Error Code: 0x643

Ant

Error Code: 0x643
I'm getting Error Code: 0x643 for version Windows XP Professional. How do I
fix this problem?
TaurArian

RE: Error Code: 0x643
Usually associated with a Framework update?

When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, or 2.0,
you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or Windows Installer error
code "1603"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

If that's not the case Ant, please provide further information.

"Ant" wrote:

> I'm getting Error Code: 0x643 for version Windows XP Professional. How do I
> fix this problem?

PA Bear

Re: Error Code: 0x643
When are you getting the error and what are you attempting to install?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

Ant wrote:
> I'm getting Error Code: 0x643 for version Windows XP Professional. How do
> fix this problem?

Kat

RE: Error Code: 0x643
I get the same error when trying to install
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1
(KB928366)

I am using XP Home
"Ant" wrote:

> I'm getting Error Code: 0x643 for version Windows XP Professional. How do I
> fix this problem?

Ant

Re: Error Code: 0x643

"PA Bear" wrote:

> When are you getting the error and what are you attempting to install?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>
> Ant wrote:
> > I'm getting Error Code: 0x643 for version Windows XP Professional. How do
> > fix this problem?

Ant

RE: Error Code: 0x643
How do I fix the problem?

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Usually associated with a Framework update?
>
> When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, or 2.0,
> you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or Windows Installer error
> code "1603"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
>
> If that's not the case Ant, please provide further information.
>

> "Ant" wrote:
>
> > I'm getting Error Code: 0x643 for version Windows XP Professional. How do I
> > fix this problem?

Ant

RE: Error Code: 0x643
I went to the website but I'm unable to install the .NET Framework 1.0
Service Pack 3, on the website that you gave me. I was able to install the
other 4 programs though. I'm still unable to install the security update
service pack 1.1 I think that's what it's called that was the cause of the
0x643 error message.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Usually associated with a Framework update?
>
> When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, or 2.0,
> you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or Windows Installer error
> code "1603"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
>
> If that's not the case Ant, please provide further information.
>

> "Ant" wrote:
>
> > I'm getting Error Code: 0x643 for version Windows XP Professional. How do I
> > fix this problem?

PA Bear

Re: Error Code: 0x643

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

Ant wrote:
> I went to the website but I'm unable to install the .NET Framework 1.0
> Service Pack 3, on the website that you gave me. I was able to install
> the
> other 4 programs though. I'm still unable to install the security update
> service pack 1.1 I think that's what it's called that was the cause of the
> 0x643 error message.
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
>> Usually associated with a Framework update?
>>
>> When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, or
>> 2.0,
>> you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or Windows Installer
>> error code "1603"
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
>>
>> If that's not the case Ant, please provide further information.
>>

>> "Ant" wrote:
>>
>>> I'm getting Error Code: 0x643 for version Windows XP Professional. How
>>> do I fix this problem?

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Error Code: 0x643
"Ant" <Ant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1

<cmd_output OS="XPsp2">
F:\>set /a c = 0x643
1603
F:\>net helpmsg %c%

Fatal error during installation.
</cmd_output>

Looks like you need to go into the logs and find the real problem.
This is undoubtedly just a summary code for a more significant
message which would have been issued earlier there.

BTW there is an abundance of diagnostics available with these installs
if you look for it. If you're lucky you might even find a more precise clue
more easily in the Event log or if you install the same update manually
you may get shown some messages which get suppressed by doing
the install automatically. Also, when you do an manual install you have
the option of invoking verbose logging, if it is not already in effect.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> When are you getting the error and what are you attempting to install?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>>
>> Ant wrote:
>> > I'm getting Error Code: 0x643 for version Windows XP Professional. How do
>> > fix this problem?

franciscopola

RE: Error Code: 0x643