KB934238 Fails to Install--how to try to install again?

Kevin

KB934238 Fails to Install--how to try to install again?
When I ran Windows update, KB934238 failed to install. Clicking on the X?
tell me to try and install again, however I don't understand how to do this.
When I run "check for updates", I don't see this update listed. I don't see a
sucessful installation listed in the Update History for this update. How do I
try and install it again, and why isn't Windows update listing it as an
uninstalled update under check for updates?

thanks, Kevin
PA Bear

Re: KB934238 Fails to Install--how to try to install again?
Windows version?

Are you (1) running a non-English version of Windows *and* (2) do you have a
Unidrv-based printer installed *and* (3) is Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
installed *and* (4) does some text in the print dialog box appear in English
on occasion?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

Kevin wrote:
> When I ran Windows update, KB934238 failed to install. Clicking on the X?
> tell me to try and install again, however I don't understand how to do
> this.
> When I run "check for updates", I don't see this update listed. I don't
> see
> a sucessful installation listed in the Update History for this update. How
> do I try and install it again, and why isn't Windows update listing it as
> an
> uninstalled update under check for updates?
>
> thanks, Kevin

Bob-Alamo, CA

Re: KB934238 Fails to Install--how to try to install again?
Not the person who originated the thread but I have the same problem. I'm
running XP Pro, English version, but I do have .NET Framework 3.0 installed.

Bob

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Windows version?
>
> Are you (1) running a non-English version of Windows *and* (2) do you have a
> Unidrv-based printer installed *and* (3) is Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
> installed *and* (4) does some text in the print dialog box appear in English
> on occasion?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>

> Kevin wrote:
> > When I ran Windows update, KB934238 failed to install. Clicking on the X?
> > tell me to try and install again, however I don't understand how to do
> > this.
> > When I run "check for updates", I don't see this update listed. I don't
> > see
> > a sucessful installation listed in the Update History for this update. How
> > do I try and install it again, and why isn't Windows update listing it as
> > an
> > uninstalled update under check for updates?
> >
> > thanks, Kevin

Kevin

Re: KB934238 Fails to Install--how to try to install again?
No, I am not running a non-English version ofWindows, I don't have any
printers installed. I do have >NET Framework 3.0 installed.

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Windows version?
>
> Are you (1) running a non-English version of Windows *and* (2) do you have a
> Unidrv-based printer installed *and* (3) is Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
> installed *and* (4) does some text in the print dialog box appear in English
> on occasion?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>

> Kevin wrote:
> > When I ran Windows update, KB934238 failed to install. Clicking on the X?
> > tell me to try and install again, however I don't understand how to do
> > this.
> > When I run "check for updates", I don't see this update listed. I don't
> > see
> > a sucessful installation listed in the Update History for this update. How
> > do I try and install it again, and why isn't Windows update listing it as
> > an
> > uninstalled update under check for updates?
> >
> > thanks, Kevin

PA Bear

Re: KB934238 Fails to Install--how to try to install again?
Then you don't need the update.

1. Stop the Automatic Updates service:

Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Stop
(Stopping the service will take a moment)

2. Delete the contents of the Download folder:

Start > Run > (type in) %windir%\SoftwareDistribution > [OK]
Open the Download folder and delete its contents
Close the window.

3. Go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and run a CUSTOM scan >
Uncheck/deselect KB934238 and "hide" it.

4. Start the Automatic Updates service:

Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Start
(Starting the service will take a moment)
--
~PA Bear