Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework

JDT

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework
Tried several days to install this update on a new (2 week old) computer.
Fails each time. Here are the details as listed in autoupdate. Running
Vista Home premium. Thanks for any help.

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1
(KB929729)

Installation date: ‎12/‎19/‎2007 3:01 AM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 66A

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to
compromise your Windows-based system running the Microsoft .NET Framework and
gain complete control over it. You can help protect your computer by
installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may
have to restart your computer.

More information:

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

JDT

RE: Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework
Also, how can I check to see if I already have this update? Can I update to
a different version of .Net? Wpi;d that help?
Thanks
JDT

"JDT" wrote:

> Tried several days to install this update on a new (2 week old) computer.
> Fails each time. Here are the details as listed in autoupdate. Running
> Vista Home premium. Thanks for any help.
>

> Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1
> (KB929729)
>
> Installation date: ‎12/‎19/‎2007 3:01 AM
>
> Installation status: Failed
>
> Error details: Code 66A
>
> Update type: Important
>
> A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to
> compromise your Windows-based system running the Microsoft .NET Framework and
> gain complete control over it. You can help protect your computer by
> installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may
> have to restart your computer.
>
> More information:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=91233
>
> Help and Support:
> http://support.microsoft.com

PA Bear

Re: Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework
See this KB article (ignore the title):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

JDT wrote:
> Tried several days to install this update on a new (2 week old) computer.
> Fails each time. Here are the details as listed in autoupdate. Running
> Vista Home premium. Thanks for any help.
>

> Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1
> (KB929729)
>
> Installation date: ‎12/‎19/‎2007 3:01 AM
>
> Installation status: Failed
>
> Error details: Code 66A
>
> Update type: Important
>
> A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to
> compromise your Windows-based system running the Microsoft .NET Framework
> and gain complete control over it. You can help protect your computer by
> installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you
> may
> have to restart your computer.
>
> More information:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=91233
>
> Help and Support:
> http://support.microsoft.com

Calven

RE: Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework

The issue can be caused by a damaged .NET Framework component. At this time,
let's refer to the following steps to troubleshoot it:

Step 1: Download Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
1. Visit:
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...BD/msicuu2.exe
2. Please save the file on your Desktop
3. Please double click the msicuu2.exe file to install it onto your computer.

Step 2: Remove .NET Framework 1.1
===========================
1. Click Start -> All Programs->Windows Installer Clean Up.
2. Please locate and remove .NET Framework software.

After performing these steps, please move on to the following suggestions to
reinstall .NET Framework 1.1 and its updates.

Step 3: Install .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Package and its updates
Please download and install the following updates in order.

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...6/dotnetfx.exe

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...867460-X86.exe

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1
(KB928366)
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...928366-X86.exe

Note: When the "File Download" window appears, please click Save, and follow
the directions to save the file on the Desktop. After downloading all the
setup files, please double-click on each one to install them.

Best Regards,

Calven