Office SP1

I have been trying to install Office SP1 through windows update for 2 days
now and it keeps failing with the erroor code 78F. I was wndering if anyone
else is having problems with it, or is there a solution out there?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Stewart
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Office SP1
Stewart;
Several are having the problem.
Most solve it by disabling anti virus and inserting the Office 2007
DVD before going to Windows/Microsoft Update.

Also disable any spyware removers, download accelerators and anything
else unnecessary running.

Please post back with success or failure.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Office SP1" <Office SP1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been trying to install Office SP1 through windows update for 2
>days
> now and it keeps failing with the erroor code 78F. I was wndering if
> anyone
> else is having problems with it, or is there a solution out there?
>
> Thanks for any help anyone can give.
>
> Stewart

Office SP1

Re: Office SP1
i tried what you sujested Jupiter Jones but i still get the same out come.
thanx for helping.

stewart

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Stewart;
> Several are having the problem.
> Most solve it by disabling anti virus and inserting the Office 2007
> DVD before going to Windows/Microsoft Update.
>
> Also disable any spyware removers, download accelerators and anything
> else unnecessary running.
>
> Please post back with success or failure.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>

> "Office SP1" <Office SP1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have been trying to install Office SP1 through windows update for 2
> >days
> > now and it keeps failing with the erroor code 78F. I was wndering if
> > anyone
> > else is having problems with it, or is there a solution out there?
> >
> > Thanks for any help anyone can give.
> >
> > Stewart

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Office SP1
Stewart;
Try repairing Office 2007
Go to Programs in the control Panel and Select Office 2007
From there take the option to "Repair".

>i tried what you sujested Jupiter Jones but i still get the same out
>come.
> thanx for helping.
>
> stewart

Doug

Re: Office SP1
Hi,

I have been having the same problem. I have taken the action that Jupiter
has kindly suggested all A/V, spyware and firewalls off (boy did that make me
nervous) no change to problem, repaired again no change.

I am using the trial version of Office which came preinstalled on my laptop
and am evaluating weather to keep it or go back to 2003 I was under the
impression this was a full version with no restrictions other than at the end
of trial period you either paid for it or it became unuseable.

I would hope that if MS want us to evaluate this would include all updates
and that this is not the problem.

It would also be extremely helpful that if the error code is 78F they might
tell us what this code actually is.

Cheers Doug

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Stewart;
> Try repairing Office 2007
> Go to Programs in the control Panel and Select Office 2007
> From there take the option to "Repair".
>
> Please post back with success or failure.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>

> "Office SP1" <OfficeSP1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i tried what you sujested Jupiter Jones but i still get the same out
> >come.
> > thanx for helping.
> >
> > stewart

Peter Foldes

Re: Office SP1
Trial Version?? Do you have the Trial version install disk ? You need to insert that disk into your CD\DVD-ROM when installing SP1

If you do not have the disk then you are not able to install the SP1

--
Peter

"Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D1ED715-F1DF-4183-8F3F-A49910447371@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have been having the same problem. I have taken the action that Jupiter
> has kindly suggested all A/V, spyware and firewalls off (boy did that make me
> nervous) no change to problem, repaired again no change.
>
> I am using the trial version of Office which came preinstalled on my laptop
> and am evaluating weather to keep it or go back to 2003 I was under the
> impression this was a full version with no restrictions other than at the end
> of trial period you either paid for it or it became unuseable.
>
> I would hope that if MS want us to evaluate this would include all updates
> and that this is not the problem.
>
> It would also be extremely helpful that if the error code is 78F they might
> tell us what this code actually is.
>
> Cheers Doug
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Stewart;
>> Try repairing Office 2007
>> Go to Programs in the control Panel and Select Office 2007
>> From there take the option to "Repair".
>>
>> Please post back with success or failure.
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>>

>> "Office SP1" <OfficeSP1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i tried what you sujested Jupiter Jones but i still get the same out
>> >come.
>> > thanx for helping.
>> >
>> > stewart

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Office SP1
I honestly do not know if the trial should get updates.
However I would be surprised if not.
Can the trial version be activated?
If so and it is not, activate then try.

I realize with trial there is no media so it is obvious you need to
skip that step.

I assume you have rebooted since you tried the suggestions in my two
posts?

If you still have problems after you have tried all, please contact me
at "E-Mail me" link on this page:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/feedback.htm
I may be able to put point you to a source of resolution.
Drop the "1" in that address and I will get your message quicker.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have been having the same problem. I have taken the action that
> Jupiter
> has kindly suggested all A/V, spyware and firewalls off (boy did
> that make me
> nervous) no change to problem, repaired again no change.
>
> I am using the trial version of Office which came preinstalled on my
> laptop
> and am evaluating weather to keep it or go back to 2003 I was under
> the
> impression this was a full version with no restrictions other than
> at the end
> of trial period you either paid for it or it became unuseable.
>
> I would hope that if MS want us to evaluate this would include all
> updates
> and that this is not the problem.
>
> It would also be extremely helpful that if the error code is 78F
> they might
> tell us what this code actually is.
>
> Cheers Doug
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Stewart;
>> Try repairing Office 2007
>> Go to Programs in the control Panel and Select Office 2007
>> From there take the option to "Repair".
>>
>> Please post back with success or failure.
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>>

>> "Office SP1" <OfficeSP1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i tried what you sujested Jupiter Jones but i still get the same
>> >out
>> >come.
>> > thanx for helping.
>> >
>> > stewart

tissy

Re: Office SP1
I have this same problem also. I have tried your responses, they have failed
me. I am running Vista Home premium,32-bit. I purchased the full version of
office 2007. I have tried disabling all firewalls / virus programs ( i run
windows ONECARE).

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> I honestly do not know if the trial should get updates.
> However I would be surprised if not.
> Can the trial version be activated?
> If so and it is not, activate then try.
>
> I realize with trial there is no media so it is obvious you need to
> skip that step.
>
> I assume you have rebooted since you tried the suggestions in my two
> posts?
>
> If you still have problems after you have tried all, please contact me
> at "E-Mail me" link on this page:
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/feedback.htm
> I may be able to put point you to a source of resolution.
> Drop the "1" in that address and I will get your message quicker.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>

> "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been having the same problem. I have taken the action that
> > Jupiter
> > has kindly suggested all A/V, spyware and firewalls off (boy did
> > that make me
> > nervous) no change to problem, repaired again no change.
> >
> > I am using the trial version of Office which came preinstalled on my
> > laptop
> > and am evaluating weather to keep it or go back to 2003 I was under
> > the
> > impression this was a full version with no restrictions other than
> > at the end
> > of trial period you either paid for it or it became unuseable.
> >
> > I would hope that if MS want us to evaluate this would include all
> > updates
> > and that this is not the problem.
> >
> > It would also be extremely helpful that if the error code is 78F
> > they might
> > tell us what this code actually is.
> >
> > Cheers Doug
> >
> > "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Stewart;
> >> Try repairing Office 2007
> >> Go to Programs in the control Panel and Select Office 2007
> >> From there take the option to "Repair".
> >>
> >> Please post back with success or failure.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> >> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Office SP1
If you still have problems after you have tried all, please contact me
at "E-Mail me" link on this page:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/feedback.htm
I may be able to put point you to a source of resolution.
Drop the "1" in that address and I will get your message quicker.

This only applies with the 78F error message.

--

"tissy" <tissy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have this same problem also. I have tried your responses, they have
>failed
> me. I am running Vista Home premium,32-bit. I purchased the full
> version of
> office 2007. I have tried disabling all firewalls / virus programs
> ( i run
> windows ONECARE).

Richard

Re: Office SP1
I had the same problem and previous suggestions (e.g. attempting the update
with with office DVD in the drive) didn't work. i uninstalled microsoft
office, reinstalled it, and then ran the update. It worked perfectly.

Thanks for your help

Richard