installed SP1 now it says i have evaluation copy

currysteph

installed SP1 now it says i have evaluation copy
downloaded and installed SP1 this morning now i have text (windows version
number) above the clock that says my copy is an evaluation copy...which it
isnt...what would cause this and is my machine going to ask for a product key
again
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: installed SP1 now it says i have evaluation copy
Did you install SP-1 for Windows Vista?
If yes, then you do have an Evaluation copy.

SP-1 is still a Beta which means it is in testing and is time bombed.
The message you see is a reminder.
You will probably need to uninstall the Beta before installing the
final version when it is released early next year.
More details are available at the Microsoft site you obtained the
Beta.

If you are not intending to use your computer for testing, uninstall
the Beta by go into the control panel
Click Programs/Uninstall a program

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"currysteph" <currystephATgmailDOTcom.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> downloaded and installed SP1 this morning now i have text (windows
> version
> number) above the clock that says my copy is an evaluation
> copy...which it
> isnt...what would cause this and is my machine going to ask for a
> product key
> again

currysteph

Re: installed SP1 now it says i have evaluation copy
thanks...i guess i didnt realize the service pack was a beta...i looked in
the programs and feature program (in control panel) but didnt see an entry
for the service pack...should there be one...otherwise how do i uninstall it

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Did you install SP-1 for Windows Vista?
> If yes, then you do have an Evaluation copy.
>
> SP-1 is still a Beta which means it is in testing and is time bombed.
> The message you see is a reminder.
> You will probably need to uninstall the Beta before installing the
> final version when it is released early next year.
> More details are available at the Microsoft site you obtained the
> Beta.
>
> If you are not intending to use your computer for testing, uninstall
> the Beta by go into the control panel
> Click Programs/Uninstall a program
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>

> "currysteph" <currystephATgmailDOTcom.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> > downloaded and installed SP1 this morning now i have text (windows
> > version
> > number) above the clock that says my copy is an evaluation
> > copy...which it
> > isnt...what would cause this and is my machine going to ask for a
> > product key
> > again

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: installed SP1 now it says i have evaluation copy
Make sure "View installed updates" is checked.
then look for "Service Pack for Windows (KB936330)"

--

> thanks...i guess i didnt realize the service pack was a beta...i
> looked in
> the programs and feature program (in control panel) but didnt see an
> entry
> for the service pack...should there be one...otherwise how do i
> uninstall it
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Did you install SP-1 for Windows Vista?
>> If yes, then you do have an Evaluation copy.
>>
>> SP-1 is still a Beta which means it is in testing and is time
>> bombed.
>> The message you see is a reminder.
>> You will probably need to uninstall the Beta before installing the
>> final version when it is released early next year.
>> More details are available at the Microsoft site you obtained the
>> Beta.
>>
>> If you are not intending to use your computer for testing,
>> uninstall
>> the Beta by go into the control panel
>> Click Programs/Uninstall a program
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>>

>> "currysteph" <currystephATgmailDOTcom.(donotspam)> wrote in message
>> > downloaded and installed SP1 this morning now i have text
>> > (windows
>> > version
>> > number) above the clock that says my copy is an evaluation
>> > copy...which it
>> > isnt...what would cause this and is my machine going to ask for a
>> > product key
>> > again

currysteph

Re: installed SP1 now it says i have evaluation copy
ah...didnt think to look over at the sidebar for that....i did a system
restore which i guess is the same difference....anyway i seem to be back to
normal now

thanks