Error code 78f

Faz

Error code 78f
I have a pre installed office 2007 OEM, so no discs. how can i install SP1 on
Vista home prem?
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Error code 78f
Several are having the problem.
Most solve it by disabling anti virus and inserting the Office 2007
DVD before going to Windows/Microsoft Update.
If you have no media, how do you reinstall Office or Windows?
Id Office 2007 a trial that came with the computer?
If so it will eventually expire, about 60 or 90 days IIRC.

Also disable any spyware removers, download accelerators and anything
else unnecessary running.

Please post back with success or failure.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Faz" <Faz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news9EE7391-335E-4CC7-B721-B136244F43E1@microsoft.com...
>I have a pre installed office 2007 OEM, so no discs. how can i
>install SP1 on
> Vista home prem?

Faz

Re: Error code 78f
No I have turned all off and still wont install. This is a new Sony laptop
(not a week old) so I do not have hardly anything installed apart from office
and antivirus.
I am running windows vista home prem, which has no support discs. I have
made a recovery set of discs. From what I am aware new laptops do not
normally have support discs, is that correct?
My office 2007 is a small buisness set up, i.e. when I bought the laptop
they pre install 2007 and I get the microsoft license in the post. its called
Microsoft OEM Software.
My antivirus is Windows Live One Care, and I also run PC Tools Spyware Doctor.
All were turned off, and still failed to intall.

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Several are having the problem.
> Most solve it by disabling anti virus and inserting the Office 2007
> DVD before going to Windows/Microsoft Update.
> If you have no media, how do you reinstall Office or Windows?
> Id Office 2007 a trial that came with the computer?
> If so it will eventually expire, about 60 or 90 days IIRC.
>
> Also disable any spyware removers, download accelerators and anything
> else unnecessary running.
>
> Please post back with success or failure.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>

> "Faz" <Faz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news9EE7391-335E-4CC7-B721-B136244F43E1@microsoft.com...
> >I have a pre installed office 2007 OEM, so no discs. how can i
> >install SP1 on
> > Vista home prem?

TKH

Re: Error code 78f
Just to confirm that Vista Ultimate 32bit, is installing the SP1 for
Office2007 when Office DVD is inserted and Trend Micro Antivirus 2008 is
disabled.
--
Torben K. Holmelund

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Several are having the problem.
> Most solve it by disabling anti virus and inserting the Office 2007
> DVD before going to Windows/Microsoft Update.
> If you have no media, how do you reinstall Office or Windows?
> Id Office 2007 a trial that came with the computer?
> If so it will eventually expire, about 60 or 90 days IIRC.
>
> Also disable any spyware removers, download accelerators and anything
> else unnecessary running.
>
> Please post back with success or failure.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>

> "Faz" <Faz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news9EE7391-335E-4CC7-B721-B136244F43E1@microsoft.com...
> >I have a pre installed office 2007 OEM, so no discs. how can i
> >install SP1 on
> > Vista home prem?

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Error code 78f
Torben;
Try repairing Office 2007
Go to Programs in the control Panel and Select Office 2007
From there take the option to "Repair".

--

"TKH" <TKH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just to confirm that Vista Ultimate 32bit, is installing the SP1 for
> Office2007 when Office DVD is inserted and Trend Micro Antivirus
> 2008 is
> disabled.
> --
> Torben K. Holmelund
>

> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Several are having the problem.
>> Most solve it by disabling anti virus and inserting the Office 2007
>> DVD before going to Windows/Microsoft Update.
>> If you have no media, how do you reinstall Office or Windows?
>> Id Office 2007 a trial that came with the computer?
>> If so it will eventually expire, about 60 or 90 days IIRC.
>>
>> Also disable any spyware removers, download accelerators and
>> anything
>> else unnecessary running.
>>
>> Please post back with success or failure.
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Error code 78f
Has you or anyone else ever used a registry cleaner?
Or have you found viruses or other malware on the computer?

If not, can you contact me directly by Email using the "E-Mail me"
link on this page:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/feedback.htm
I may be able to point you toward a resolution.
If you remove the "1" in the address, I should get your message
faster.