Windows Update KB934238 will not install

Jay F

Windows Update KB934238 will not install
Update KB934238 will not install error code 0x8024006. Installing on XP Pro
SP2. Appeared to download OK. Repeated attempts goes directly to failed
install. Cannot find update to remove and download again.
--
Jay F
djc

RE: Windows Update KB934238 will not install
Same problem here

"Jay F" wrote:

> Update KB934238 will not install error code 0x8024006. Installing on XP Pro
> SP2. Appeared to download OK. Repeated attempts goes directly to failed
> install. Cannot find update to remove and download again.
> --
> Jay F

SVS

RE: Windows Update KB934238 will not install
I can't get that far. I have tried this update for over 5 days as Live One
Care is constantly telling me I need it. Well if I need it so bad why
doesn't it function?

I am beginning to believe that Live One Care is too great an investment of
my time. Some days it uses 40% of my time on the computer. 8^<

SVS

"djc" wrote:

> Same problem here
>
> "Jay F" wrote:
>
> > Update KB934238 will not install error code 0x8024006. Installing on XP Pro
> > SP2. Appeared to download OK. Repeated attempts goes directly to failed
> > install. Cannot find update to remove and download again.
> > --
> > Jay F

PA Bear

Re: Windows Update KB934238 will not install
Are you (1) running a non-English version of WinXP *and* (2) do you have a
Unidrv-based printer installed *and* (3) is Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
installed *and* (4) does some text in the print dialog box appear in English
on occasion?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

Jay F wrote:
> Update KB934238 will not install error code 0x8024006. Installing on XP
> Pro
> SP2. Appeared to download OK. Repeated attempts goes directly to failed
> install. Cannot find update to remove and download again.

SVS

Re: Windows Update KB934238 will not install
If I had any of these how would I know? I am do not to my knowledge have
anyother version but English WINXP Pro. My print is an HP and .NET
frameworks is ? and all my dialoge is english, so more help is needed here.
Thanks for starting the process of helping me.
SVS

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Are you (1) running a non-English version of WinXP *and* (2) do you have a
> Unidrv-based printer installed *and* (3) is Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
> installed *and* (4) does some text in the print dialog box appear in English
> on occasion?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>
> Jay F wrote:
> > Update KB934238 will not install error code 0x8024006. Installing on XP
> > Pro
> > SP2. Appeared to download OK. Repeated attempts goes directly to failed
> > install. Cannot find update to remove and download again.

PA Bear

Re: Windows Update KB934238 will not install
Then you don't need the update.

1. Stop the Automatic Updates service:

Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Stop
(Stopping the service will take a moment)

2. Delete the contents of the Download folder:

Start > Run > (type in) %windir%\SoftwareDistribution > [OK]
Open the Download folder and delete its contents
Close the window.

3. Go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and run a CUSTOM scan >
Uncheck/deselect KB934238 and "hide" it.

4. Start the Automatic Updates service:

Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Start
(Starting the service will take a moment)
--
~PA Bear

SVS wrote:
> If I had any of these how would I know? I am do not to my knowledge have
> anyother version but English WINXP Pro. My print is an HP and .NET
> frameworks is ? and all my dialoge is english, so more help is needed
> here.
> Thanks for starting the process of helping me.
> SVS
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> Are you (1) running a non-English version of WinXP *and* (2) do you have
>> Unidrv-based printer installed *and* (3) is Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
>> installed *and* (4) does some text in the print dialog box appear in
>> English on occasion?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>>
>> Jay F wrote:
>>> Update KB934238 will not install error code 0x8024006. Installing on XP
>>> Pro
>>> SP2. Appeared to download OK. Repeated attempts goes directly to
>>> failed
>>> install. Cannot find update to remove and download again.

Danny

RE: Windows Update KB934238 will not install
Solution: Uninstall all the .NET Framework updates (1.1, 2.0, 3.0) and any
Hotfix updates. Restart your system if prompt or perform a manual restart.
Go to Windows Update and install any or all the .NET Framework updates. When
you do this, you'll see update KB934238 install as a high priority update.
Update KB934238 might fail to install during this process, not to worry, part
of the process. If all updates installed successfully except for KB934238,
close the Windows Update screen and then reopen it and check for any
available updates. If the process was conducted successfully you won't see
update KB934238 as an available update. If the process fails retry
everything again and it should work. Hit me up to know that it worked. Good
luck.

--
Daniel Zambrano
Computer Technician

"Jay F" wrote:

> Update KB934238 will not install error code 0x8024006. Installing on XP Pro
> SP2. Appeared to download OK. Repeated attempts goes directly to failed
> install. Cannot find update to remove and download again.
> --
> Jay F

Jan H

RE: Windows Update KB934238 will not install

--
jhmt

"Jay F" wrote:

> Update KB934238 will not install error code 0x8024006. Installing on XP Pro
> SP2. Appeared to download OK. Repeated attempts goes directly to failed
> install. Cannot find update to remove and download again.
> --
> Jay F

Mike Phillips

RE: Windows Update KB934238 will not install
Danny:

You nailed it. After installing all of the .NET Framework updates, the
problem disappeared. Thanks for posting the solution!

Mike

"Danny" wrote:

> Solution: Uninstall all the .NET Framework updates (1.1, 2.0, 3.0) and any
> Hotfix updates. Restart your system if prompt or perform a manual restart.
> Go to Windows Update and install any or all the .NET Framework updates. When
> you do this, you'll see update KB934238 install as a high priority update.
> Update KB934238 might fail to install during this process, not to worry, part
> of the process. If all updates installed successfully except for KB934238,
> close the Windows Update screen and then reopen it and check for any
> available updates. If the process was conducted successfully you won't see
> update KB934238 as an available update. If the process fails retry
> everything again and it should work. Hit me up to know that it worked. Good
> luck.
>
> --
> Daniel Zambrano
> Computer Technician
>

> "Jay F" wrote:
>
> > Update KB934238 will not install error code 0x8024006. Installing on XP Pro
> > SP2. Appeared to download OK. Repeated attempts goes directly to failed
> > install. Cannot find update to remove and download again.
> > --
> > Jay F

JudyA

Re: Windows Update KB934238 will not install
This did not work for me. When I do the Update, it still shows the KB934238
as an important update that is hidden.