Microsoft errors and crashes during update

RRB

Microsoft errors and crashes during update

Computer responds poorly microsoft programs wont open documents updates
crashes computer before complete install microsoft office disk will not
install microsoft works gives a message that it cant open documents maybe the
its in use by another application file converters are not installed or the
file might be corrupt then it opens a blank start page ,microsoft picture
veiwer says its not installed on this computer for this user .I have ran
microsoft malicious software remover .Scanned my whole computer with
antivirus .Both found nothing wrong.I was having trouble opening http mail
but seemed to have it working sometimes anyway

Shenan Stanley

Re: Microsoft errors and crashes during update
RRB wrote:
> Computer responds poorly microsoft programs wont open documents
> updates crashes computer before complete install microsoft office
> disk will not install microsoft works gives a message that it cant
> open documents maybe the its in use by another application file
> converters are not installed or the file might be corrupt then it
> opens a blank start page ,microsoft picture veiwer says its not
> installed on this computer for this user .I have ran microsoft
> malicious software remover .Scanned my whole computer with
> antivirus .Both found nothing wrong.I was having trouble opening
> http mail but seemed to have it working sometimes anyway

You have described a ton of different symptoms that could be anything
without something to base it on.

What operating system are you running?
What service pack (if applicable) are you patched up to?
What are the system hardware specs (general - like CPU speed, hard disk
drive space (and free space), amount of memory, etc)?
What is your level of computer troubleshooting capability?
How are you ate following precise instructions when it comes to fixing
computer issues?
What version of Internet Explorer do you have installed?
What antivirus application do you utilize and do you keep it up to date?
What antispyware applications do you utilize and have you scanned with
several of them as of late?
What other maintenance do you do normally/periodically?

What happened?
When did it happen?
What have you done to try and correct it?
If you get error messages - what are they?

Be as specific as plausible - only YOU can see your screen.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

RRB

Re: Microsoft errors and crashes during update
I have windows xp ,Ie 7 , sp2 patch ,Outlook express 6 think my speed is 256
dsl ,i have 21 gb of used space on my c/drive ,10 gb of free space ,when I
try to open up my c/drive it says its not a valid win32application, my disk
defragmenter wont do anything when i try to run it ,Im logged on as the
administrator ,Apparently my level of trouble shooting computer problems is
minumum