Trouble with Office 2007 SP1? (Error code 78F)

Faz

Trouble with Office 2007 SP1? (Error code 78F)
Simple solution, without turning anything off, or inserting support discs.
Goto http://office.microsoft.com and download SP1 from there. Save to pc and
install from pc, it will solve any conflicting programs.
I ran it twice the first time it failed but stoped the conflicting program,
second time I ran it installed straight away and quick.

Hope this helps anyone with problems.

Faz

deniz tuzcuoğlu

Re: Trouble with Office 2007 SP1? (Error code 78F)
Hi !
Eventhoug I tried your suggestion,It didn't work and again The 78f
code error has occurred..
Do you have any other suggestion ??
Faz

Re: Trouble with Office 2007 SP1? (Error code 78F)
Sorry it did not work for you Deniz,

It worked for me, I downloaded from web site then you have to accept license
agreement.
then run the program, after it fails it should say windows is finding a
solution. I left it for a few mins and then run it again, the program that
shut down was IE. it loaded no problem.
there are also other sugestions on other threads, but this is the only one
that has worked for me. because i do not have support discs for off 2007

"deniz tuzcuoğlu" wrote:

> Hi !
> Eventhoug I tried your suggestion,It didn't work and again The 78f
> code error has occurred..
> Do you have any other suggestion ??

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Trouble with Office 2007 SP1? (Error code 78F)
Office SP-1 will be the same regardless where on microsoft.com you
start the link.
They will all go to the same place.
If you had success with one and not another, something else was also
happening to cause the change.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Faz" <Faz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Simple solution, without turning anything off, or inserting support
> discs.
> Goto http://office.microsoft.com and download SP1 from there. Save
> to pc and
> install from pc, it will solve any conflicting programs.
> I ran it twice the first time it failed but stoped the conflicting
> program,
> second time I ran it installed straight away and quick.
>
> Hope this helps anyone with problems.
>
> Faz

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Trouble with Office 2007 SP1? (Error code 78F)
Several are having the problem.

Have you ever run any type of registry cleaner such as CCleaner?
Some solve it by disabling anti virus.
Also disable any spyware removers, download accelerators and anything
else unnecessary running.
Then insert the Office 2007 DVD before going to Windows/Microsoft
Update.

Try repairing Office 2007
Go to Programs/Add Remove Programs in the control Panel and Select
Office 2007
From there take the option to "Repair".

Please post back with success or failure.

--

"deniz tuzcuoglu" <tuzcuogludeniz@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi !
> Eventhoug I tried your suggestion,It didn't work and again The 78f
> code error has occurred..
> Do you have any other suggestion ??

student

Re: Trouble with Office 2007 SP1? (Error code 78F)
I don't have the DVD since I have an OEM preinstalled version of vista and
office!
Do I need to installa the Microsoft Installer 3.1 (MSI 3.1) first before
installing the SP1 when I am using Vista OS...?? I read that Microsoft
Installer 3.1 (MSI 3.1) has to be installed first but not sure if that is
needed when using Vista..??

Therefore I tried to installa Microsoft Installer 3.1 (MSI 3.1) and got the
error message, (translated from swedish) that there is not enough free memory
to execute the comando! That seem strange since I have over 163 gig in free
space on the hard drive. What can be wrong? And do I have to installa
Microsoft Installer 3.1 (MSI 3.1) before installin SP1 when using Vista OS or
is that information only valid vor XP..??

Best regards
--
Vistaproblem

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Several are having the problem.
>
> Have you ever run any type of registry cleaner such as CCleaner?
> Some solve it by disabling anti virus.
> Also disable any spyware removers, download accelerators and anything
> else unnecessary running.
> Then insert the Office 2007 DVD before going to Windows/Microsoft
> Update.
>
> Try repairing Office 2007
> Go to Programs/Add Remove Programs in the control Panel and Select
> Office 2007
> From there take the option to "Repair".
>
> Please post back with success or failure.
>

> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>

> "deniz tuzcuoglu" <tuzcuogludeniz@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi !
> > Eventhoug I tried your suggestion,It didn't work and again The 78f
> > code error has occurred..
> > Do you have any other suggestion ??

student

Re: Trouble with Office 2007 SP1? (Error code 78F)
I don't have the DVD since I have an OEM preinstalled version of vista and
office!
Do I need to install the Microsoft Installer 3.1 (MSI 3.1) first before
installing the SP1 when I am using Vista OS...?? I read that Microsoft
Installer 3.1 (MSI 3.1) has to be installed first but not sure if that is
needed when using Vista..??

Therefore I tried to install Microsoft Installer 3.1 (MSI 3.1) and got the
error message, (translated from Swedish) that there is not enough free memory
to execute the commando! That seems strange since I have over 163 gig in free
space on the hard drive. What can be wrong? And do I have to install
Microsoft Installer 3.1 (MSI 3.1) before installing SP1 when using Vista OS
or is that information only valid for XP..??

Best regards

--
Vistaproblem