Unknown Update Error for Windows Vista Ultimate Edition

Pozzy5

Unknown Update Error for Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate Edition on my laptop and whenever I
attempt to update it this error code displays: 80073712

I've searched the help topics but can't seem to find a solution to the
problem. What's wrong? What does this error mean?
PA Bear

Re: Unknown Update Error for Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
....you receive an error message that includes the following code when you
try to use Windows Update: "0x80073712":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931712

======================================

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

Pozzy5 wrote:
> I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate Edition on my laptop and whenever I
> attempt to update it this error code displays: 80073712
>
> I've searched the help topics but can't seem to find a solution to the
> problem. What's wrong? What does this error mean?

Walt

Re: Unknown Update Error for Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
And if what PA Bear recommended doesn't work, you may have to do an
in-place-upgrade. I had the same problem, tried all the recommended fixes,
spent over 10 hours on the phone with MS Support, allowed them to remotely
take over my desktop, and when nothing worked, they recommended an
in-place-upgrade which did the trick. Since there is no charge for Windows
Update problems, I recommend that you open a Case with them via phone or the
Support web page.
Walt
> ...you receive an error message that includes the following code when you
> try to use Windows Update: "0x80073712":
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931712

> Support for Windows Update:
>
> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
> in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
> related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g.,
> KB123456).

> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
> through your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>
> Pozzy5 wrote:
>> I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate Edition on my laptop and whenever I
>> attempt to update it this error code displays: 80073712
>>
>> I've searched the help topics but can't seem to find a solution to the
>> problem. What's wrong? What does this error mean?

JeffH

Re: Unknown Update Error for Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
I want to thank you for your reply to Pozzy5 question because i had asked the
same question a couple weeks ago and had gotten a few replys but i was not
able to follow the directions the other people said to. I called the
1-866-PCSAFETY just like you said and was only on phone for little less the 1
hour and the Tech i spoke to was able to solve my update problem. So I hope
Pozzy5 reads this and calls the number. Once again PA BEAR thank you.