Windows Update Errors

mcfluffy

Windows Update Errors
My computer will not install the following windows updates and displayes the
following error codes,

KB941649 - error 80073701
KB491600 - error 800F0826
KB943078 - error 800F0826
KB942624 - error 800F0826
KB941568 - error 800F0826
KB941569 - error 800F0826
KB943078 - error 80073701
KB942624 - error 800F0826
KB941569 - error 800F0826
KB941568 - error 800F0826

Does anyone have any ideas as to possible problems or solutions? Many thanks

PA Bear

Re: Windows Update Errors
Please see this page http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm then post back to this
thread with the information we'd need to be able to assist you properly.

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

mcfluffy wrote:
> My computer will not install the following windows updates and displayes
> the
> following error codes,
>
> KB941649 - error 80073701
> KB491600 - error 800F0826
> KB943078 - error 800F0826
> KB942624 - error 800F0826
> KB941568 - error 800F0826
> KB941569 - error 800F0826
> KB943078 - error 80073701
> KB942624 - error 800F0826
> KB941569 - error 800F0826
> KB941568 - error 800F0826
>
> Does anyone have any ideas as to possible problems or solutions? Many
> thanks

bullfrog

RE: Windows Update Errors

"mcfluffy" wrote:

> My computer will not install the following windows updates and displayes the
> following error codes,
>
> KB941649 - error 80073701
> KB491600 - error 800F0826
> KB943078 - error 800F0826
> KB942624 - error 800F0826
> KB941568 - error 800F0826
> KB941569 - error 800F0826
> KB943078 - error 80073701
> KB942624 - error 800F0826
> KB941569 - error 800F0826
> KB941568 - error 800F0826
>
> Does anyone have any ideas as to possible problems or solutions? Many thanks

mcfluffy

Re: Windows Update Errors
I am using Vista Home Premium 32 bit. Windows update runs and all the updates
seem to install automatically. However when I restart my computer to complete
installation things don’t seem to go to plan. My computer will have two or
three attempts at restarting and displays “configuring updates”.
I have had no previous problems installing updates until this batch were
released.
Eventually windows will start and when I go into the update centre I see the
updates have failed. The error message for each update is shown below. No
other details for the failure are displayed apart from the error code.
KB941649 - error 80073701
KB491600 - error 800F0826
KB943078 - error 800F0826
KB942624 - error 800F0826
KB941568 - error 800F0826
KB941569 - error 800F0826
KB943078 - error 80073701
KB942624 - error 800F0826
KB941569 - error 800F0826
KB941568 - error 800F0826
If you need any more information please let me know.
Many Thanks
Alistair

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Please see this page http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm then post back to this
> thread with the information we'd need to be able to assist you properly.
>
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>
> mcfluffy wrote:
> > My computer will not install the following windows updates and displayes
> > the
> > following error codes,
> >
> > KB941649 - error 80073701
> > KB491600 - error 800F0826
> > KB943078 - error 800F0826
> > KB942624 - error 800F0826
> > KB941568 - error 800F0826
> > KB941569 - error 800F0826
> > KB943078 - error 80073701
> > KB942624 - error 800F0826
> > KB941569 - error 800F0826
> > KB941568 - error 800F0826
> >
> > Does anyone have any ideas as to possible problems or solutions? Many
> > thanks

PA Bear

Re: Windows Update Errors

Support for Windows Update:

Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from
Microsoft Product Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no-charge for
support calls that are associated with security updates. When you call,
clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
update's KB number (e.g., KB931678).

In other countries, see
http://support.microsoft.com/default...r=securityhome > "No-Charge
Support...for virus and other security-related" issues in right-hand menu
for localized contact information.

For more information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues,
visit the International Support Web site:
https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

mcfluffy wrote:
> I am using Vista Home Premium 32 bit. Windows update runs and all the
> updates seem to install automatically. However when I restart my computer
> to complete installation things don’t seem to go to plan. My computer
> will have two or three attempts at restarting and displays “configuring
> updates”.
> I have had no previous problems installing updates until this batch were
> released.
> Eventually windows will start and when I go into the update centre I see
> the
> updates have failed. The error message for each update is shown below. No
> other details for the failure are displayed apart from the error code.
> KB941649 - error 80073701
> KB491600 - error 800F0826
> KB943078 - error 800F0826
> KB942624 - error 800F0826
> KB941568 - error 800F0826
> KB941569 - error 800F0826
> KB943078 - error 80073701
> KB942624 - error 800F0826
> KB941569 - error 800F0826
> KB941568 - error 800F0826
> If you need any more information please let me know.
> Many Thanks
> Alistair
>

> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> Please see this page http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm then post back to
>> this thread with the information we'd need to be able to assist you
>> properly.
>>
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>>
>> mcfluffy wrote:
>>> My computer will not install the following windows updates and displayes
>>> the
>>> following error codes,
>>>
>>> KB941649 - error 80073701
>>> KB491600 - error 800F0826
>>> KB943078 - error 800F0826
>>> KB942624 - error 800F0826
>>> KB941568 - error 800F0826
>>> KB941569 - error 800F0826
>>> KB943078 - error 80073701
>>> KB942624 - error 800F0826
>>> KB941569 - error 800F0826
>>> KB941568 - error 800F0826
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any ideas as to possible problems or solutions? Many
>>> thanks

Mystico3

Re: Windows Update Errors
Why is the consumer being forced to jump through hoops to install this?
MICROSOFT, FIND OUT THE PROBLEM AND RESEND THE UPDATE!!!!!!!

ARRRRRRRGH VEEEEEEEEEEEEESTA!!!!

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Support for Windows Update:
>
> Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from
> Microsoft Product Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no-charge for
> support calls that are associated with security updates. When you call,
> clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
> update's KB number (e.g., KB931678).
>
> In other countries, see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...r=securityhome > "No-Charge
> Support...for virus and other security-related" issues in right-hand menu
> for localized contact information.
>
> For more information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues,
> visit the International Support Web site:
> https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>
> mcfluffy wrote:
> > I am using Vista Home Premium 32 bit. Windows update runs and all the
> > updates seem to install automatically. However when I restart my computer
> > to complete installation things don’t seem to go to plan. My computer
> > will have two or three attempts at restarting and displays “configuring
> > updates”.
> > I have had no previous problems installing updates until this batch were
> > released.
> > Eventually windows will start and when I go into the update centre I see
> > the
> > updates have failed. The error message for each update is shown below. No
> > other details for the failure are displayed apart from the error code.
> > KB941649 - error 80073701
> > KB491600 - error 800F0826
> > KB943078 - error 800F0826
> > KB942624 - error 800F0826
> > KB941568 - error 800F0826
> > KB941569 - error 800F0826
> > KB943078 - error 80073701
> > KB942624 - error 800F0826
> > KB941569 - error 800F0826
> > KB941568 - error 800F0826
> > If you need any more information please let me know.
> > Many Thanks
> > Alistair
> >

> > "PA Bear" wrote:
> >
> >> Please see this page http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm then post back to
> >> this thread with the information we'd need to be able to assist you
> >> properly.
> >>
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> >> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> >> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

TaurArian

Re: Windows Update Errors