RE: Windows update problem in Vista

Brandy Jean

"Brendon B" wrote:

> When i try and run windows update in Vista I get the following:
>
> Windows could not search for new updates
> Error(s) found:
> Code 80080005 Get help
>
> The "Get Help" resolutions have not fixed the problems.
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards
> Brendon

Brendon,

Did you ever get an answer as to how you can fix this? I read the thread
and it doesn't look like there is any suggestions. I get he same message and
I don't know what to do about it.
Thanks,
Brandy
Phil H

RE: Windows update problem in Vista
Did anybody find a solution?

"Brandy Jean" wrote:

> "Brendon B" wrote:
>
> > When i try and run windows update in Vista I get the following:
> >
> > Windows could not search for new updates
> > Error(s) found:
> > Code 80080005 Get help
> >
> > The "Get Help" resolutions have not fixed the problems.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Regards
> > Brendon

> Brendon,
>
> Did you ever get an answer as to how you can fix this? I read the thread
> and it doesn't look like there is any suggestions. I get he same message and
> I don't know what to do about it.
> Thanks,
> Brandy

Nigel Keeble

Windows Update
This whole situation is bonkers....I have exactley the same problem..I have been searching the net all day, without a solution, oy=ther than reload the OS...this problems seems to have been around for some considerable time...without a fix action by Microsoft!!!!!!
I am pulling my hair out with the standard response of visit the windows update site for a fix...thats exactley whats NOT working...does anyone know if SP1 fixes this issue...before a spend 5 hours trying to download it?
Tom [Pepper] Willett

Re: Windows Update
What situation?
What same problem?

You started a new thread without reply to the original, so what are you
talking about?

<Nigel Keeble> wrote in message news:200841015150thekeebles@ziweb.co.uk...
: This whole situation is bonkers....I have exactley the same problem..I
have been searching the net all day, without a solution, oy=ther than reload
the OS...this problems seems to have been around for some considerable
time...without a fix action by Microsoft!!!!!!
: I am pulling my hair out with the standard response of visit the windows
update site for a fix...thats exactley whats NOT working...does anyone know
if SP1 fixes this issue...before a spend 5 hours trying to download it?

toytracker_not_@hotmail.com

Re: Windows Update error 80080005
Hi Tom,

The subject line now reflects the problem, which I also have.

When I start Vista I get a message that: "Windows can't check for updates

Clicking on the "More information" balloon reveals gives me the chance to
"Check for Updates" - the green progress bar moves for a while but nothing
changes that I can see - no confirmation message or other error message. The
window also says:

Most Recent Check for Updates: 2/20/2008
Updates were installed: 3/13/2008

There's a button to "View Update History". Clicking this gives me more
confusing information, because a long list of updates shows up, mostly
"Definition Update for Windows Defender", and the status is listed as
"Successful" with an installed date (most recent is 4/12/2008). But if I
click on "Installed Updates", I get an empty explorer window that says "No
updates are installed on this computer"!

Windows Update has been set to "automatically download files, and notify me
when updates are ready to install". I've changed it to the "recommended"
setting to automatically download and install, at a time when I know the
computer is on.

So far, I've found lots of forum messages regarding this same error message,
but no remedies (including on any microsoft fora...).

I'm certainly open to any suggestions....

Rich