ERROR 80073712

JeffH

ERROR 80073712
I need help with error 80073712. I can not install and updates. I have
tried some of the things suggested but i do not fully understand them all..
I need step by step instructions on how to solve the issue. Can anyone
help. Thanks
Jim

RE: ERROR 80073712
I have the same problem with the Cumulitive Security update for Explorer 7
(KB942615) just released. I have disabled Norton's 360 and retried to no
avail. All it will give me is the 80073712 error code and a failed
installation.
Windows Update continues to inform me of the new update available and I
have had no problems installing any of the previous Vista or Explorer updates.
I have Vista installed with all updates including this one on a similar
Toshiba Laptop so I am very confused why it won't install on the this Toshiba
laptop.
Any suggestions would be apreciated.

"JeffH" wrote:

> I need help with error 80073712. I can not install and updates. I have
> tried some of the things suggested but i do not fully understand them all..
> I need step by step instructions on how to solve the issue. Can anyone
> help. Thanks

Walt

Re: ERROR 80073712
After over 10 hours on the phone with MS Support, and allowing them to take
control of my desktop remotely, they ended up recommending that I do an
in-place-upgrade. This did work, and was relatively painless. A couple of
hours effort after the in-place-upgrade, and all was well. I recommend you
contact MS Support via phone or at the Support web page, and start a case.
Help with Windows Update problems is free.
Walt
"JeffH" <nascarman242002@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I need help with error 80073712. I can not install and updates. I have
> tried some of the things suggested but i do not fully understand them
> all..
> I need step by step instructions on how to solve the issue. Can anyone
> help. Thanks

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: ERROR 80073712
Jeff,

Give this a try :

The "Windows Features" dialog box is empty in Windows Vista, or you
receive an error message that includes the following code when you try
to use Windows Update: "0x80073712"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/KB931712

80073712 ERROR_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT
CSI does not support multple concurrent writes by design

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

JeffH wrote:

> I need help with error 80073712. I can not install and updates. I have
> tried some of the things suggested but i do not fully understand them all..
> I need step by step instructions on how to solve the issue. Can anyone
> help. Thanks

JeffH

Re: ERROR 80073712
MowGreen ,

I tried that too but I'm still not able to get updates i keep getting same
error.

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> Give this a try :
>
> The "Windows Features" dialog box is empty in Windows Vista, or you
> receive an error message that includes the following code when you try
> to use Windows Update: "0x80073712"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/KB931712
>
> 80073712 ERROR_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT
> CSI does not support multple concurrent writes by design
>

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> JeffH wrote:
>
> > I need help with error 80073712. I can not install and updates. I have
> > tried some of the things suggested but i do not fully understand them all..
> > I need step by step instructions on how to solve the issue. Can anyone
> > help. Thanks

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: ERROR 80073712
Then the only thing I can recommend is what Walt posted to this thread,
an in-place upgrade.

> After over 10 hours on the phone with MS Support, and allowing them to take control of my
> desktop remotely, they ended up recommending that I do an in-place-upgrade. This did work, and
> was relatively painless. A couple of hours effort after the in-place-upgrade, and all was well.
> I recommend you contact MS Support via phone or at the Support web page, and start a case. Help
> with Windows Update problems is free.
> Walt

Support
• Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from
Microsoft Product Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no charge
for support calls that are associated with security updates.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

JeffH wrote:

> MowGreen ,
>
> I tried that too but I'm still not able to get updates i keep getting same
> error.
>
> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>

>>Jeff,
>>
>>Give this a try :
>>
>>The "Windows Features" dialog box is empty in Windows Vista, or you
>>receive an error message that includes the following code when you try
>>to use Windows Update: "0x80073712"
>>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/KB931712
>>
>>80073712 ERROR_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT
>>CSI does not support multple concurrent writes by design
>>

>>MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
>>===============
>> *-343-* FDNY
>>Never Forgotten
>>===============
>>

>>JeffH wrote:
>>

>>>I need help with error 80073712. I can not install and updates. I have
>>>tried some of the things suggested but i do not fully understand them all..
>>>I need step by step instructions on how to solve the issue. Can anyone
>>>help. Thanks

technogranny

Re: ERROR 80073712
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a in-place upgrade?
--
technogranny