HAVING BIG TIME PROBLEMS

tcounsel

HAVING BIG TIME PROBLEMS
I tried to pick the updates that would let me on the internet,and no way. It
would take over and install all at the same time, even though I was using
custom installing so I could pick. What to do??? If I install I cant get on
internet, if I turn off updates then I run a risk. Someone help plzzzzz!!!!
Shenan Stanley

Re: HAVING BIG TIME PROBLEMS
tcounsel wrote:
> I tried to pick the updates that would let me on the internet,and
> no way. It would take over and install all at the same time, even
> though I was using custom installing so I could pick. What to do???
> If I install I cant get on internet, if I turn off updates then I
> run a risk. Someone help plzzzzz!!!!

If you cannot uncheck the box on the web page version of the updates -
either your computer has serious issues - or you have no idea what you are
doing. ;-)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Kipp

Re: HAVING BIG TIME PROBLEMS

"tcounsel" <tcounsel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsB3F3E0E-1DF4-4664-B833-80972592FAF4@microsoft.com...
>I tried to pick the updates that would let me on the internet,and no way.
>It

What updates would that be?

> would take over and install all at the same time, even though I was using
> custom installing so I could pick. What to do???

First, learn how to post. Clearly describe what you are doing. Don't use ALL
CAPS.

> If I install I cant get on
> internet, if I turn off updates then I run a risk. Someone help
> plzzzzz!!!!

I'm willing to bet no one understands what you're saying.

Shenan Stanley

Re: HAVING BIG TIME PROBLEMS

tcounsel wrote:
> I thought everyone was suppose to be here to help one another,
> evedently not!!!

First - this is a volunteer newsgroup where your peers choose to help people
such as yourself with issues. How people react to you usually has a lot
with how you choose to present yourself.

The above quotes are a compilation of your postings - so that others might
understand what you are referring to. In short - you should (from this
point on) maintain a single thread/conversation. Not create multiple ones.
In other words - when someone responds to you here (like I am) you should
respond to them here. Keep everything in one constant 'thread' so it makes
sense. In order to compile the conversation above - I had to look at three
of your postings.

Second - you have not supplied near enough information. For example - I
don't know about everyone else- but I do not see you mention what operating
system you are running. Is it Windows 95? Windows 98? Windows 2000?
Windows XP? Windows Vista? What about which service pack you are patched
up to - if applicable? It will be difficult - at best - to assist you in
any way if one does not know what operating system you are running so they
can give you proper directions.

Last - explain in DETAIL what you have done. How did you get to the point
you are now, what you have tried to do to resolve the issue, any error
messages you get, etc. I cannot see your screen, I cannot remotely read
your thoughts and see what you think might be happening. You have to
describe that in excruciating detail. The more information you give - the
better chance you have of receiving assistance.

So - come back with some details and I am sure someone here will be pleased
to help.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP