Windows XP update do not install

Carlo I2HLY

Windows XP update do not install
I made a repair installation on Windows XP SP2 and now it tells updates are
available
to install.
I go for install but after a while I am told that some of them cannot be
installed and a list of about 80 failed updates is displayed.
In case I select "Custom install" ,after a while it displays just the
following error
not being able to install:
Strumento di verifica dell'originalit├* dei prodotti Windows (KB892130).
When I then shut down the PC it tries again to install but after a while the
PC shut down without installing anything.
Can anybody help?
Thanks

--
Carlo
Engel

RE: Windows XP update do not install
Hello Carlo,

Try this solution at <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144>

Reboot

Now try to install your updates.

<http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/>

If no luck, try Dial-ª-fix

<http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix>

Run this program with all the functions activated in safe m┬║de. (F-8)

Please read the page and Scroll down about 2/3 of the way to Download
Dial-ª-fix

Exit Safe Mode (Reb┬║┬║t)

You didn't say, or at least it's not clear, whether you tried getting the
updates using Internet Explorer, by going here:

<http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/>

Some new ActiveX software has to be installed on XP before your computer can
be scanned.

Just follow the prompts to do so, but it should then list and download the
same updates, and install them, as those you see in the taskbar notificati┬║n.

If going to the site is successful, keep going back until there are no more
critical updates to install.

Try the updates n0w

<http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/>

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ┬║ut
--

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...f-2b8f95272f2b

--

"Carlo I2HLY" wrote:

> I made a repair installation on Windows XP SP2 and now it tells updates are
> available
> to install.
> I go for install but after a while I am told that some of them cannot be
> installed and a list of about 80 failed updates is displayed.
> In case I select "Custom install" ,after a while it displays just the
> following error
> not being able to install:
> Strumento di verifica dell'originalit├* dei prodotti Windows (KB892130).
> When I then shut down the PC it tries again to install but after a while the
> PC shut down without installing anything.
> Can anybody help?
> Thanks
>
> --
> Carlo

Carlo I2HLY

RE: Windows XP update do not install
Hello Engel,
I followed solution at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144 - alternative 1
Issue was solved .
Just great!
I do thank you very much for your effective support!
--
Carlo

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello Carlo,
>
> Try this solution at <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144>
>

> Reboot
>

> Now try to install your updates.
>
> <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/>
>

> If no luck, try Dial-ª-fix
>

> <http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix>
>

> Run this program with all the functions activated in safe m┬║de. (F-8)
>

> Please read the page and Scroll down about 2/3 of the way to Download
> Dial-ª-fix
>

> Exit Safe Mode (Reb┬║┬║t)
>

> You didn't say, or at least it's not clear, whether you tried getting the
> updates using Internet Explorer, by going here:
>
> <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/>
>
> Some new ActiveX software has to be installed on XP before your computer can
> be scanned.
>

> Just follow the prompts to do so, but it should then list and download the
> same updates, and install them, as those you see in the taskbar notificati┬║n.
>

> If going to the site is successful, keep going back until there are no more
> critical updates to install.
>

> Try the updates n0w
>
> <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/>
>

> I hope this post is helpful.
>
> Let us know how it works ┬║ut
> --
>

> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...f-2b8f95272f2b
>
> --
>

> "Carlo I2HLY" wrote:
>
> > I made a repair installation on Windows XP SP2 and now it tells updates are
> > available
> > to install.
> > I go for install but after a while I am told that some of them cannot be
> > installed and a list of about 80 failed updates is displayed.
> > In case I select "Custom install" ,after a while it displays just the
> > following error
> > not being able to install:
> > Strumento di verifica dell'originalit├* dei prodotti Windows (KB892130).
> > When I then shut down the PC it tries again to install but after a while the
> > PC shut down without installing anything.
> > Can anybody help?
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > Carlo

Engel

RE: Windows XP update do not install
Hello Carlo

That's good to hear, glad we were able to help.

Have a happy holiday season Carlo, and thanks for writing back
- -- ---

- -- ---