Error code [Error number: 0x80072EE7

Matt N.

Error code [Error number: 0x80072EE7
Any suggestions? This happened once before and I had to reload XP. Whatever
the error is it disables windows update.
Engel

RE: Error code [Error number: 0x80072EE7
Hello Matt,

Take a look here:

You may receive an "Error 0x80072EE2," "Error 0x80072EE7," "Error
0x80072EFD," "Error 0x80072F76," or "Error 0x80072F78" error message when you
try to use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site
<http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b836941>

It might answer your question

hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.
- -- ---

"Matt N." wrote:

> Any suggestions? This happened once before and I had to reload XP. Whatever
> the error is it disables windows update.

michgal2k

RE: Error code [Error number: 0x80072EE7
download fixwareout -
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/file...Fixwareout.exe
Note: You will need to run this tool while having an Internet Connection.
The tool will download other files while running.
Save it to your desktop and run it. Click Next, then Install, make sure "Run
fixit" is checked and click Finish.
The fix will begin; follow the prompts.
If your firewall gives an alert, (because this tool will download an
additional files from the internet), please don't let your firewall block it,
but allow it instead.
You will be asked to reboot your computer; please do so. Your system may
take longer than usual to load; this is normal.
Once the desktop loads a text file will open (report.txt).

After that try the microsoft update - it worked great for me.
If you think about it, let me know.

"Matt N." wrote:

> Any suggestions? This happened once before and I had to reload XP. Whatever
> the error is it disables windows update.

Matt N.

RE: Error code [Error number: 0x80072EE7
I did all the steps at the site, but unfortunately I still can't access
windows update, and Defender can't update either. I also tried restoring to
last month and ran every AV, spyware, Malicious software removal.. ect. I
also tried reloading IE7, no luck. Is it a virus or more of a reg issue?

Appreciate your help

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello Matt,
>
> Take a look here:
>
> You may receive an "Error 0x80072EE2," "Error 0x80072EE7," "Error
> 0x80072EFD," "Error 0x80072F76," or "Error 0x80072F78" error message when you
> try to use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site
> <http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b836941>
>
> It might answer your question
>
> hope this post is helpful.
>
> Let us know how it works ºut.
> - -- ---
>

> "Matt N." wrote:
>
> > Any suggestions? This happened once before and I had to reload XP. Whatever
> > the error is it disables windows update.

michgal2k

RE: Error code [Error number: 0x80072EE7
Matt - Please see my previous note. I think it will help

"Matt N." wrote:

> I did all the steps at the site, but unfortunately I still can't access
> windows update, and Defender can't update either. I also tried restoring to
> last month and ran every AV, spyware, Malicious software removal.. ect. I
> also tried reloading IE7, no luck. Is it a virus or more of a reg issue?
>
> Appreciate your help
>
> "Engel" wrote:
>
> > Hello Matt,
> >
> > Take a look here:
> >
> > You may receive an "Error 0x80072EE2," "Error 0x80072EE7," "Error
> > 0x80072EFD," "Error 0x80072F76," or "Error 0x80072F78" error message when you
> > try to use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site
> > <http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b836941>
> >
> > It might answer your question
> >
> > hope this post is helpful.
> >
> > Let us know how it works ºut.
> > - -- ---
> >

> > "Matt N." wrote:
> >
> > > Any suggestions? This happened once before and I had to reload XP. Whatever
> > > the error is it disables windows update.

craig h

"michgal2k" wrote:

> download fixwareout -
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/file...Fixwareout.exe
> Note: You will need to run this tool while having an Internet Connection.
> The tool will download other files while running.
> Save it to your desktop and run it. Click Next, then Install, make sure "Run
> fixit" is checked and click Finish.
> The fix will begin; follow the prompts.
> If your firewall gives an alert, (because this tool will download an
> additional files from the internet), please don't let your firewall block it,
> but allow it instead.
> You will be asked to reboot your computer; please do so. Your system may
> take longer than usual to load; this is normal.
> Once the desktop loads a text file will open (report.txt).
>
> After that try the microsoft update - it worked great for me.
> If you think about it, let me know.
>

> "Matt N." wrote:
>
> > Any suggestions? This happened once before and I had to reload XP. Whatever
> > the error is it disables windows update.

I ran the link and it sorted out my laptop in about 5 mins.
ncsoul

RE: Error code [Error number: 0x80072EE7
Hi Matt:

Re: Error number: 0x80072EE7

I have this error also. I follwed your suggestion and used the "guided help"
to try to resolve but no luck. I am still getting this error message when I
try to udate from Windows update.

Thanks
Gary W.

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello Matt,
>
> Take a look here:
>
> You may receive an "Error 0x80072EE2," "Error 0x80072EE7," "Error
> 0x80072EFD," "Error 0x80072F76," or "Error 0x80072F78" error message when you
> try to use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site
> <http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b836941>
>
> It might answer your question
>
> hope this post is helpful.
>
> Let us know how it works ºut.
> - -- ---
>

> "Matt N." wrote:
>
> > Any suggestions? This happened once before and I had to reload XP. Whatever
> > the error is it disables windows update.

roger41042

RE: Error code [Error number: 0x80072EE7
Had same problem. Downloaded Fixwareout. No more problem. Thanks michgal2k.

"michgal2k" wrote:

> download fixwareout -
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/file...Fixwareout.exe
> Note: You will need to run this tool while having an Internet Connection.
> The tool will download other files while running.
> Save it to your desktop and run it. Click Next, then Install, make sure "Run
> fixit" is checked and click Finish.
> The fix will begin; follow the prompts.
> If your firewall gives an alert, (because this tool will download an
> additional files from the internet), please don't let your firewall block it,
> but allow it instead.
> You will be asked to reboot your computer; please do so. Your system may
> take longer than usual to load; this is normal.
> Once the desktop loads a text file will open (report.txt).
>
> After that try the microsoft update - it worked great for me.
> If you think about it, let me know.
>

> "Matt N." wrote:
>
> > Any suggestions? This happened once before and I had to reload XP. Whatever
> > the error is it disables windows update.

jimmy22

RE: Error code [Error number: 0x80072EE7
This also worked for me as I had this error code well done Michgal2k....

jimmy22

"michgal2k" wrote:

> download fixwareout -
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/file...Fixwareout.exe
> Note: You will need to run this tool while having an Internet Connection.
> The tool will download other files while running.
> Save it to your desktop and run it. Click Next, then Install, make sure "Run
> fixit" is checked and click Finish.
> The fix will begin; follow the prompts.
> If your firewall gives an alert, (because this tool will download an
> additional files from the internet), please don't let your firewall block it,
> but allow it instead.
> You will be asked to reboot your computer; please do so. Your system may
> take longer than usual to load; this is normal.
> Once the desktop loads a text file will open (report.txt).
>
> After that try the microsoft update - it worked great for me.
> If you think about it, let me know.
>

> "Matt N." wrote:
>
> > Any suggestions? This happened once before and I had to reload XP. Whatever
> > the error is it disables windows update.

Johnny

RE: Error code [Error number: 0x80072EE7
After the help I received here, this hellllllped. I really appreciate it.
Hmmm, I wonder if something else was affected. Does anyone know what caused
this?