ---
>

> "angelkiller117" wrote:
>
> > I recieved the "Windows Update error 8024402C" when I tried to manually
> > update my system today. It also tells me my computer hasn't been update
> > since the 14th. I haven't done anything strange or new to my computer in a
> > long time. I have never had any problem like this. I have Vista Home Basic.
> > I have tried many solutions for this problem, but none of them have worked.
> > If you have any info, please post.

JAN

RE: Windows Update error 8024402C
I have the some problem since the 14.december.
I have never had any problem like this. (Windows Vista home)

JAN

Mike

RE: Windows Update error 8024402C
I have also received error code 8024402C. My last update was on 12-14-07 it
was Windows Defender KB915597 Definition 1.23.4698.0 also when I try to
install the other updates that came that day I get error code 8024402C,
80200053 and 80246002. I am using Vista Home Basic that came on my Compaq
Presario SR5030NX. I haven't done anything new to my computer or home
network and have never had any problem like this with previous updates. I
have tried all the fixes listed and even tried to restore my system to before
the updates were installed and it said there was a system error that wouldn't
let me restore it. I have turned off Windows Defender but that was no help
either. My next option was a complete restore before I found this discussion
but now I'm not sure that would do any good either. I will pass on anything I
find that works.

"angelkiller117" wrote:

> I recieved the "Windows Update error 8024402C" when I tried to manually
> update my system today. It also tells me my computer hasn't been update
> since the 14th. I haven't done anything strange or new to my computer in a
> long time. I have never had any problem like this. I have Vista Home Basic.
> I have tried many solutions for this problem, but none of them have worked.
> If you have any info, please post.

uncle chubby

RE: Windows Update error 8024402C
hi i'm having the same problem did you find an answer?

"angelkiller117" wrote:

> I recieved the "Windows Update error 8024402C" when I tried to manually
> update my system today. It also tells me my computer hasn't been update
> since the 14th. I haven't done anything strange or new to my computer in a
> long time. I have never had any problem like this. I have Vista Home Basic.
> I have tried many solutions for this problem, but none of them have worked.
> If you have any info, please post.

Ruby_Leung

RE: Windows Update error 8024402C
I have same problem, I find the solution and finally solve this problem, so
you all can try the below link solution.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x8024402c.html

I was use #one to solve my problem.