18 Dec Update ... ?

Dave Horne

18 Dec Update ... ?
I had a strange thing happen last night. I clicked on Windows Update (under
Vista Home Premium) and saw the yellow bar indicating there was an update.
I clicked for more information and saw it was for Windows Defender. I click
to install it and then see a red bar which I believed told me to check back
later.

Every time I now click on Update I am told I am up to date. Did Microsoft
submit an update for Defender and then pull it? Was I the only one to have
this happen? Thoughts? Thanks, Dave Horne

Dave Horne

Re: 18 Dec Update ... ?
Ignore my previous post. I now see that the update from last night was
installed. I seem to recall a similar thing happening in the recent past as
well.

Sorry, DH

"Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>I had a strange thing happen last night. I clicked on Windows Update
>(under Vista Home Premium) and saw the yellow bar indicating there was an
>update. I clicked for more information and saw it was for Windows Defender.
>I click to install it and then see a red bar which I believed told me to
>check back later.
>
> Every time I now click on Update I am told I am up to date. Did Microsoft
> submit an update for Defender and then pull it? Was I the only one to
> have this happen? Thoughts? Thanks, Dave Horne

Kaz

RE: 18 Dec Update ... ?
I received the Defender signature update on 12/18 from Windows Update with
the following version/date:

1.24.4809.0 created on 12/17/2007 at 11:19 PM

"Dave Horne" wrote:

> I had a strange thing happen last night. I clicked on Windows Update (under
> Vista Home Premium) and saw the yellow bar indicating there was an update.
> I clicked for more information and saw it was for Windows Defender. I click
> to install it and then see a red bar which I believed told me to check back
> later.
>
> Every time I now click on Update I am told I am up to date. Did Microsoft
> submit an update for Defender and then pull it? Was I the only one to have
> this happen? Thoughts? Thanks, Dave Horne

PA Bear

Re: 18 Dec Update ... ?
You can always update Defender manually via the link in the right-hand pane
of http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/