windows xp professional won't update

allie

windows xp professional won't update
Hi, I am trying to update this windows xp professional desktop and when I go
to windows update show me the message error

[Error number: 0x8007000B]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.

the computer is in a LAN environmet, i can navigate internet, I am
authenticated as a Lan user with administrator privileges.

Any suggestions?
Engel

RE: windows xp professional won't update
Hello Allie,

Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update Web
site on a Windows XP-based computer: "Windows Update has encountered an error
and cannot display the requested page"
<http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=914226>

This is for Vista, checkout anyway
Error message when you try to install updates on a Windows Vista-based
computer by using Windows Update or when you try to perform a backup: "Code
0x8007000b"
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939399/en-us>

Good luck

- -- --

"allie" wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to update this windows xp professional desktop and when I go
> to windows update show me the message error
>
> [Error number: 0x8007000B]
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
>

> the computer is in a LAN environmet, i can navigate internet, I am
> authenticated as a Lan user with administrator privileges.
>
> Any suggestions?

ngoc tu