Windows Update is disabled

Chec

Windows Update is disabled
I have McAfee installed but got a notification "Windows Update is Disabled"
but when I click "enable", it prompts "An unexpected error was encountered
while enabling Windows Updating.."

Tried to update from Start menu, but gets Error 0x80070002 from Microsoft
website. Following all the steps suggested in the link "Read more about steps
you can take to resolve this problem (error number 0x80070002) yourself" but
when I tried the last step: start the automic update service via running
services.msc, it prompts " could not start the automatic update services on
local computer. Error 2: the system cannot find the file specified".

Any one knows how to fix it? please help me.

Thanks in advance
--
Chec
PA Bear

Re: Windows Update is disabled
Windows version?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

Chec wrote:
> I have McAfee installed but got a notification "Windows Update is
> Disabled"
> but when I click "enable", it prompts "An unexpected error was encountered
> while enabling Windows Updating.."
>
> Tried to update from Start menu, but gets Error 0x80070002 from Microsoft
> website. Following all the steps suggested in the link "Read more about
> steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number 0x80070002)
> yourself" but when I tried the last step: start the automic update service
> via running services.msc, it prompts " could not start the automatic
> update
> services on local computer. Error 2: the system cannot find the file
> specified".
>
> Any one knows how to fix it? please help me.
>
> Thanks in advance

Chec

Re: Windows Update is disabled
Sorry, forgot to tell. Windows XP SP2. Thanks.
--
Chec

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Windows version?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>
> Chec wrote:
> > I have McAfee installed but got a notification "Windows Update is
> > Disabled"
> > but when I click "enable", it prompts "An unexpected error was encountered
> > while enabling Windows Updating.."
> >
> > Tried to update from Start menu, but gets Error 0x80070002 from Microsoft
> > website. Following all the steps suggested in the link "Read more about
> > steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number 0x80070002)
> > yourself" but when I tried the last step: start the automic update service
> > via running services.msc, it prompts " could not start the automatic
> > update
> > services on local computer. Error 2: the system cannot find the file
> > specified".
> >
> > Any one knows how to fix it? please help me.
> >
> > Thanks in advance

Chec

Re: Windows Update is disabled
Win XP Pro SP2
--
Chec

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Windows version?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>
> Chec wrote:
> > I have McAfee installed but got a notification "Windows Update is
> > Disabled"
> > but when I click "enable", it prompts "An unexpected error was encountered
> > while enabling Windows Updating.."
> >
> > Tried to update from Start menu, but gets Error 0x80070002 from Microsoft
> > website. Following all the steps suggested in the link "Read more about
> > steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number 0x80070002)
> > yourself" but when I tried the last step: start the automic update service
> > via running services.msc, it prompts " could not start the automatic
> > update
> > services on local computer. Error 2: the system cannot find the file
> > specified".
> >
> > Any one knows how to fix it? please help me.
> >
> > Thanks in advance

PA Bear

Re: Windows Update is disabled
And is this sudden, new behavior or an ongoing problem?
--
~PA Bear