KB942615

northernboy45

KB942615
This security update for internet explorer 7 in vista was recently installed
on my PC and stopped IE7 from connecting to the net. Uninstalling the update
restored my internet access. Is this a common prpblem?
Ottmar Freudenberger

Re: KB942615
"northernboy45" <northernboy45@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:

> This security update for internet explorer 7 in vista was recently installed
> on my PC and stopped IE7 from connecting to the net. Uninstalling the update
> restored my internet access. Is this a common prpblem?

Some kind of common for Vista. See
http://vega.rd.no/article/vista-upda...our-connection
but please have also http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942818/en-us in mind.

Bye,
Freudi
Barryware

RE: KB942615
I have 4 XP rigs & 1 MCE 2005 rig. The update disabled internet access to ALL
of the XP rigs. The MCE rig was not affected. Uninstalling the update
restored internet access to all of my affected computers.
I hope Microsoft is listening.

"northernboy45" wrote:

> This security update for internet explorer 7 in vista was recently installed
> on my PC and stopped IE7 from connecting to the net. Uninstalling the update
> restored my internet access. Is this a common prpblem?

Milo \(MSPSS\)

Re: KB942615
Yes Microsoft is listening, If you allow them to assist you with this
concerns please call
866 727 2338 ( Microsoft Security ) Toll Free and Free Support.

"Barryware" <Barryware@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news3B14F7C-B704-448B-B015-C31FEBA396F7@microsoft.com...
>I have 4 XP rigs & 1 MCE 2005 rig. The update disabled internet access to
>ALL
> of the XP rigs. The MCE rig was not affected. Uninstalling the update
> restored internet access to all of my affected computers.
> I hope Microsoft is listening.
>
> "northernboy45" wrote:
>
>> This security update for internet explorer 7 in vista was recently
>> installed
>> on my PC and stopped IE7 from connecting to the net. Uninstalling the
>> update
>> restored my internet access. Is this a common prpblem?

PA Bear

Re: KB942615
Error message after you install a Windows Internet Explorer 7 update from
Windows Update or from Microsoft Update: "Webpage cannot be displayed":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942818

If tweaking your third-party firewall's settings don't help, try the
following:

1. Disable your anti-virus application, any real-time protection provided by
an anti-spyware application (except for Windows Defender; includes Spybot
Tea Timer, SpySweeper Guards, AVG AS guard.exe, etc.), disable any
third-party firewall AND enable the Windows Firewall.

browsing; reading email; chatting) except #4 below until your anti-virus
application has been re-enabled! If you're running ZA Free firewall, you
may need to uninstall it instead of disabling it.

2. Uninstall "Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB942615)"
via Add/Remove Programs (make sure Show Updates box is checked at top right)
and reboot.

3. Re-do #1 above.

4. Go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and install any Critical Updates
offered. If "Root Certificates" update is listed in the Optional Updates
category, you might install it, too, to take full advantage of IE7's
additional security.

5. Reboot > Make sure everything in #1 above is enabled again and, if
applicable, disable the Windows Firewall and enable your third-party
firewall.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

northernboy45 wrote:
> This security update for internet explorer 7 in vista was recently
> installed
> on my PC and stopped IE7 from connecting to the net. Uninstalling the
> update restored my internet access. Is this a common prpblem?

MactheKnife

RE: KB942615
Yes, this is a very common problem. I also note that the System Restore
function is disabled and by the way SP1 for Vista will not install correctly!
The only attempt I have seen at a fix is from Panda UK Security:

Click on the Start button
In the search bar at the bottom of the screen type CMD
Now press and hold the Shift+CTRL & press Enter
Vista will need permission to elevate this. Click Continue
A black DOS box will appear
Type the following: netsh winsock reset
Press enter
A message will appear confirming that the Winsock layers have been reset.
Type Exit and press enter
Restart your pc and check your internet connection

Not tried it yet but could be a solution.

"northernboy45" wrote:

> This security update for internet explorer 7 in vista was recently installed
> on my PC and stopped IE7 from connecting to the net. Uninstalling the update
> restored my internet access. Is this a common prpblem?

Re: KB942615
Thanks Robert...this worked for me. I can now view webpages on my XP sp2 IE7
system. My question is...do I "have" to install KB942615? I just have a home
computer.

northernboy45 wrote:
> This security update for internet explorer 7 in vista was recently
> installed
> on my PC and stopped IE7 from connecting to the net. Uninstalling the
> update restored my internet access. Is this a common prpblem?

PA Bear

Re: KB942615
942615/MS07-069 addresses four (4) known vulnerabilities in IE, so yes, you
should install it and any other critical updates.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/